Luna Staffie DofB ?06.2016 Woodley Berks Foster

xxlynne

Luna Staffie DofB ?06.2016 Woodley Berks Foster

Post by xxlynne » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm

Current Status: Available
luna1DSC06677.jpg
Luna's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Luna is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Luna was in boarding kennels nr Guildford and then rehomed but has come back onto our books due to change of circumstances and through no fault of her own.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Lolly's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Lolly81.JPG
Lolly2.jpg
Luna's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust.

23.06.17: Hi Lynne, I hope you are well and not suffering too much in this heat!
Lolly57.jpg
Lolly18.jpg
I have two dogs that are becoming quite urgent. They have until next Wednesday 28th so got a few days to play with but I'm really struggling to find rescue spaces. I don't like to ask you too often as I know how busy you are but I'm struggling so hope you don't mind me asking? :(

They are both such lovely dogs, Bertram is a gentle giant and Luna is a beautiful "pup". Both can be neutered if you can possibly take? I look forward to hearing from you xx T

LUNA (white)
Female approx 12-18 months old. Pics don't do her justice- bit of a wiggle bum! Very chilled and calm when in her kennel though. Fine with other dogs. Loves people and attention, really enjoys her walks and playing. Can be neutered and chipped prior to going to rescue. Transport can be arranged.

Froggie757

Re: Luna Staffie DofB ?06.2016 London pound comes 29th

Post by Froggie757 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:15 pm

Oh my goodness! Please tell me she is coming to Gatwick Lynne xx

Chapmania

Post by Chapmania » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:21 pm

:welcome.gif: to the family Luna love4.gif xx

Chris86

Post by Chris86 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:00 pm

I met Luna today, what a stunning girl she is! She was ever so slightly timid when I first entered her kennel but quickly came over for some fuss when I knelt down, she had waggy tail from then on thumbs.gif Very easy to harness and put leads on, she even sat without me asking to make it easier for me to clip her harness in. No bother at all walking up and down the kennel block, Lolly didn't react to any of the barking at all.

As soon as we hit the grass she picked up a gear and was so so excited! I wouldn't call it pulling but the first five minutes or so she just explored at the full length of the lead, so many new sights and smells to check out so I'm not surprised. Luna soon settled into a calm trot (she really does trot!) while keeping her nose to the ground, the girl very much enjoyed exploring her surroundings and was so easy to walk. She was very responsive to my voice and quickly figured out the route, just a little tongue click and she followed closely. Luna was slightly nervous in some more closed in wooded areas but I'm sure she'll get used to the surroundings very quickly, just a little encouragement to let her know it was ok and on she went. I've got to say I was mesmerised by her ears when she was walking ahead of me, she just looked so adorable when she became alert and those lovely bright white ears popped forward and bounced while walking lol.gif

Hopefully Luna settles in quickly and fills out a bit more. I wish I could've got more/better pics but Lolly kept deciding to come for cuddles every time I tried. Oh well, plenty of time for pics of this beautiful girl. She really is more gorgeous in the flesh and will have lots of fans (and hopefully potential families!)
Pics won't do her justice!
Pics won't do her justice!
Lolly2.jpg

Elliesmum

Re: Luna Staffie DofB ?06.2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elliesmum » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:09 pm

I said hello to Luna through her kennel door this morning. She was pleased to be getting attention but sat there, head down, looking so sad. I hope this baby gets a home soon before the kennels upset her too much. Very sweet girl xx
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our fb page
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

Judy

Post by Judy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:37 pm

I took Luna out for the first time this afternoon, what a gorgeous girl she is, for such a young dog she is very sensible. She was so pleased to be going out, we had a bit of a cuddle before putting on her harness, after her initial excitement she sat down whilst I got her ready. She is very easy to walk. What a fantastic girl, lovely nature, I am sure she will not be with us for long. Heart fill with love.gif]

Chris86

Re: Lolly Staffie DofB ?06.2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Chris86 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:18 pm

Lovely Lady Lolly-pops :smiley-love014.gif:

She's just the sweetest young girl with a lovely and gentle nature as has been said. She has a very short attention (so much going on, so much to see!!) which made for an interesting time for Sarah trying to take pics of her lol.gif She's not overly treat orientated or responsive to voice - while outside, at least - but the girl really loves her walks and all the smells they bring, she's so easy to walk. We stopped at the stream today, Lolly was a bit hesitant at first until I put my hand in the water. A bit of a sniff and some investigation before she had a bit of a slurp then Lolly figured out it was nice to get all four paws in the nice cool water, bless her.

She's a gorgeous girl but quite hard to get good pics of!
Lolly.jpg
Lolly Stream.jpg

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:22 pm

Luna was an ideal dog to give to new walker Andy, doing his induction today. Luna walked nicely with Tara and both girls did us proud. Luna doesn't seem to know her new name yet but she soon reacted when she heard the wrapper on Andys treat bag 0002.gif]
We met another dog on the narrow bridle path and Luna was very friendly, wanting to play and wagging her tail.
image.jpeg
Last edited by Elliesmum on Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our fb page
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:34 pm

Luna our dolly girl love4.gif
DSC06677.JPG
DSC06681 - Copy.JPG
DSC06682.JPG
DSC06672.JPG
DSC06671.JPG
DSC06670.JPG
DSC06678.JPG
DSC06681.JPG
DSC06684.JPG
Sweetie-pie love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

xxlynne

Re: Luna Staffie DofB ?06.2016 Godalming

Post by xxlynne » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:31 pm

Luna was popped the question by Stanley and she said I do... CatB having taken her home to foster fell head-over-heals...no not on a canicross run but with a heart surge...Luna is home!

Return to “Our Superb Staffies (Staffierescue.co.uk)”