Podge Staffie DOB 01.11.09 New Romney

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
Elliesmum

Re: Podge Staffie DOB 01.11.09 New Romney

Post by Elliesmum » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:46 am

Brilliant! Happy gotcha day little Podge xx :havefun.gif: woo.gif]
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit our fb page https://www.facebook.com/groups/676797962392764/

Milliemoo

Post by Milliemoo » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:58 am

Happy gotcha day beautiful girl Heart fill with love.gif]
That cake looks amazing!!

johnfowle

Post by johnfowle » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:14 am

I realise that "Gotcha Days" should start from the day your canine friend is adopted but, when we first fostered Podge, the likelihood of her surviving even one month, let alone one year and now three years, was pretty remote....we have, of course, adopted her now and she is, if anything, in better health than when she first arrived.

We are all truly amazed how well she has fitted in with our lifestyle and how well she gets on with all the other residents.

Oh, and that celebration cake is, of course, "doggy friendly"!!

johnfowle

Post by johnfowle » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:48 pm

Poor old Podge is having more appointments at the vets down here to try and sort out her continuing poo problem....she has been loose for months now and virtually every morning Sylvie has to clear up mess over the whole of the floor in the sitting room....thank goodness or carpet cleaners!! We are really fortunate and have some brilliant vets which means we don't have to make the long trip to Mark in Westerham each time we need a consultation.
Initially, Podge was given a long course of an antibiotic, combined with a "binder upper", called Metrobactin", and for the entire time she was on it she was fine....immediately she came off it, it was back to the carpet cleaner. Then it was X-ray time and scans to see if there was anything sinister lurking in the intestines....fortunately, it wasn't necessary to sedate her as she is a very good girl and stays In the position she is put. Nothing found of any significance....only a slightly thickened gut wall....she where do we go now???? Oh, yes, the blood test, of course.
The blood test performed on site didn't reveal anything abnormal, but the sample sent off to the vet hospital where a more detailed analysis is carried out found a deficiency in both B12 and folic acid. So Podge is now I n the middle of four weekly injections of B12 and a month's course of folic acid....let's hope that gets to the bottom of everything!!….if only because her rear end does get quite sore from passing so much soft material.
The vet also thinks she has something akin to our Irritable Bowel Syndrome and, consequently, she has a special diet to help her absorb her food.
Everybody is quite amazed how Podge keeps going....she appears to be such a happy soul and wanders in and out of the garden as she wishes.

theflowerarranger

Post by theflowerarranger » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:36 am

[cry.gif] oh bless Podge , she’s so lucky to have such great care. Her poor bottom, can’t believe u are managing with carpet! I always thank good old laminate at those times. How adorable that she stays in position , I wonder if her eyes move :shock: So beautiful are staffs Heart fill with love.gif]

SarahW

Post by SarahW » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:56 pm

Oh Podge I think about you so often. I hope you are doing better. Lots of love x love4.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form