Buds Staffie DofB 21.12.15 Gatwick Kenns

EmmaNicole

Re: Buds Staffie DofB 21.12.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by EmmaNicole »

Took my best boy for a spin yesterday and as per usual Buds was having none of this walking lark until he’d first visited the paddock. Now despite Buds’s love of water he is not a fan of the mud and so the big paddock was a no go thanks to the very wet conditions we are experiencing at present but we did manage a little kick about in the small paddock. Afterwards we went a nice walk round the village with friend Kami and Tigga, all the dogs were relaxed in each other’s company although Buds did show his nerves with some shouty communication when encountering some local dogs.

Buds is an anxious boy and he shows his nerves and lack of social knowledge when out by warning people with his barking. In the home though he is a good boy. He is really struggling in kennels at present and doesn’t understand why his forever family haven’t found him yet as he tries so hard to be a good dog and is very eager to show off his learning skills. Buds is a typical staffie who is loving and happy and just wants to be loved. I so hope Buds’s people find him this 2021 as It would be amazing to see this sweet boy happy and smiling again.
E2AA5B85-EF74-4AC7-AECB-71140B061CCC.jpeg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Happy new year my best boy Buds, may 2021 be your year lovely boy :crossfingers.gif:
337C9E03-71A2-403B-8C2F-F3C5DD577866.jpeg
I indulged myself with an afternoon walk with Buds today, I do LOVE this boy love4.gif

Buds was very clear he wanted to go to the paddock !
Are you going to throw that tennis ball for me ?!?
Are you going to throw that tennis ball for me ?!?
Come on, that ball, the one I’m looking at !!!
Come on, that ball, the one I’m looking at !!!
3F315515-5A09-4F98-9269-2BD7D8BCCCF6.jpeg
I’m coming back for more xxx
I’m coming back for more xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Buds is so sad in kennels, you can see it in his eyes, don't give up Buds, we will find your perfect humans. Buds came into rescue a really laid back boy, but kennel life has taken its toll and this lovely boy's become anxious and therefore sometimes reactive to other dogs he meets outside (by barking at them). With confident walkers reassuring him, he is pretty good with smaller dogs, and learning not to worry so much about the others. Buds has been taught to walk with a muzzle on, he doesn't particularly like it, but he has become used to it. He also loves to walk with a tennis ball in his mouth (obviously not at the same time as wearing a muzzle!), and this tends to make him ignore other dogs because he doesn't want to drop the ball. Buds has a huge heart, and he is desperate to give it to someone and to feel the reassurance once more that he belongs. I do pray that this will be Buds's year :crossfingers.gif:
Luella

Post by Luella »

The pictures from Sarah K are lovely. He’s such an attractive boy with an appealing face but, yes, you can see the sadness in his eyes. A new year wish that his forever, loving home comes soon :goodluck.gif:
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Sending all my wishes that this beautiful little man soon finds his forever home. If Billy and Trixie would be more welcoming I’d have him here .
Please , please let this be Buds year🙏🏻
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Got to walk my fave boy Buds today woo.gif]
Decided we’d go walkies rather than Buds favourite thing which is paddock time -Buds is not a fan of the mud so leaving the kennels through the woods was a challenge as he didn’t want to get his paws dirty !!! (And I think he thought he’d try it on so that I’d take him back to his beloved paddock !).

I was having none of it and if I jogged ever so slightly (and slipped in the mud !!) Buds would follow me - until the last very muddy bit to get from the woods to the dryer path and he dug his paws in !so I picked the big lump up and carried him over the muddiest bit - he stayed dead still in my arms thankfully, with such slippy mud underfoot I couldn’t have coped with wriggling too !! Anyway, we made it !!

And once on the dryer path he was happy to step out on a lovely relaxed walk with me love4.gif

We passed by a couple of RR dogs out on their walks - each one got a woof from Buds but by giving him plenty of space it was over very quickly and on we went. Buds was fab walking in his muzzle, quite happy and I made sure he got ‘sweeties’ (treats !!) through the muzzle too so he knew what a good boy he was :D

Buds also passed horse poop without wanting to eat it and same was also easily moved on after just a sniff of another dogs poop ! Well done Buds :D

Buds would certainly be happier in a home and kennel life has knocked the stuffing out of him but today his coat was nice and shiny and he’s keeping weight on so he’s doing all right :D

I do love this boy for his over exuberance away from kennel life, he can be a bull in a China shop boy at times when I’ve weekend fostered him a few times before and he’s a full on love bug in the home ! How I wish Buds could find his perfect family :crossfingers.gif:

Until then he knows theres plenty of us who love him to bits and I will continue to enjoy my time with this super special lad xxx

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

This was the path he didn’t mind ! It’s the sticky gooey mud he doesn’t like !!!
1B5C99E0-4274-4690-9225-8FD1CEB440A2.jpeg

On the way back we tried a bit of adventuring over the logs in the woods ...
F11105FF-4CB8-421E-83DB-157C52551A16.jpeg

Back in his kennel - I know we don’t usually do kennel pics but how I love that beautiful face, I couldn’t resist xxx
3BF81E82-F8AF-41E4-B764-7B84EDC5E783.jpeg
Love you Buds xxx
Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
geoffcase

Post by geoffcase »

I am glad I had the opportunity to walk Buds again today. He was very good leaving the kennel, but insisted on going to the paddock despite the mud. After a couple of chases of the tennis ball, he settled down to destroy it, and that accomplished he was ready to go for a walk.
Buds knew where he wanted to go and I was happy to oblige. So that’s where we went, down the lane and off around Smallfield.
Buds was very well behaved during the walk - it was a pleasure to be with him.
heleny

Post by heleny »

What a totally amazing photo of Buds's face - he really does know how to appeal to people. He is a dog I don't walk as I am busy with the little ones but I love the way he takes treats and talks with his eyes when I spend time with him outside his pen. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Return to “Our Superb Staffies (Staffierescue.co.uk)”