Troy Staffie x Dofb 05.2017 Horley W/E foster + Gatwick Kenns

SarahW

Troy walking update!

Post by SarahW »

Here are some vids of how Troy is doing with his walking skills.

We have good and bad days. Sometimes he pulls alot and can be distracted be everything around him and sometimes he is chilled and focused. Either way he is still improving! I am sure in his forever home with a set routine he will settle and his skills will improve further.

Andy and I are both working from home, so due to meetings etc we can't always take him for a decent lunchtime walk. Also Andy and I aren't dogtrainers i.e. we have no skills whatsoever. We are trying to educate ourselves but Troy is doing very well considering the poor standard of education he is receiving! thumbs.gif

Here he is on the extender lead in a field near where we live:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Further on the walk down a pathway again on the extender

Finally walking down the road on a short lead back to the house - due to holding up camera the Troy thought I was going to give him a treat so his walking to heel here is not representative of his usual short lead walking - he is not quite that good yet!

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
SarahW

Re: Troy Staffie x Dofb 05.2017 Horley W/E foster + Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW »

Troy enjoying some cuddles last Sunday morning. He sleeps on his own bed at night but enjoys some cuddles on the bed once we all wake up, bless his cotton socks!

SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Troy continues to come for his weekly foster stays with us. He is a great dog who has developed strong loving bonds with us both. His lead skills are improving but he will always be a strong dog!

He is great around the house and learns new routines and skills as we have more time together. He now knows that when he comes in from the garden he stops, lets me dry his paws and then he gets a sausage. Much the same as the shower he has when we pick him up from kennels. Once he sees me head upstairs with the packet of sausagess he zooms past me and is already waiting in the bath!!!

Troy would suit an active home where he can burn off his energy during the day and curl up on the sofa at night (which is one of his favourite things in the world!). This boy is an undiscovered treasure so fill out that Homing Questionnaire!

Here he is helping us clean out the yogurt pots before they go in the recycling....it is a game of chance i.e. if Troy gets the chance to grab the pot he will! thumbs.gif

SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Troy is not a traditional Personal Assistant to me while I work from home. He doesn't take calls or book meetings but he does give face washes and offers cuddles, so he is pretty good thumbs.gif

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

His face says it all ...gorgeous boy Heart fill with love.gif]
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Troy has shown he is not bothered by fireworks when outside. Sometimes he notices the big bangs when we are indoors and he will bark but he was more telling us he heard a noise rather than getting stressed.

This year fireworks have been everywhere it seems due to a lack of organised displays so I really feel for all the animals, be it pets, wildlife or farm animals that get so distressed. So it was good to know that this was not an issue for dear Troy.

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

What a brave boy ... Kiss of love.gif
In the video his body looks really lurchery wheyhey.gif
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

He was so brave Sweetpea! He does have the deep chest of a lurcher/sight hound. I also see mastiff in him as well. A real mix of fabulousness!! thumbs.gif

Here is Troy doing his impression of a foghorn the other night.... 0002.gif]

mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

I love this boy and love your videos of him Sarah, the last one made me a giggle! thumbs.gif
Our Danny is like that with fireworks - not bothered by them but occasionally barks at the really loud ones just to let us know that there is something out there!
Thank you for looking after him when you can and hope his home comes soon :crossfingers.gif:

Return to “Our Superb Staffies (Staffierescue.co.uk)”