Ruby Staffie x DofB 06.06.12 Gatwick Kenns

Jan Case

Re: Ruby Staffie x DofB 06.06.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jan Case »

Love that picture of Tommy with his nose in Ruby's ear!!! I love walking Ruby. It's a stress free walk. Ruby takes no notice of other people, dogs, horses, cyclists, joggers whatever. If we pass a dog that barks at her she just speeds up a little, and if they are barking behind their own garden fence, she looks up at you for reassurance (and sometimes speeds up a little!!). After the initial enthusiasm she settles down and we have a slack lead walk. I don't really understand why Ruby is still with us and not settled in her very own home, with a nice comfy sofa, she is such a beautiful girl. love4.gif

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I had my first walk with Ruby today, I don't really know why I haven't walked her before, but I didn't realise just what a sweet girl she is, away from her kennel. She had no worries about trotting off with a stranger and was really quite affectionate. I can honestly say she is one of the most obedient, polite, well mannered dogs I have ever walked. She will sit or drop to a lie down on asking and will calmly stay there until told to move on. She did this superbly every time I asked her, to let other dogs and people pass by. Ruby showed no reaction to people, dogs,traffic or cyclists. She seemed to approve of me and it was nice to see her in the kennel afterwards without her barking at me. The Ruby you see in the kennel is definitely not the dog you see outside. Amazing transformation and I'm sorry I haven't realised earlier as she would certainly have been top of my list to walk. I'm looking forward to getting to know her better.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our fb page
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I took Ruby out again today. I think she was a bit off colour today, as she was a bit quiet, but still up for her walk and a cuddle. We walked with others walkers and their dogs which went very well. Ruby was strong on the lead coming out of kennels, but soon relaxed and I was very impressed how she walked with Pickles and Tigga, all three dogs were very sociable and happy to trot along together. All passed other dogs and horses well. Ruby loves to lay in the grass and have belly rubs.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our fb page
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Ruby showed last week what a really good walking companion she was for Buds, who was so happy following her on the walk, so we decided to pair them up again today with great success. Ruby is such a calm dog and such an easy dog to walk I think it is brilliant she is able to help other dogs relax. Ruby doesn’t mind if it’s sunshine or rain ( today was rain) she just enjoys her walk. We let her and Buds go down to the stream for a splash around, because they both love the water, and they had a fabulous time. Ruby does try for the total submersion, but the stream wasn’t deep enough. This lovely girl is very ready to find her forever family xxxx :smiley-chores002.gif:

Return to “Our Superb Staffies (Staffierescue.co.uk)”