Caesar Staffie DofB 17.02.16 Walmer Deal

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
anne

Re: Caesar Staffie DofB 17.02.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Caesar was having a blast in the stream this morning.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

anne

Post by anne »

Caesar is a great, happy, funny full of joy staffie character. He walks with a proper staffie wiggle and a waggy tail. He is such a happy boy and loves human company and likes cuddles and will give a good face wash in appreciation.
His favourite thing at the moment is the stream. As soon as he sees the water he starts heading down the bank, so at all the places where we can access the stream I let him go down for a splash and paddle.
caesar1DSCF5844.jpg
caesar2DSCF5845.jpg
caesar3DSCF5846.jpg

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Yes, Caesar is a proper staffie chunky monkey. He greeted me in his kennel in such a good natured way this morning, then we were off for a walk. He is a typical young staffie, full of energy, fun and affection. He walked keenly but didn't pull. He was fine with heavy traffic but doesn't like bikes and unfortunately, this area has many cyclists ( I share his dislike 0002.gif]) and passed all people really well. He huffed and puffed a bit when we met other dogs along the way, but is easily managed and he didn't lunge or react too badly. Caesar loved a dip in the stream, where he dunked his belly a few times, bless him. On the whole, I found him easy on the lead, with awareness of other dogs, very affectionate, connected, responsive and quite obedient. Caesar will improve as he gains confidence on his walks and is introduced to things around him. Early days. Nice boy.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our fb page
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

anne

Post by anne »

Caesar and I headed to the paddock this morning for some fun. Caesar puts 100% enthusiasm into everything he does, with a big staffie smile on his face. He loved playing ball, bringing it back and dropping at my feet to throw again. He is a sensible boy and when he had had enough he went and had a drink and lay down in the shade. After a rest we headed out for a walk keeping to the shady woods and of course visiting the stream for a paddle and a dunk.
caesar1DSCF6081a.jpg
caesar2DSCF6083.jpg
caesar3DSCF6093.jpg
caesar4DSCF6094.jpg

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I spent some more time with Caesar this morning and it's very easy to fall in love with this little chunk. Once away from kennels, he will walk very nicely and when you stop and ask him, he does a great sit and lie down, he's a very responsive, connected boy. I love the way Caesar will look up at me and check in every so often on our walk, so he's easy to connect with. He didn't like some bikes whizzing past at one point, then a very nice young boy got off his bike and walked it past him, so then he was fine. How nice was that? I watch him with joggers as they will insist on coming up close :shock: and he does stare at them, but if you are sensible and aware, he's not a problem. I think Caesar just needs to live a little and get some gentle exposure so that he's not so nervy with some things, as he really is a smashing little dog. So with some support and awareness, to keep him safe really, he will get used to things around him. Although he's a chunk, I don't find him too strong or hard to manage, and he's very affectionate and gentle when he's being handled. He takes treats gently. A walk on a warm day wouldn't be complete without a dunk in the stream, which he does enjoy. Back in the paddock, he also had the paddling pool, and once he was nice and wet, he insisted on getting on a very small chair with me then plonking himself on my lap. Darling lad, I love him.

Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Beautiful boy💕

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I just love Caesar. He is a super little dog. He is very sensitive and intelligent. He's a lovely dog to walk and work with, and once away from the stress of the kennels, he relaxes into a nice walk and listens to his walker. He was quite reactive to the first couple of dogs we met, but then when I had his attention more, I concentrated on avoidance with him, then moving off the path when I spotted another dog, and asking him to sit and look at me, with a treat, which he did superbly while dogs passed him. He loves being told what a good boy he is and is an obedient dog, who wants to please you. He is genuinely stressed by other dogs but I have found that doing this with him, while not over facing him, he is very responsive and a very quick learner. I'd love to have him full time and work on this with him, it's so rewarding and a privilege to spend time with this cracking staffie boy. Lots of joggers ran past us today and he took no notice of them, even the thoughtless one that came up right behind us, way too close, which made me jump, but not Caesar. Small boy racing past on a bike made Caesar look and lean in that direction, but he then ignored. Caesar is a typical Staff, he is excitable, sensitive, energetic and loving. He is also gentle, doesn't snatch treats and has let me take his harness off over his head while eating from his bowl. Even when stressed around dogs, not once has he showed signs of redirecting on me and I am confident handling him. With an experienced person, he will be a wonderful dog to have around.
IRS20200607_140303.jpg

xxlynne

Re: Caesar Staffie DofB 17.02.16 Walmer Deal

Post by xxlynne »

This beautiful boy found his forever family today. Mandy, Theo and their grandchild Alfie came to meet.

Caesar is their 5th Staffie and first Brindle boy and they love him deeply already. Patch their 4th is now under Rainbow bridge was homed by us in 2012.
IMG_6375.JPG
IMG_6376.JPG
IMG_6377.JPG
IMG_6380.JPG
IMG_6381.JPG
IMG_6383.JPG
Caesar is their boy!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Elliesmum

Re: Caesar Staffie DofB 17.02.16 Walmer Deal

Post by Elliesmum »

Oh wow, just finished writing up from this morning, I had no idea he was being met today, that's wonderful news, you have a super little dog there! Good luck Caesar, enjoy your new home, they are lucky people :goodjob.gif: blob.gif blob.gif blob.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”