Lily Staffie x Pug? Bulldog? JRT? DOB 09.07.13 Gatwick Kenns

Steph.Laura

Re: Lily Staffie x Pug? Bulldog? JRT? DOB 09.07.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Steph.Laura »

I walked Lily with Mika today who was an absolute joy. Lily was enjoying the spring sunshine, she was happy to walk through the woods and over the field. She is a lovely girl 💗

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Lily and I had a fabulous walk today. She obviously felt, initially, it should be a short walk, but I persevered and we ended up having a really quite long walk (especially for Lily) which she thoroughly enjoyed. Lily is essentially a very gentle girl. She occasionally mouths off at other dogs, a lady with her Rottweiller suddenly appeared behind us today when I had stopped to give Lily a small treat, and Lily saw them before I did and started barking, but then her tail was wagging and she went into a play bow (first time I've actually seen her do this and it was very cute). Even without social distancing I wouldn't have let her get up close and personal with a strange dog, and they walked on by, and Lily suggested we might go back and I said no come on, and we continued our own walk!! I think Lily has never known a home of her own, which is so sad. The Rescue is her home, and she is very loved, but it is just not the same. She has to share her humans with so many other dogs, and they are always busy. Lily would love a home where she could snuggle on the sofa next to you, potter in the garden, and go for nice walks, avoiding the mud if at all possible. She would make such a wonderful companion dog, and she would love it. I really hope this year will be her year :crossfingers.gif:

StefanG

Post by StefanG »

Lily and her roommate Mika had a great welcome for us again today, they love their fuss and treats before and after their walk. As usual, Lily would probably have been happier with a shorter circuit, but after a brief stand-off, she gave in very gracefully and enjoyed a long walk with ourselves and Mika. Lily is a lovely affectionate girl - possibly the only thing she enjoys more than her belly rubs are her treats! love4.gif
IMG_4683.jpg

heleny

Post by heleny »

Lovely photos of the gorgeous girl - thank you. I had to walk Lily and Mika separately today as there was no one there to help me with this gorgeous pair. I think Lily prefers walking with Mika as she will walk farther if she has her long legged friend to accompany her. However, we made the best of it and she was lucky in that she had some treats on the walk just for herself. She loves treats! I have rarely known a dog who craves human company and cuddles as much as Lily - she is just so totally affectionate. She would make someone an absolutely fantastic companion. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

renatatlek

Post by renatatlek »

We walked Lily and Mika together yesterday and today. They are so lovely on the walks. Mika was running ahead, but every now and then stopping, turning back and waiting for Lily. Once we diverted from the path to the woods and tried to go in different directions, but Lily wasn't having it. She needed to follow her buddy ;-).
Lovely dogs!
Attachments
Mika.jpg
Lily.jpg

heleny

Post by heleny »

I took Lily out on her own after I had taken her best mate Mika. It was the most beautiful day and Lily responded to everything that was lovely - she wanted to walk quite far, she wanted cuddles and she was very, very well behaved (not so good when she saw Ferdy out with James - but then Ferdy, though totally stunning, is also very big!) I actually think Lily quite likes going out on her own without her long legged friend. She certainly likes the conversation and the cuddles and kept looking up for more of both. We walked for about 40 minutes - I think she needs this as, although she is perfect, she actually needs the exercise. Once back in the café she snaffled her treats (this time she had to share with Mika) and settled down in her chair. This girl is one of the most affectionate dogs I have ever had the privilege to walk and she is absolutely gorgeous! Heart fill with love.gif]

jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we took lily out with her best mate mika on sunday we always used to take them round by the sewage works but as the bridge is damaged we had to go the common via the cinder path lily was her usual laid back self and happily keeping up with the effervescent mika down to the stream (wonder whether lily remembers watching the bank collapsing last year and me sinking into the stream holding her bruv lol) a great walk as always lils
IMG_6601.JPG

heleny

Post by heleny »

I know I keep going on about the fact that Lily is so friendly and so affectionate but you have to experience it to really know what I mean. She is so unbelievably loving - it almost brings a tear to the eye when you think that all she would like is her own special person to love and her own home. Yesterday we went for a walk without her mate Mika as I was on my own walking them and she really likes it I think. We chat and she listens and she always hopes for a few extra treats without having to beat Mika to them. Mind you, looking at that cute, adorable but not thin shape I wonder if I should indulge her! She did burn the calories though by keeping up a good pace and by going a bit further than she would normally like. Her manners on seeing another dog in the woods need some improvement and attention but I think that would sort itself out in the right home. I took her back to Mika and left her relaxing on her cushion. Gorgeous girl, see you next time. Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif] :crossfingers.gif:

Return to “Our Superb Staffies (Staffierescue.co.uk)”