Juan Staffie DofB ?2009 Caterham Surrey

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
NatashaB

Re: Juan Staffie DofB ?2009 Guildford Kenns

Post by NatashaB » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:17 am

Met Juan yesterday and went for a walk around the island. He trots along for a while then likes to stop for a rest and some fuss. But we had a lovely hour long slow walk (with lots of cuddle stops). He is a very endearing dog.... as soon as I started to sit down on the grass he quickly plonked himself down next to me for a scratch, leaning on my leg love4.gif
He is very good at 'sit' and 'paw' and managed to quite a few treats off me even though I was trying to hold back because he is rather round already.

He had a little bark at the cows but then I said don't be silly come on and then he ignored them the rest of the time as we slowly walked behind them.

We passed 3 onlead dogs during the walk and I got Juan to sit for a treat as they went passed and he was good as gold.
Whitagram-Image.jpg
Afterwards we went for a half hour in the paddock and Juan really loved running around with his tennis ball, and when he was done he went for a snooze in the shade.

Gorgeous dog with a very sweet temperament, hopefully won't be waiting long :goodluck.gif:
Whitagram-Image.jpg

NatashaB

Post by NatashaB » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:26 am

Oh and he made me laugh at the end - he was lying on the grass with his ball and it was time to go back inside... I clipped on his leads and said come on then - Juan immediately rolled onto his side and closed his eyes 0002.gif]

Clever boy love4.gif
Whitagram-Image.jpg

lucyloo

Post by lucyloo » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:12 pm

Beautiful inside and out, Juan accompanied Cheeky on a homing meet today. After a poo-stop he was very keen to catch up and was actually running of his own accord. None of that wanting to stop and sit down, he was very keen to keep up the whole time. He had a good bark at the bullocks, who thankfully weren't bothered.

lucyloo

Post by lucyloo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:35 pm

Spent some quality time with Juan today. I popped him in the exercise pen for a little while, where he entertained himself for ages with the boomer ball. Then we went into our little store room, where he had to be lifted onto the sofa, as those little back legs were just too tired. Please watch the video, although it's a bit long. He actually fell right to sleep after this, which was such a joy.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Last edited by lucyloo on Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

kyechoy

Post by kyechoy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:11 pm

I walked Juan on Saturday. He is such a lovely boy and just enjoys all the attention. He walked passed other dogs nicely and loves to stop for cuddles and belly rubs. While in the paddock he enjoyed a game of fetch with the tennis ball. Then he winds down snuggled next to me for more cuddles. Such a lovely boy. Hope he gets his home soon.
Juan.jpg
Here's him working for his treat :)

ElayneN

Post by ElayneN » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:48 pm

After reading the posts about Juan I was very pleased to meet him today - what a total sweetheart. We walked to the canal, him ambling along in front, having a sniff every so often, sometimes speeding up to almost a lollopy gallop, sometimes sitting down telling me he wanted a rest and a cuddle. He is a lovely easy to please little soul, keeling over for a belly rub on the grass in the sunshine and almost instantly snoozing, actually making a little snoring noise like a cat purring! Then he sat up and gave me some kisses love4.gif
He's not for long walks, it's almost as though he goes along with the walk happily enough for the 'extras' - the treats and the cuddles, bless him.
He ignored the cows, barked at a few passing dogs, and was a very laid back chap. When we got back to his kennel, he kept ambling off to get his tennis ball and bringing it back to me to chase him (fairly slowly ;)) for it. What a gorgeous boy. I'd say he wants very little from life except a kind hooman of his own, lots of cuddles and a comfy sofa to snooze the day away. Kiss of love.gif

lucyloo

Post by lucyloo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:48 am

Juan has come to stay for a couple of days. It was about 45 min trip home and he was a little unsettled, but mostly quiet. We went for a walk with my dogs and there was barking from all parties so we kept our distance. Back home I got Juan settled into his guest suite and found him a nice comfy bed. He pottered around his little garden and we had a play with tennis balls and Kong. Then time for a nice warm shower, which he tolerated quietly. Afterwards he was full of the joys of spring and very shiny. Nice to be free of collar and harness also.
I had some chores to do , during which time he mostly slept, but always happy to have a little fuss. Later on we had a walk at dusk, where he trotted along happily. Then I spent some time lounging on the sofa bed doing some laptop stuff, while he slept on a duvet on the floor. I went "next door" for a couple of hours and he was perfectly happy. He really is fine being left alone. I left him sound asleep at bedtime and he was curled up in his bed when I came down, no problems. He had a potter, a wee and poo then back to bed love4.gif
He is no trouble AT ALL, and requires very little out of life.

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:45 pm

Thank you for giving him time out of kennels. ..none of the older dogs should be in kennels Kiss of love.gif

mandyandmike

Re: Juan Staffie DofB ?2009 Temp Foster Sherfield on Loddon

Post by mandyandmike » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:04 pm

Ah thank you Suzanne, he needs a warm home before winter. :iagree.gif: bravo1.gif