Snowy & Gilly Staffie Pair DoB 17.06.10 & 02.08.07 Gatwick Kenns

Our smashing Staffordshire Bull Terriers and Staffie crosses available for homing!
Jan Case

Re: Snowy & Gilly Staffie Pair DoB 17.06.10 & 02.08.07 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jan Case » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:24 pm

So Geoff and I split this beautiful duo up again today for walks and Snowy walked with Buds and Gilly with Nyla. They are such good, happy, dogs and Snowy is really helping Buds to feel calm on his walks because she is such a soothing influence for him, she is also benefiting because Buds stops and sniffs so Snowy is learning to as well. Gilly is very good with Nyla who does like to have another dog to walk with to give her confidence. Gilly is very chilled around other dogs. Snowy and Gilly are a fabulous pair, friendly, enthusiastic, energetic, I cannot understand why they are still waiting to be chosen. love4.gif

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:07 pm

My wife and I met Snowy and Gilly today and took them for a short walk with a view to potentially rehoming them.

Snowy and Gilly are really well behaved but are very energetic and definitely need a person each walking them. They are a delight and had no issues with other dogs we met. We would have loved to have them but we weren't right for them. We really hope they find their forever home soon.

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:48 pm

So Geoff and I split this gorgeous duo up again today so that we could walk Buds with Snowy, who is such a calming influence for him. Snowy and Gilly are so good around other dogs, they set a very good example. They are such loving friendly dogs, not very big but they do both pull on the lead. I feel this will improve hugely with regular twice daily walks, and of course some consistent lead training. Geoff did a bit of circling with Gilly when he was pulling and he was definitely beginning to get the message with actual periods of slack lead. Snowy has learned from Buds that it’s okay to stop and sniff on our walks, and when she is behind Buds we have lots of periods now of no pulling, and actually stopping to have a look around! It’s wonderful to see. Snowy and Gilly are always so happy to see you, they are such good natured dogs, absolute darlings xxxxx

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:49 pm

Gilly was really good walking with Richard today, I joined them walking Nyla and Marek too with Simba, all 3 dogs very good, they enjoyed walking along in a line with a safe gap between them :D
A3F9E581-A115-46E4-93CD-CF57449A3993.jpeg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:50 pm

Dear little Snowy walked with me today and Geoff who had Buds, and Katy who had popped in unexpectedly took Gilly. Snowy is learning to pause and sniff walking with Buds and we have much less pulling in the lead. She is very easy to walk, people and dog friendly. Gilly is also easy to walk but still pulls like a dog on a mission! I do feel that regular walks will significantly reduce this, and of course there are magic harnesses that stop dogs pulling on lead. Both Gilly and Snowy are people and dog friendly, they are loving, happy, enthusiastic small Staffies. It would be so good to see them scooped up by their very own loving family xxxx

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:49 pm

Geoff and I split Snowy and Gilly up for their walk again today so that Snowy could walk with Buds and continue to help him relax. Both these little white Staffies are so people and so dog friendly, they are really happy to see you, sit beautifully for treats and take them very gently. They are easy to harness up and easy to wipe down at the end of their walk. Gilly is quite strong on the lead, he walks like a dog on a mission, and Snowy can be a bit like that, but she is learning to stop and sniff occasionally from Buds. Snowy and Gilly are not large Staffies, and are easily managed, but you do need one person per dog walking them 0028.gif :smiley-chores002.gif:

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:45 pm

So we did our usual walking Snowy with Buds and Gilly with Nyla today. Snowy and Gilly are such happy, friendly, loving little Staffies, to see their little faces popping up over the side of their kennel when you arrive, and their wide Staffy grins and happy wagging tails is to see joy. You can’t help but grin back. Snowy is learning, by walking with Buds, not to pull on the lead and we had a really enjoyable, if rather muddy, walk. Amazingly the little steam train that is Gilly also walked with a totally slack lead for part of his walk today woo.gif] . These two will bring fun and laughter every day, I really hope they don’t have to wait too much longer to find their perfect human match xxxxx

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:54 pm

Lovely Snowy walked with Buds today, Buds is always pleased to see Snowy and walks nice and calmly with her :D

Gilly and I enjoyed a walk later in the day, today Gilly decided not to pull and for at least 3/4 of our walk I had a nice slack lead with Gilly loving to sniff and check out the tasty grass :D
0ED81430-5F4C-4C9C-90B0-942DB3D95471.jpeg
Checking out the grass !!!
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:42 pm

Gilly and Geoff had a nice energetic walk today, unfortunately in the rain again, but Gilly doesn’t mind the rain, in fact he rather likes to puddle surf! This little boy was as happy as ever to see Geoff and get out for a walk. He walked beside Nyla, because Snowy had gone out with Buds. Gilly is happy to walk with other dogs and happy to walk without them, he’s very focused on where he is going, on a mission, it would be lovely to see this boy relax into his walks more and take time to stop for sniffs and to take in the scenery. He loves his walks but seems to treat them as a mission to be accomplished rather than an amble through the woods. Dear chap :smiley-chores002.gif: