Blue Alapaha blue blood bulldog DofB 06.12.13 Gatwick Kenns

xxlynne

Blue Alapaha blue blood bulldog DofB 06.12.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
blue1DSCF4218a.jpg
Blue's Story: Blue's owner is seriously
ill in hospital and since admission as been made homeless. The owner's social worker took Blue in 10 days ago, and fed him up and has been looking for a safe Rescue place for him. He has been great with her 10 yr old son and learned to live beside her cat, and her cat has learned to live beside Blue. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Blue is neutered, chipped, and has a pet passport. Vaccinations are in progress. Blue is coming in to boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
blue2DSCF4223.jpg
blue3DSCF4215.jpg
blue4DSCF4217.jpg
blue5DSCF4228.jpg
blue6DSCF4230a.jpg
blue7DSCF4255.jpg
Blue's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We were called asking for help to offer Blue security and find him his forever home.

Blue comes into our Rescue on the 25th August 2021
BlueAmB.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Blue Alapaha blue blood bulldog DofB 01.11.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Blue has arrived. He came in via his temp. fosterer / saviour with her 3 very young children who he was wonderful with. Gentle boy.

Here are 2 Alapaha Bulldogs we have helped recently
Stella
Kobey
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

I briefly met Blue as he was arriving at the kennels yesterday and I happened to be walking across the drive. He came straight over to say hello new person as he got out of the car and snuggled in gently for a fuss. love4.gif

Such a beautiful, gentle dog and I look forward to getting to know him.
anne

Post by anne »

So sad of the position Blue's owner has found himself. Blue is such a friendly, lovely dog it must be so hard to lose him. icon_e_sad.gif
I went to meet Blue today and take him out for a walk. Blue is a plodder, taking life at a steady pace. He is indeed a very affectionate boy who loves people and seems very laid back around other dogs too. We had a lovely walk and then Shanae came to help with his photoshoot. He was more interested in having a sniff around or a cuddle than posing for the camera but he is nether the less very photogenic. His lovely, goofy character really shone through.
blue8DSCF4236a.jpg
blue9DSCF4245.jpg
blue10DSCF4248.jpg
blue11DSCF4256.jpg
blue12DSCF4258.jpg
coffeepot12

Post by coffeepot12 »

Blue has come to stay with us for a bit and he really is a gentle giant. Despite his size he is a real softie and so good with new people and children. He likes to nuzzle his head in to your lap and if you stop stroking him he gently places his paw on your arm.

He likes to have a good explore and sniff round before settling down and lying in the sun. The only time we have seen him really animated is when someone gets on the trampoline 🤔 not sure if it is the noise or seeing people bounce up and down but he charges out of the house and puts his front paws on the trampoline and barks 🤣

Blue walks well on the lead and has been fine with other dogs and people with a lovely temperament.

Blue is a real delight and will make lovely company for a family and is such a handsome chap, please consider giving him his forever home 🥰

AECDA722-7A5D-4B37-8D8F-05119BFDF6C0.jpeg
paul.buckle

Post by paul.buckle »

That's a lovely photo! 😊
coffeepot12

Post by coffeepot12 »

Very very reluctantly we took Blue back to kennels today after a week with us. He really is the most gentle giant and has been a big hit with everyone.

Blue loves people, his favourite place is lying on the sofa across people or sitting in front of a chair having his ears rubbed. It doesn’t take long for him to nod off and he is quite the snorer much to everyone’s amusement.
C562B5A9-569D-40CB-91E8-2FB26857C5A9.jpeg

He is a bit of a sun seeker and likes to stretch out in the garden but by far his favourite thing is water and more specifically the sprinkler. Once you turn it on he goes mad, jumping in and out drinking the water, chasing it round and going back and forth. It really is quite the show and wonderful to see him so animated.

D612DFF1-1D50-4698-AFAF-07546AD42845.jpeg

15150F1C-0A10-4FC2-B339-693588BA8B8E.jpeg

He is gentle with people and just wants attention, quite often he will just place his paw on your leg or lap when he wants a cuddle and is happy to sit wherever someone is.

D7FA6B07-DE38-46FE-B7C1-4EA090711440.jpeg

He is house trained and walks well on the lead. He is not one for a very long walk as he can get tired but he does enjoy the opportunity to have a sniff round and mark his territory.

We left him on his own for a couple of hours no problem, he went to sleep on the sofa. He doesn’t get excited by knocks on the door or other dogs he is just all round chilled out and wonderful company. We really hope it won’t be long till he finds his forever home, the family will be very lucky indeed 🥰
anne

Post by anne »

Blue is one cool dude. He welcomed me excitedly into his kennel with a little dance, cuddles and slobbery kisses. I was not expecting quite such an enthusiastic welcome and when he put his paws up on my chest, he nearly knocked me over! He was so good on the lead, trotting along at a fair pace but never pulling on the lead. After a walk around the woods we sat and watched the comings and goings for a while. When I opened my treat bag, Blue's attention was studiously on me, and when I was a bit slow offering the treat, he put his paw up on my knee, politely asking me to hurry up! 0002.gif] He took his treats soooo gently. love4.gif
blue1DSCF4371.jpg
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

what a real sweetie blue is - very easy to get out and so v well behaved on our walk accompanied by just a little bit smaller eddie -he really is an easy walk for such a large lad and takes treats so v gently we look forward to walking this star dog again v soon
IMG_5097.JPG
IMG_5108.JPG
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

Blue was excited to leave his kennel this morning and was happy to plod down the road for a short walk. On our way back, we stopped in the paddock and he had a blast! He loved splashing about in the paddling pool and drinking from the tap. He then came over for cuddles and gently put his paw on my wrist – such a gentleman!
IMG_20210915_172347s.jpg

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Return to “Our Amazing Americian Bulldogs (Ambulldogrescue.co.uk)”