Toby (Cody) Staffie x AmBull DofB 03.04.18 Kingswinford W.Mids

Dogs that have found their forever home
StephenB

Re: Cody Staffie x AmBull DofB 03.04.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by StephenB »

Cody had 30 mins in the yard with me after geoff had already taken him out. Our first real meeting and he is a lovely boy. Great temperament, lovely markings, in good shape, very handsome and likes people. Didnt even seem that bothered about the other dogs. He is still very apprehensive about the outside world having been cooped up for much of his life. But what a long way he has come already. Not long ago shut down in the corner of his kennel and now happily mooching round the yard meeting his friends. Teach you a lot do dogs!

StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Heart fill with love.gif]
Made sure I got Cody on this Christmas Day. Lovely friendly boy. I let him go where he likes with no pressure to go any further than he's comfortable.
He's happy sniffing around the yard and meeting people and that in itself is good to see. Today however, Cody was very interested in seeing Buddy GSD disappear into the small woods. After 10 mins or so he edged his way alongside the edge of the woods; after which he picked up a scent and off we went. We were 50 yards into the trail before he realised that he was in the woods and then wanted to come back to the safety of the yard.
Cody is finding his mojo and will be a superstar.
bravo1.gif
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

:smiley-bounce016.gi:
Cody is such a lovely dog and has begun to show his true colours. After seeing him terrified and shut down sat in the corner of his kennel, it brings sunshine to the heart to now see him out and about making friends and metting people.

He is generally quite happy to hang about the yard and greet all comers; dogs included. We thought following Tommy and Geoff might entice him off of the grounds but he turned back before the gate. He's doing really well though and is happy floating around out front doing the meeting and greeting.

Cody is so affectionate and considering his start to life - remarkably outgoing now he's been given the chance. Here he is meeting Tommy. Both were inquisitive and well mannered.
20201227_115650.jpg
20201227_115652.jpg
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Cody is a magnet for passers by at the rescue. All are drawn to him as he meets and greets with genuine fervour. We spent 30 mins sniffing everything in the yard (3 times) before our boy Buddy appeared on the horizon. Cody was interested when seeing Buddy disappearing into the small woods the other day and dared to follow for some way. Again today, with some coaxing from Nat, Cody tentatively followed Buddy out of the gate.

Keeping a respectable distance Cody started to head up the lane before a passing van spooked him and he wanted to return to the safety of the grounds. As we reached the bridge Jasper and paige appeared. Cody was most curious to follow so with ears and tail high to the wind we did just that. We got half way down the lane before he wanted to head back. A very productive day for Cody. He will be a very fine dog for someone.

geoffcase

Post by geoffcase »

Cody was his normal excited self when I went into the kennel to take him for a walk. We rushed off to the car park and then stopped. Luckily he befriended Jan, and followed her around the estate, so we had the start of a decent walk. We continued walking after Jan left, but did not leave the area of the kennels. Cody is a really loving boy who is very gentle - he just needs a little more confidence.
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I love Cody. I always get a great welcome in his kennel and we have some cuddles before we head out. He loves to mooch around outside of the kennels, in the car park enjoying the comings and goings.

The other Saturday Ros coaxed him for a walk around the grounds by offering treats along the way! After a while, he enjoyed sniffing along with no treats needed.

He has so much to learn about how fun the world can be and he is getting more confidence each time!

Coaxing him along

Relaxed and walking
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

It is easy to forget how far Cody has come since he joined us. His whole world before he came to RR was a kitchen and he was terrified of leaving his kennel. Videos of the wonderful staff here, coaxing this bewildered and very anxious boy out of his kennel are just heartwarming to watch. Cody now greets his walkers with love, joy and enthusiasm and happily leaves his kennel with them. He doesn't always want to leave the kennel grounds (although on Tuesday he did cross the bridge and actually step into the lane with Geoff before he wanted to go back). Following my voice, and the piece of sausage in my hand, Cody walked a little way through the woods, but then wanted to go back to the car park, which he really rather likes, as he can see all the comings and goings. Geoff persuaded him over to the chairs, and they sat and watched the world go by for a bit. Cody is learning about the world around him, and it is important he does it at his pace. He is a very beautiful boy, he is big, and gentle, and affectionate.
107319AE-91B3-4AF7-BD10-0EB76FC5CF60.jpeg
7DAB35A6-AC46-4155-A9B2-CCE075E6F4A3.jpeg
D49B236F-3C07-4F07-B51E-5C82BBCB60E6.jpeg
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

He’s doing so so well , bless him. Well done everyone for all the work and love you’re giving this beautiful boy
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Love, love, love those pics of Cody with his favourite walker Geoff Kiss of love.gif
Really shows how far this darling boy has come thumbs.gif
SarahW

Re: Cody Staffie x AmBull DofB 03.04.18 Horley sleepover

Post by SarahW »

Cody has come home with me after walking today for a sleepover.

He was very excited in the car. I was sitting with him in the back seat whilst Andy drove. He had only met Andy 5 mins before but a mix of sausages and cheese and they were best friends.

He has been venturing out into the garden with the lure of some chicken. He even ventured out for a very short walk after dinner. I get the sense this may have been part of his routine in his previous home. It was a case of doing his business very quickly and then he wanted to head straight back home.

He is a bit bouncy at times but very good natured with it. He is so bright, figuring out how to get treats out of the kong in no time, that I am sure he could be trained easily.

All I want from this sleepover is for him to relax a bit away from the kennels and he seems to be doing that and showing off some of his other skills too. Good boy Cody!

Cody when he first arrived

Cody relaxing this afternoon

Cody this evening

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”