Maze Collie x DofB 02.08.11 Surbiton

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Maze Collie x DofB 02.08.11 Surbiton

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
maze1DSCF4790a.jpg
Maze's Story: Maze was on deathrow and was made safe by another Rescue. He needs a special home as he is apparently dog reactive. Maze is your typical collie in that he loves a ball and something to obsess over. He loves people and greets everyone he meets with affection. No Collie rescues would take him so Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Maze is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Maze was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
maze2DSCF4746.jpg
maze3DSCF4745.jpg
maze4DSCF4730.jpg
maze5DSCF4794.jpg
maze6DSCF4786a.jpg
maze7DSCF4768.jpg
Maze's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Maze is with another Rescue, they took him in and went to a fosterer but it has not worked out with fosterers as claim he is dog reactive sometimes and can redivert: Not witnessed within Rescue or us. The Rescue can't rehome more difficult dogs so we needs your help. I tried various Collie rescues but no takers. Vx

Maze came into our Rescue 10th October 2021
Maze.jpg
anne

Re: Maze Collie x DofB 02.08.11 RRemedies Centre

Post by anne »

Maze was very nervous with Shanae and I initially, but when we gave him some fuss and attention he was super friendly and leaned in for cuddles. During the time we spent with him, Maze observed several other dogs from a distance and he was focused on watching them but we did not get close and he showed no worries with plenty of space. We did not encounter any dogs closer up so we did not see what reaction this might trigger. He is very alert and busy on the lead but when we took him to the paddock and produced a tennis ball, in typical collie fashion, his nerves were forgotten and he came alive.
maze8DSCF4735.jpg
maze9DSCF4738.jpg
maze10DSCF4791.jpg
maze11DSCF4803.jpg
maze12DSCF4739.jpg
maze13DSCF4764.jpg
maze14DSCF4800.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Maze is a lovely boy, he is so pleased to see me and excited and keen to get out and about. He is busy on the lead but being a collie this is expected and he is making the most of every second of his 'out' time. Yesterday he enjoyed exploring in the long grass, sniffing around the woods and some ball play in the paddock. We met several other dogs while we were walking and I gave Maze plenty of space to let them pass without getting close and he was OK with that, although I could see some anxiety from him.
It is fun and enjoyable to spend time with Maze.
maze1DSCF5037.jpg
maze2DSCF5041.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

I caught up with Maze and Diana in the paddock today. They were enjoying 2 of Maze's favourite activities- playing with a ball and cuddles. Maze is very entertaining with a tennis ball, he will run and fetch it but he often likes to throw it in the air on his return and make his own game. Being a collie, he is super smart and clever, but he is also very friendly and cuddly. He is wary of other dogs but this is manageable and in all other respects he is a delight.
maze1DSCF5861.jpg
maze2DSCF5867a.jpg
maze3DSCF5875.jpg
maze4DSCF5879.jpg
maze5DSCF5881.jpg
maze6DSCF5889.jpg
maze7DSCF5893.jpg
maze8DSCF5896.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

I had the pleasure of Maze's company today. He welcomed me into his kennel with cuddles. Although he was excited to be going out he was happy to wait while I adjusted his harness. Then we were off and there is only one place to go first and that is the paddock. Maze loves to play with a tennis ball and so that is what we did. Having used up some energy we headed off for a walk. Maze was really busy on the lead, checking out all the smells but with long leads, he had room to scoot around and was much easier to manage than I had anticipated. He is very responsive which helps. Maze is a delight and would be a very loyal companion.
maze1DSCF6363.jpg
maze2DSCF6366.jpg
maze3DSCF6367.jpg
Narmin_92

Re: Maze Collie x DofB 02.08.11 Temp Foster Morden

Post by Narmin_92 »

I've taken Maze for few days, and day 1, so far he has been soo good. He was very good travelling, had a bark at a dog when we were stuck in traffic but it wasn't anything major. He does have lethal farts, so if you have your window shut...well you know the rest roflmao.gif. Maze is very energetic, so we took him for a walk once I got back from the kennels and then he had a shower. He wasn't fond of me after having a wash but forgave very quickly lol.gif.

Here is a picture of him on his first night.

Getting  pets
Getting pets
Narmin_92

Post by Narmin_92 »

Day 2 with Maze, he has been soo good, no accidents at home at all. He has been walked 3 times a day, so pretty much waits to go when he is out.

Maze loves playing tennis balls and toys, he is not phased by treats but does love cheese!! I have few videos of him playing but not sure how to upload those, so there are few pics there. He is so energetic but does stop for a snooze. And also not possessive over his toys or food at all.

He such a sweet dog, loves a cuddle and pets. As soon as you sit down, Maze is there to get some cuddles.

During his walks, Maze can be reactive to other dogs, however, we haven't had too many issues. Unfortunately all the parks around us seem to have off lead dogs, so we decided to walk him on the side roads which wasn't too bad and if we saw a dog coming up, we just crossed the road. I am sure this is something that he can get training for which will make it easier to walk him.

Honestly, I love having him around and can't imagine why he is still in the kennels. Kiss of love.gif

Screenshot_20220102-212804_Gallery_11zon.jpg

20220103_145127_11zon.jpg

20220103_114748_11zon.jpg

20220102_202334_11zon.jpg

20220103_114432_11zon.jpg
Narmin_92

Post by Narmin_92 »

Thanks Sarah, we love having him around.

Day 3 and going on day 4, Maze is still a good a boy, he listens and is patient with food and toys. He doesn't jump on the furniture which is great and only jumps on the sofa if he is invited in. We have also been teaching him to sleep downstairs and not take over our bed, and he has learned very quickly. He had an accident on the kitchen floor on his first night sleeping on his own but that was just nerves. It was easily cleaned up so no issue there and he didn't have anymore accidents the rest of the night or on his 2nd night (sleeping on his own).

When out walking, Maze does pull and walks in zig zags lol.gif but that's only because he is excited. We are still keeping him away from people and dogs, so he doesn't react and just enjoys his walks. He is soo full of energy, after his walks, he grabs his toys and brings them over to play. Once he is done, he goes for a little snooze. His farts have also gotten better lol not as lethal so complaints there (or I might have just gotten used to them lol). He does snore, and sometimes I feel like Maze and Paul have a snoring competition lol it does get quite loud.

Maze is mostly fine when I'm cleaning the house, although he is petrified of the hoover and runs it to rescue you from the scary monster when it's turned on roflmao.gif. He is also a bit concerned about automatic sensor bin, and why it keeps opening when he comes close to it lol.

Overall, Maze has been lovely to have around, he is such a gentle and a very sweet boy. Here is a few pics of him having fun.

20220103_145411_11zon (1).jpg

20220104_212017_11zon.jpg

20220104_185045_11zon.jpg

20220104_153519_11zon.jpg

20220105_103929_11zon.jpg

20220105_103806_11zon.jpg
Last edited by Narmin_92 on Fri 07 Jan 2022 19:00, edited 1 time in total.
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

0077.gif Lovely to see Maze having a mini break , I have seen him being walked at the kennels and he’s a good looking boy .

Let’s hope he find an understating home very soon as he looks like the perfect gent around the house .
Narmin_92

Post by Narmin_92 »

Thanks Chrissy, honestly he is so good in the house.

Day 4 and day 5 have been good with Maze, he loves the attention he is getting and always comes over for cuddles. He does follow you around the house lol so if you get up to go the loo, he will wait outside lol.gif (he would come in if he could 🤣).

Maze does love his naps, has few naps through the day. After a walk, he would normally come in and play with his toys and then fall asleep lol. I have given him a tennis ball to play with me, and he can be non stop with that lol but does keep him busy.

Maze has had accidents in the house but nothing has been done deliberately, it was easy to clean up and likely the impact of the food type (change from the kennel to what we are giving him). However, he has been so good sleeping downstairs which is something that he has learned very quickly, so house training him won't take too long.

I will definitely miss him and his big eyes once goes back in to the kennels.

IMG-20220105-WA0000_11zon.jpeg

IMG-20220104-WA0001.jpg

20220106_144533_11zon.jpg

20220106_104113_11zon.jpg

20220106_100620_11zon.jpg

20220106_091948_11zon.jpg

20220105_211338_11zon.jpg

20220105_201259_11zon.jpg

IMG-20220105-WA0003.jpg
Last edited by Narmin_92 on Fri 07 Jan 2022 15:24, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”