Barney Shar Pei x Frenchie DofB 30.04.18 Temp foster New Malden

xxlynne

Barney Shar Pei x Frenchie DofB 30.04.18 Temp foster New Malden

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
barney3DSCF3780b.jpg
Barney's Story: Barney grew up n a very caring family. He however isn't a dog that like over handling like claw clipping, picking up or attempts to get an item away from him that is precious. His new owners will need to respect his space and allow him to dictate his terms especially whilst his new owners are getting the measure of him. Very soft gentle vibe. Good around other dogs but probably needs to be an only dog and not around children. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Barney is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Barney is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
barney2DSCF3734.jpg
barney3DSCF3735.jpg
barney4DSCF3740.jpg
barney5DSCF3742.jpg
barney6DSCF3750.jpg
Barney's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Barney's family could no longer retain him as they were looking for dog where they could be more involved and of ease of management.

Barney came into our Rescue on the 5th of August 2021
heleny

Re: Barney Shar Pei x Frenchie DofB 30.04.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

Barney is such a sweet dog and seems to be settling really well. I look forward to giving him more treats through his pen and maybe walking him.
anne

Post by anne »

Barney came in very nervous and worried. His little face was wrinkled with concern. However with a gentle, friendly approach, he is happy to make friends and loves going out for his walks. He is a quiet, gentle soul who just needs people to respect his space and understand his communication.
I have had 3 lovely walks with Barney, the first with Jude, when we took some photos and walked down the road and back and then 2 longer walks. Barney walks well on the lead, often preferring to walk right by your side for a little reassurance. He looks up and connects really well and when I took him back to his kennel yesterday, we shared some cuddles and I discovered that Barney loves a back scratch and will back himself into you to get comfortable and enjoy your attention.
From our first walk with Jude..........
barney7DSCF3747.jpg
barney8DSCF3752.jpg
barney9DSCF3755.jpg
barney10DSCF3729.jpg

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

and on my second walk where he looks much happier and more relaxed........
barney1DSCF3779a.jpg
barney2DSCF3780a.jpg
Eggyem

Post by Eggyem »

What a difference a week makes!!! Which is always credit to the amazing staff. We saw Barney last week and he was at the back of his kennel and wouldn't engage. I was really keen to get to meet him and lucky enough to walk him today. Mark and I took some time outside his kennel to befriend him, a few sausages later Ians he allowed me in and this seemed to signal to him it was time for a walk so I was able to pick up his lead and he was keen to go. He mooched around for a bit and we went to the paddock and he was happy to accept gentle strokes and affection. We then went for a walk and he really perked up, his little tail wagged and he got a spring in his step and went from moocher to trotter. This boy just need patient and time to trust but we certainly fell in love today and can't wait to spend more time with him Kiss of love.gif
anne

Re: Barney Shar pei x Frenchie DofB 30.04.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Barney's character is beginning to emerge as he builds trust and friendships. He is nervous at the moment but a gentle approach, slow movements and touching on his terms, lets him relax and see you as a friend. I got an excited wiggle and a waggy tail before I had even entered his kennel yesterday.
He loves his walks and yesterday he had me laughing when he found a suitable smelly patch in the grass which he needed to roll in. He was fully focused on his task and when he had finished he had a little glint of satisfaction in his eyes.
barney1DSCF3821.jpg
barney2DSCF3825.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Lovely Barney was making new friends today thumbs.gif Helen wanted to meet him and she had sausages thumbs.gif
barneyDSCF3989.jpg
KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

Today was my 2nd walk with Barney. Taking it slowly and with the distraction of some chicken, I clipped one end of the lead to his harness with no problems and once outside his kennel, he was fine with me clipping onto his collar.
We decided to try to walk with Ollie and both dogs were accepting of eachother and pottered along well until Ollie decided he wasn't in the mood to walk any further, so Barney and I continued on. He walks gently with loose leads, interested in his surrounding and all the smells. As advised, I gave him reassurance along the way but he already seems to be gaining confidence.
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

I had the pleasure to walk Barney for the first time today. I entered his kennel very slowly, to give him the space he needed and he decided we were friends straight away and put his little paws gently on my knees. I clipped his lead and off we went. He said hello to Chris and then we went into the woods, followed by Anne with Jack. Both dogs behaved impeccably and Barney plodded along nicely and with loose leads. Jack decided he had walked enough and left the pack. Soon after, Barney let me know that he wanted to go back too and so we did. He even knew the way back to the kennels! - which is great, as I always get lost!
We had a short run around in the paddock. Barney wasn't interested in playing fetch, but enjoyed running around and exploring his surroundings.
Back in his kennel, he had the treat he did not have earlier. I gave him one more and he took it very gently from my hand (for the first time!).

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
anne

Post by anne »

Barney is a gentle little charmer. I think he just likes a quiet life with no stress but lots of cuddles and walks. Once he knows you he loves contact, gentle strokes and belly rubs. He plods along quite slowly on his walks, stopping to check out the smells and check in with his walker. love4.gif
barney1DSCF4339.jpg
barney2DSCF4340.jpg
barney3DSCF4342.jpg
Barney is looking for a quiet home with a cosy bed, lovely walks and snuggles with his human(s) and a garden to potter in would be nice. x
KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

Barney was a lot more relaxed today and seems to be coming out of his shell.
On his walk he took his time, mooching and sniffing but enjoyed his walk. Not too far today due to the heat so back to the paddock for some gentle fuss and back scratches in the shade. He also enjoyed a few rolls in the grass!
Lovely boy who I think would benefit from a quieter home that allow him to go at his own pace

Return to “Our Outstanding Rescue Remedies dogs (Rescueremedies.co.uk)”