Bruno Shar Pei x Staffie DofB 20.02.20 Felbridge

Dogs that have found their forever home
Sarahk

Re: Bruno Shar Pei x Staffie DofB 20.02.20 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Such a sweetheart is Bruno love4.gif

Bruno enjoyed his walk with new walker Imogen on Friday. I was walking Cody and both boys took confidence from each other and had a lovely walk through the woods and over the common thumbs.gif
Cody waiting for Bruno to catch us up :0)
Cody waiting for Bruno to catch us up :0)
Walkies with Imogen :0)
Walkies with Imogen :0)
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
IanandNicky

Post by IanandNicky »

Walked our favourite Bruno Sp again. As usual he started off very excited and bouncy but soon settled down for his walk. The paths were very muddy so we started out along the road, he doesn't seem to be bothered by the traffic. He had his usual dip in the river before we went back to the paddock for a game of tug and lots of cuddles then we all sat on the swing seat.
20210705_142640_resized.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

bruno1DSCF3152.jpg
bruno2DSCF3154.jpg
bruno3DSCF3158a.jpg
bruno4DSCF3163.jpg
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

My first walk with Bruno today and we picked a hot, hot, hot one! First off we went to the paddock and he understands one half of fetch; he chases the ball till it stops then gets bored and wanders off. He loved me running around with him though and later on when we were outside we went for a little jog. Only for a few hundred metres but he was great. He went at the pace I set and kept looking back smiling away as only Staffies can. It was brilliant.
After the paddock (and you can see in the video what a good job the previous owners have done on his training) we went for a walk but once away from the centre he sat down and wouldn’t walk any further. All my usual tricks didn’t work so we settled for walking up and down the very long driveway for twenty minutes; with it being so hot it wasn’t a bad thing that he wanted to stay local. Whenever we did stop though he was keen to get his back scratched and being so young he can quickly get excited so I slowed down my stroking and didn’t let him get out of hand. Another cracking dog that won’t be at the centre for long :crossfingers.gif:
IanandNicky

Post by IanandNicky »

We took Bruno out for the day on Friday. He was, naturally, nervous about getting in a new car but was persuaded with a few treats. It's only a few miles to our house so he was fine travelling. We went for a walk through the woods behind our house first. We thought he might be nervous somewhere he didn't know but he was very interested in investigating a new area with a glance to us behind every now and again for reassurance.
20210716_111719_resized.jpg
20210716_160601_resized.jpg
20210716_154719_resized.jpg
Back at the house he went straight in and went in every room investigating and having a good roll! He loved being out in the garden where we had a short game of tug. We were very aware how hot it was so tried to keep him calm and in the shade, which wasn't easy! After a little bit of sunbathing he then had a rest in the shade. He's such a lovely, friendly, happy dog but, being young, can just get excited and a bit mouthy sometimes.
20210716_115650_resized.jpg
20210716_123526_resized.jpg
IanandNicky

Post by IanandNicky »

We took Bruno Sp home for the day again on Wednesday. He did not want to get in the back of the car so Nicky sat in the back seat with him and he was fine for the short trip taking a keen interest in what was happening out if the windows. He loves being out in the garden and having a good look around in the house. He's still very lively and was just settling down when it was time to take him back to kennels. This time he jumped straight into the back of the car.
IanandNicky

Post by IanandNicky »

We collected young Bruno on Friday for a day out. Unlike last time he jumped straight into the back of the car but was a bit nervous at the start of the short journey home. We took him for a long walk in the woods and fields behind our house straight away and he loved all the new scents and tracks. Back in the garden we played his favourite game of tug until the rain started then retired to the house. He had his usual rush around the house investigating everything and a game with the wobbley Kong then we tried to sit quietly with him which isn't easy with the lively Bruno. Eventually he decided he needed a nap and settled down by himself on the sofa for a few quiet moments which was the first time he's really relaxed at home.
IMG-20210730-WA0000.jpg
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

That’s lovely to see. My second walk with Bruno today and I managed (with sausage) to get him past the end of the driveway and we ran for four or five hundred metres together and he seemed to love it. He got interested by another dog walking past but preferred to sit for sausage. I find that if your praise or stroking is too high energy he picks up on it and jumps and wants to smother you with kisses so I heard of a new technique which I tried and he excelled at. At times where I needed his attention, like crossing roads, I got some sausage out. Previously he would come straight for it and if you take it away he tried to follow it, jumping up to get at it. So instead I got him to sit (very easy) and then held a hand out with “wait” and I placed the sausage on the floor away from him. Bruno patiently waited until I said “ok” and then dived in for his treat. Such a good boy.
Then the mother of all tests for nervous dogs, we met three horses coming towards us on a narrow track. We turned around to the next cross roads and saw a man with two dogs so we went right and there was a cat! This was sensory overload for poor Bruno. He strained on his lead to run away and when finally all was clear he dragged me for ten minutes till he calmed down enough for a drink and some sausage. I sat with him for a few minutes when we got back and he seemed over it.
Yet another dog I would gladly take home if I could.
heleny

Post by heleny »

So lovey to see Bruno in the reserved section of the forum. I was there the day he was brought into kennels and felt so sad for him but now am overjoyed that,after all the love and care he has received at RR, he could well be on his way to his forever home. Heart fill with love.gif]
xxlynne

Re: Bruno Shar Pei x Staffie DofB 20.02.20 Felbridge

Post by xxlynne »

Bruno has been loved by Ian and Nicky since the day he arrived. He has grown in confidence partly due to their care. Today they have taken him home for GOOD! Apparently when Bruno came out the kennel and saw them the kennel staff said he knew!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”