Bruno Shar Pei x Staffie DofB 20.02.20 Felbridge

Dogs that have found their forever home
Sarahk

Re: Bruno Shar Pei x Staffie DofB 20.02.20 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Oh my goodness what a gem love4.gif

Bruno helped me with a taster walk yesterday for potential new walkers and he was the star of the show - I hadn’t met him before and he melted my heart in an instant love4.gif

Said hello calmly and then we were on our way, Bruno walked beautifully and showed of his grass rolling skills as Anne says above ! We tried out the stream, Bruno wasn’t sure but took a sip and dipped his front paws in !
32372E95-5D54-41B6-B7E2-73E059D5C369.jpeg
Safe to say Bruno is going to be a very popular boy with the walkers and hopefully his stay will be a short one, he’s gorgeous xxx
And with eyes like those he wraps you round his little paws very quickly !!!
And with eyes like those he wraps you round his little paws very quickly !!!
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
renatatlek

Post by renatatlek »

Bruno is such a lovely dog. He was very keen to get out and do his business, then loved rolling in the grass and on the road. He is very easy on the walk, every now and then stopping for reassurance. Listens so well, loves treats! I think Bruno is going to find his home very quickly :-)
Renata&Norbert
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I walked Bruno today never having met him before. He was very friendly and was keen to get out. He is very strong but settles to walk by my side. After 15 minutes he became quite anxious and told me he wanted to go back, by jumping up and hugging me, then pulling strongly towards home. I let him go where he wanted today, as he is quite nervous, maybe I will try him walking with other dogs next time. He is very attentive and looks at you when you talk to him, so will be a pleasure to train I'm sure. Very intelligent, sensitive, affectionate boy.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Lutey

Post by Lutey »

I will be really keen to see how he gets on with other dogs. Our boy, Lutey (RR Cheeky) is keen to have a play mate.
VeganLaura

Post by VeganLaura »

I met this gorgeous boy for the first time on Friday. He was a little unsure to begin with due to not knowing me, but with a calm and gentle approach he soon became more relaxed once we got walking :)
IMG_20Jun2021at122725pm.jpg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

As planned, I walked Bruno with a group of Terriers today, and he was a much more confident dog. He was also fine with passing traffic, including bikes whizzing past. He seems dog friendly too, I think he just wants to play. Bruno does a little jump for joy and a skip every now and then like he wants to run and play, bless him, such a puppy. I will mention again, that Bruno is a very bright boy, very focused on his walker, and looks to you for instruction and reassurance. On returning to his kennel, I found out the hard way that Bruno is very guardy over his food bowl, so this will need to be noted by new owners, who should be aware. Otherwise, I have found Bruno to be very nice natured.
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

bruno out with teresa today
IMG_4204.JPG
IMG_4210.JPG
IanandNicky

Post by IanandNicky »

Heart fill with love.gif] We walked Bruno yesterday and today. He wasn't at all put off by the rain and just has so much energy and bounce. He just wants to run around and play. He looks towards other dogs with a wagging tail and seems to be looking for playmates. In the paddock he just loves to run around and play. He will chase a ball but doesn't know what to do when he gets to it! He loves a game of tug but you have to watch your hands.
He's really just a big puppy who would love a home where he can run and play.
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I walked Bruno with a crowd of Terriers today and he seems to like being right in the middle of them and really enjoys their company. Bruno can still be a bit nervy and jumpy, then bouncy and playful the next. On the whole, he walks very nicely, although he is a very strong dog, he doesn't throw his weight around. He has also been taught some commands and will sit and lay down when asked (very quickly). He is also very obsessed with food and treats and can become a bit too focused on them, when they are around, so I have found its best not to keep rewarding him with treats as he will then jump up at you to find more. So I left the treats till the end of the walk and found him more settled doing this. The only time he played up for me today, and became a bit of a handful, was when he saw kennel staff walking nearby us carrying bowls of food for a kennel block. He had just eaten so again, very focused on his grub! Bruno will delight an experienced person who enjoys training, he is so bright and responsive.
VeganLaura

Post by VeganLaura »

Bruno and I joined Benny (Greyhound) and Helen for a nice long walk on Thursday. Benny and Bruno are neighbours and sometimes Bruno likes to bark at Benny, so it was an opportunity for them to bond enjoying a walk together away from the busy kennel environment.

Bruno's confidence has definitely grown since the last time I walked him, however we did notice that he seemed a little worried by strangers who were approaching us, because he stopped in his tracks and didn't want to carry on walking until they had passed by. The people were wearing largish dark hats so this may have been what had caused him to feel a little unsure. He was happy to continue walking once I'd thrown down a few little biscuits in front of him :)
A10748A7-707D-4809-82D2-D22C3B0D73B1_1_201_a_opt.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”