Bruno Shar Pei x Staffie DofB 20.02.20 Felbridge

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Bruno Shar Pei x Staffie DofB 20.02.20 Felbridge

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
bruno1DSCF2437a.jpg
Bruno's Story: Bruno grew up with very young children but was rehomed at 7 months as too boisterous. Has done well living with a single man but again weekend visits from 10 year old son were challenging for a first dog owner. Bruno has nipped 2x but didnt actually bite, but owner nerves surrendered Bruno. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place. Bruno is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Bruno is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
bruno2DSCF2436.jpg
bruno3DSCF2439a.jpg
bruno4DSCF2442a.jpg
bruno5DSCF2451a.jpg
Bruno's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Telephone call from his owner asking if we would consider taking Bruno on and finding a dog centred home for him as he has now been with 2 first dog owner families and needs a dog centred family to accept and allow him to express his young energy

Bruno came into our Rescue on the 1st June 2021
coffeepot12

Re: Bruno Shar Pei x Staffie DofB 20.02.20 Gatwick Kenns

Post by coffeepot12 »

Looking forward to meeting your Bruno, Can’t resist a sharpei love4.gif
anne

Post by anne »

Jude and I enjoyed meeting Bruno yesterday. He is a little nervous but that is understandable as he has moved around and needs time to settle into his new surroundings. He was happy to make friends and head out for a walk. First things first and Bruno found a spot to do his toileting. Feeling more comfortable he then enjoyed exploring with Jude.
You can see Shar Pei in his head and tail, small ears, wrinkly brow and slim tail. His body shape is more large staffie. Anyway the total is a wonderful package, a truly delightful, friendly, fun character, surprisingly calm and gentle for such a young lad. He listens very well and is really responsive and wanting to please. love4.gif
bruno6DSCF2427.jpg
bruno7DSCF2428a.jpg
bruno8DSCF2440a.jpg
bruno9DSCF2447a.jpg
bruno10DSCF2452a.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

bruno11DSCF2453a.jpg
bruno12DSCF2454a.jpg
bruno13DSCF2456a.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Bruno is an absolute delight, beautiful inside and out love4.gif
I had spied this beautiful boy earlier on in the day yesterday, I was walking one of his neighbors and noticed that he was looking super shy so was determined to make friends with him by the end of the day. It actually didn't take that long, some kind, gentle words and a few sausages Bruno found his way to the front of the kennel, still slightly nervous but with the start of a smile and a waggy tail, lovely love4.gif
No problem entering his kennel, a little sniff, leads attached and off we set.
I'm going to say that Bruno is definitely clean in his kennel, he did quite possibly the longest wee I have ever seen, that out of the way then Bruno really relaxed thumbs.gif
For a young dog Bruno is a little unsure and worried BUT when he's comfortable and happy oh that beautiful smile comes out, that tail goes and he will jump up for reassuring cuddles, massive big beautiful smile and oh I dont think I mentioned Bruno is absolutely beautiful, Shar Pei x Staffie my 2 most favourite breeds Kiss of love.gif
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

We have all been scratching our heads trying to remember who Bruno reminds us of for me its Belle (Beryl) who was Sandy's partner. We later found out she was a Staffie x Shar pei

Belle Staffie x Shar pei

Beryl (1).jpg
IanandNicky

Post by IanandNicky »

We walked Bruno for the first time today after Anne had introduced us. He came out of his kennel easily on his lead but was unsure at first and nervous of having his second lead attached by somebody he didn't know. After we got walking into the woods he got more confident with us and walked well. He enjoyed a very happy roll and tummy rub on the common on the way back in. Back in the paddock when he had got to know us he showed his friendly nature and we got several kisses. He is definitely on our walking list now.
20FB24C1-DCA8-46E2-BB22-A2DC6790388F.jpeg
Bruno S resized.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Wonderful, that last photo of Bruno making friends is just lovely Kiss of love.gif
IanandNicky

Post by IanandNicky »

This was our second walk with Bruno on Tuesday and he was more confident with us and keen to get going. We set off at a good pace although he does not pull, just walks quickly. At the river he had a drink but jumped back a couple of times as if something had frightened him so still a bit nervous. After the walk in the paddock he was very keen on strokes and cuddles and ended up sitting on me, he thinks he's a lap dog! He is such a friendly boy and gives lots of kisses.
Bruno S 2 resized.jpg
Bruno S 3 resized.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Lovely walk with this wonderful boy yesterday. Once we reached the long grass, Bruno threw himself in rolling, again and again and again. He was enjoying himself so much. He is an absolute delight.
bruno1DSCF2523.jpg
bruno2DSCF2524.jpg
bruno3DSCF2525.jpg
bruno4DSCF2527a.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”