Tye Ambull DofB 2010 Dormansland

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Tye Ambull DofB 2010 Dormansland

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
tye1DSCF2083a.jpg
Tye's Story: Tye came to us as an emergency as he had been booked into be put to sleep. We know he was owned by an owner for 8 years and for whatever reason moved into another family for the last 2 months. He was walked by a lady and was at her home and sitting between her and her daughter. Tye suddenly turned and caught the girl's face, not viciously done. No treatment required but new owner didn't want him back so he was booked in to be put to sleep. He is a nervous boy as he is out of his depth with changes. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Tye is now neutered, chipped, and Fully vaccinated. Tye was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum Adoption Donation is £250 (£400 for pup under 1 yr old). This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
tye2DSCF2081.jpg
tye3DSCF2085.jpg
tye4DSCF2077.jpg
tye12DSCF2082.jpg
Tye's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We were called and asked if we could save a dog and receive the same evening. We said yes and then was told he was been kept for the weekend and a would be driven down on the Monday

Tye arrived in with us 26th April 21
SarahW

Re: Tye Ambull DofB 2020 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW »

I sat at the end of Tye's kennel on Saturday. He gave me a few barks but it got the feel it was more nerves than anything. He kept hiding away but then his curiosity and interest in treats got the better of him and he came over. He got brave enough to feed treats out of my hand under his kennel door. When spooked he would retreat but slowly kept coming back. I signed of by giving him some sqeezy cheese which he very much enjoyed!

I forgot to mention he is cute as a button too!
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
geoffcase

Post by geoffcase »

I met and walked Tye on Tuesday. What a lovely, gentle, but nervous and wary boy.
I was aware that he could possibly ‘ kennel guard’, so having shut his neighbours in I opened his door and out he came. Tye was eager to be outside sniffing the smells so off we went into the woods. However, he did not want to go too far from the rescue, so we wandered around the grounds and said hello to the staff. We went to the paddock where we had a run around and play with a tennis ball. No problems getting him to leave the ball. He allowed me to give him some cuddles, adjust his harness, and alter his collar. First impressions are he is a very gentle boy.
When he settles into his new environment I believe he will be a very friendly loving boy, and enjoy long walks.
He was very reluctant to go back to his kennel, but when one of the kennel staff came to encourage him he followed her back without any trouble. I’m looking forward to walking him again.
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

I'm so glad Tye has got to stretch his legs. I've been stopping by to make friends his he arrived but in his kennel he is a nervous boy and so it's good to hear this melts away once out. I think handsome Tye is going to have quite a fan club as he is a lovely boy love4.gif
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I had my first walk with Tye yesterday. He has been through a lot of change recently so I wanted to give him space on his walk so he can take it all in and go at his pace.

When I sat on the bench he jumped up next to me and had a sniff of my face then the treat bag (which he prefered). We had a little amble around the kennel grounds. He has sore paws and sciatica so I didn't give him strokes unless invited as I wanted him to feel comfortable around me.

He is a lovely boy and once a bit more settled I think he will be a real charmer (although he has already charmed me!).

geoffcase

Post by geoffcase »

I walked Tye again today. He seems much more settled and relaxed.
I opened the door (kneeling), and Tye came straight to me. He took a bit of cheese, and wanted to go for a walk.
I replaced the trailing lead with one of my own, left the kennels and clipped another lead on.
He wanted to go down the kennel block to the car park, which is what we did, and met Robbie about to go for a walk. Tye wanted to follow Robbie, so we did. We had a longish walk, via the stream where both dogs had a drink, and Tye behaved beautifully throughout. He seems totally NON-REACTIVE to other dogs - it was a pleasure to walk him.
This boy will make a great companion 😍😘
EB59B796-B8B3-43DA-ABC3-ACC4131C5D29.jpeg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Well Tye got his second walk with Robbie yesterday. These two seemed very relaxed in each other's company. Tye is still a bit aloof and I don't ever rush Am Bulls to be affectionate, always on their terms. I think they appreciate good social etiquette! However we did have a few cuddles and I did get a kiss through the bars when he was back in his kennel.

Here are some vids of his walk.

SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Better update to come but I wanted to post these vids from today. Tye in the paddock. Good boy!

anne

Post by anne »

I had the pleasure of Tye's company today. He came straight up to say hello when I went to greet him at his kennel door. He gently took a piece of cheese and then stood back to let me enter. I knelt down and Tye was keen to check me out, sniff the leads and take another couple of bits of cheese. He then sat politely while I clipped on leads and we headed out. Tye walked ahead of me, with a taut lead but not pulling. He likes to take his time having a sniff here and a sniff there. He is super responsive to anything asked of him, I was very impressed. He happily let me gently guide him around the woods, down the lane, along the main road and back through the woods. What a gentle, sweet boy. x
SarahW

Re: Tye Ambull DofB 2010 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW »

Tye enjoyed a walk yesterday but muddy paths were causing his back legs to slip about too much so we stuck mainly to concrete. I then took him to the paddock. He loves it! He loves fetch but two balls needed. It really do like Tye, he is a softy who actively likes other dogs.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”