Jupiter Dobie xCollie DofB 03.01.19 RRemedies Centre

Other breeds that are available for adoption
anne

Re: Jupiter Collie x DofB 03.01.19 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Jupiter is making great progress with his nerves. We have built a strong bond of trust and this means Jupiter is more relaxed and can calm himself much quicker if things are getting too much for him. thumbs.gif
Jupiter's favourite thing is to explore. I have long leads so he has the space to go off the path and investigate and sniff as and when he wants. I do sometimes end up in the hedgerow/trees with him though!
jupiter1DSCF2171.jpg
jupiter2DSCF2172.jpg
jupiter3DSCF2173.jpg
Karen25

Post by Karen25 »

Jupiter was eager to get out today. Happy to get his harness on and out. He did try and grab the leads so we went to the paddock first to let off some energy. He is so interested in everything which is natural for a young lad. A few zombies and trying to say hello to other dogs passing and he stood by the door to start his walk. Katie and I walked together today. He is so much calmer after the paddock. He walked perfectly when out. It was such a hot day we decided to take him to the stream. I think it may of been his first time as initially he gingerly stepped into the water. He then decided he loved it and laid down and tried crawling through the water. He then stuck his whole face under the water, blowing bubbles and decided to roll! He wasn’t as keen to get water in his ears 0002.gif] but he loves water. Once out he needed to roll and roll and roll. He makes a walk such a joy.
anne

Post by anne »

I enjoyed my time with Jupiter yesterday. First we went to the paddock. Jupiter spent his time sniffing, doing the occasional zoomie, lying down for a rest and coming to me for cuddles and attention. I was sitting on the steps and a couple of times he launched himself up on the top step, so above me, and put his paws on my shoulders. Daft, soppy boy!
We then enjoyed a very calm, quiet walk.
jupiter1DSCF2334.jpg
jupiter2DSCF2336.jpg
jupiter3DSCF2337a.jpg
jupiter4DSCF2340a.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Jupiter was outstanding today thumbs.gif I have been slowly, slowly getting to know this smart boy and every time I meet him he reveals a little bit more about himself and I'm pleased to report that every bit of him is just wonderful love4.gif
So today leaving the kennels was the calmest I've known Jupiter, I think he was more intent on getting out and having a wee 0002.gif] maybe he knew we were heading to the paddock, I think this may well be Jupiter's favourite place to be and the fact that his bestie Anne was joining us, well this boy was in heaven thumbs.gif
Anne had already mentioned that Jupiter was a treat in the paddock and oh he did not disappoint. Sometimes you expect a dog to be super excited when they have lots of space to run around, not so with Jupiter, very controlled, whilst having the time of his life. We had some gentle zoomies, some shaking of a teddy and some rolling, it was so lovely to see Jupiter shrug off any worries and just be. I'm pleased to say that my patience has paid off and Jupiter regularly checked in with me for some bottom scratches and a bit of gentle stroke Kiss of love.gif
So whilst in the paddock we had some dogs walking past, first up was Teddy, Jupiter was enthralled, just running up and down, oh so keen to make friends, it was the same when lovely Betty wandered past, Jupiter looked super keen to make friends, no aggression at all just pure inquisitiveness and will you be my friend love4.gif
The absolute best part of my day today was seeing Jupiter enjoy the paddling pool thumbs.gif he took a very tentative step in and then realised how wonderfully cool it was and he had just the best fun, again I must say he was so very controlled and it was so amazing seeing this darling boy have carefree fun Kiss of love.gif
I think Anne may be along with some photos and maybe a video thumbs.gif
I am loving getting to know Jupiter, he's a bit of a super star and is really starting to find his feet with the help of his lovely walkers Kiss of love.gif
anne

Post by anne »

Jupiter was indeed a star yesterday. I was able to stand back and see him enjoying playing and building a bond with Jude.
jupiter1DSCF2422.jpg
jupiter2DSCF2423.jpg
jupiter3DSCF2425a.jpg
jupiter4DSCF2426a.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Jupiter was a star again today. He is learning impulse control and can now calm himself very quickly if he gets over stimulated. We passed a couple of dogs out in the paddock today and Jupiter got very bouncy and barky, followed by a lead grab but then almost instantly he stopped himself and went back to walking nicely. This is a huge step forward for him.
We shared another very relaxed session in the paddock. Jupiter played a little, splashed in the paddling pool, did some zoomies and regularly checked in with me for cuddles. thumbs.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Oh yes does Jupiter love a paddle …
4792083D-C22D-4EF6-870B-FB3C5AAE5C1E.jpeg
4F60EDC1-3CFC-472A-B314-84A3208122DD.jpeg
F16128E1-16B8-46AE-9961-C041AFAE350E.jpeg
1160D7C6-23E5-4F66-9275-FDA294952064.jpeg
FB71D8C3-471F-46EA-B854-770DE3B71739.jpeg
He does get a little bit silly with the excitement so important that I stayed very calm quiet and still and as Anne said he is learning to calm himself, we had the occasional lead grab in the paddock but if I asked him to sit it seems to bring him back into focus - very well done Jupiter xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Karen25

Post by Karen25 »

Jupiter is a typical young boy and today the weather was just right for him, not too hot and no rain. He was bouncy . He will actually have little bounces whilst he walks. So sweet to watch. He was also full of fun and mischief. We went to the paddock to start with. A bit of ball play and zooming and then he spotted the leads. He grabbed one and ran off waiting for me to chase him, stopped to see if I was following him, saw that I wasn’t, did a play bow and then decided to come running towards me. He did a doggy swerve and zoomed round the paddock. Dropping the lead and then stopped for a roll in the grass. This boy needs mental and physical stimulation as he is a clever lad. We then went off for a walk and to sniff out deer. On return I filled a king for him which he took to his bed, not bothering to miss me at all 0002.gif]
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Jupiter and I had a lovely relaxed walk around the woods today - he was a very sniffy boy and enjoyed sampling the grasses on offer !
42AAFBED-9E36-4B38-90EE-8B8814FFBE6C.jpeg

He also found a stick that he enjoyed briefly but was happy to move on …
E8DE6E41-8288-4B94-915B-65B132087ADB.jpeg

Handsome boy xxx
15E56CE7-13D7-45FE-B01A-FAC743D53D43.jpeg

Jupiter loves water and found a small muddy puddle today, he sploshed about in it with his front paws, got it nice and muddy and then rolled in it !!! Several times 0002.gif]
B54CAD41-6C56-4B5B-AC92-832DC8BC5C79.jpeg
Safe to say he had more tan markings after that than he did before !!!
9389A927-852D-4E5F-8676-F6FED061C477.jpeg
Fun times Jupiter xxx

Return to “Our Outstanding Rescue Remedies Dogs”