Eugene Dogue de Bordeaux DofB 10.19 Dudley W Mids

Dogs that have found their forever home
IanandNicky

Re: Eugene Dogue de Bordeaux DofB 10.19 Gatwick Kenns

Post by IanandNicky »

Walked Eugene for the first time this week. I have given him a treat through the door each time I have taken Cody out so he was quite happy for me to enter his run. After a quick sniff he stood on his hind legs, put his paws on my shoulders looked me straight in the eyes and gave me a big kiss. Out on the walk he was very easy to control not pulling or reacting to other dogs just a big old softy. He's on my walking list now if he's available.
20211004_150847_resized_1.jpg
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

I am so pleased to see that Eugene is making new friends as he is such a wonderful walking companion :smiley-chores002.gif: Apologies Ian though for his hug he know better than that as he's too big for cuddles. FYI if you down and point at the floor he happily obliges thumbs.gif

As usual Eugene and I enjoyed a lovely walk on Wednesday. We were planning on walking with Carl but the two of them decided they would prefer solo walks and their human's full attention so we parted ways and carried on just the 2 of us.

Despite his size Eugene is a nice gentle walk as he loves to just plod along, slack leads and enjoy the smells the woods have to offer. On Wednesday we encountered a family on horseback with 3 off lead dogs but this was no problem for Eugene who just stepped to one side and watched them all go by whilst enjoying his favourite cheek massage positivo1.gif.

Eugene really has come a long way since coming to RR and is now very ready to start enjoying the comforts a home has to offer so if you think Eugene could be the dog for please don't delay and get those forms in love4.gif
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

I walked Eugune for a second time this week yesterday and he was a delight. He is a big boy but a very easy walk. It's nice to be able to pat and stroke the dog you are walking without having to bend down! 0002.gif]

If you have considered walking him but are put off by his size, I recommend giving it a try - just seek some assistance from the staff or his known-walkers to get him out and ready. You won't regret it. thumbs.gif
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Another walk with Eugene today. He was quite distracted while the kennels were still in earshot but then relaxed, although he still wasn't really sure where he wanted to go so our route was ultimately a bit random! But I managed to convince him to walk for a decent distance, which was the main thing.

As we cut through to the bridle path we encountered three horses so kept back a few feet, I announced our presence and we let them pass by. Not a peep - good boy! :biggrin.gif:
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

It is no secret at the kennels that Eugene is one of my favourites and I just love spending time with this gentle giant who is always so happy to see me. But this time is was Eugene and my husband who enjoyed a lovely walk on Saturday accompanied by me and Dwight. As usual Eugene took a laid back approach to his walk plodding along and totally unfazed by his new walking companion Dwight. Eugene loves a gentle amble with plenty of time for sniffing followed by a good old cuddle. To Eugene’s credit he has left behind his days as a stray and his worries about food and is now a super chilled boy who takes treats super gently. Time alone to eat his dinner in peace is something Eugene is always likely to need but otherwise he is now a good boy with good manners.

Eugene is a big boy with a huge heart and he is very ready to bestow all his love on the lucky people who welcome him into their home. Kiss of love.gif love4.gif
Mrees94

Post by Mrees94 »

:smiley-bounce016.gi: fingers crossed for this lovely boy!!
IanandNicky

Post by IanandNicky »

So pleased to hear about Eugene, I walked him on Monday and he was an affectionate, gentle giant as usual and even showed his playful side in the paddock zooming around. Fingers crossed.
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

My fingers, toes and anything else crossable are all crossed for you my smoosh. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Ditto, absolutely everything crossed for you gorgeous boy, you so deserve this thumbs.gif
I will never forget seeing Eugene when he first arrived and then for many weeks following I saw him out and about with his friend Emma, building those bonds and gaining trust, Eugene then went on to make many friends thumbs.gif
Good luck lovely boy Kiss of love.gif
xxlynne

Re: Eugene Dogue de Bordeaux DofB 10.19 Dudley W Mids

Post by xxlynne »

Bonnie Dogue de Bordeaux and Bailey Chocolate lab. bought their owners to Rescue Remedies today on the promise that they may bring home a new friend. Emma will share all but but in gist the meeting went well and Eugene left in the back seat with his new mum, with Bonnie and Bailey overseeing from the back guard ...with everyone with happy faces as Allan drove them home!
EugeneHomed.JPG

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”