Baxta Collie x DofB 2012 Gatwick Kenns

xxlynne

Baxta Collie x DofB 2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
baxta1DSCF1085a.jpg
Baxta's Story: Baxta has been in his family for 8 years without event but suddenly bit the toddler on the face when he joined Baxta on the sofa which was customary. Only explanation the family could come up with he had a sore rash and dry skin which may have made him sensitive. They had to give him up but police were happy for a responsible Rescue to home him without children. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Baxta is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Baxta is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
baxta2DSCF1081.jpg
baxta3DSCF1083.jpg
baxta4DSCF1085.jpg
Baxta's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Family sad to give Baxta up following an incident with their very young son.
Baxta.jpg
Julieh

Re: Baxta Collie x DofB 2012 Coming soon

Post by Julieh »

How difficult for all concerned including Baxta. Hoping a new home comes up very soon for this lovely boy
ClaireM

Re: Baxta Collie x DofB 2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by ClaireM »

I walked Baxta today and although he’d only been neutered the day before, he was full of life as if nothing had happened. He seems to love being out and about and has lots of energy. We tried to avoid the mud and the wet but it was very difficult. Thank goodness the sun was shining today and our walk was great. He didn’t seem phased by passing traffic or cyclists. He was happy for joggers to pass by and when a pretty staffie walked by, he wasn’t worried or pulling to get over to her. I thoroughly enjoyed our time together. Such a handsome gorgeous boy. love4.gif
Angharadbp

Post by Angharadbp »

I got to meet the lovely Baxta today and he was a joy to walk. We went for walk around the rescue grounds and and he didn’t react at all when seeing other dogs. We then went into the paddock which he seemed to love. He is a bundle of energy and I can imagine he will be homed very quickly. I’m looking forward to walking him again soon Kiss of love.gif
048A780E-93AC-455F-BE69-47D33FB9327C.jpeg
anne

Post by anne »

baxta5DSCF1079.jpg
paul.buckle

Post by paul.buckle »

What a lovely looking chap.

I particularly like that last one - great photo Anne, as usual.
HelenGr

Post by HelenGr »

I met handsome Baxta for the first time today and he was such a delight to spend time with. He may be advancing in years but you certainly wouldn't know it to see him out and about - he's such a bundle of energy and was interested in everything during our walk, yet completely unfazed by traffic and a few other dogs that we passed. A couple of squirrels got his attention in the woods, but he moved on easily, especially when he heard the bag rustling and knew a few treats were on the way! Baxta still seemed full of beans after our walk so we headed to the paddock to play some ball which he absolutely loved - he was so focused on the game of fetch, he bounced through the mud and puddles like they weren't even there. I think he would've carried on playing all day, but he gave in gracefully when I suggested it was time to go and waited patiently while I reattached his leads. Such a lovely boy, hopefully his new forever home won't be far away love4.gif
IMG_5406.jpg
IMG_5409.jpg
Angharadbp

Post by Angharadbp »

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Baxta enjoying some paddock time after his walk on Sunday
Angharadbp

Post by Angharadbp »

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Baxta was loving having a splash in the river today. He always has so much energy, we could walk for miles. He is very welcoming when you enter his kennel, sometimes putting on his leads can be a little tricky as he is jumping with excitement to go. He is such a lovely man!
Angharadbp

Post by Angharadbp »

Another walk with the lovely Baxta yesterday. He certainly loves playing with the tennis balls he finds around the kennels. The last two walks he has found a ball on his way out and hasnt let go the whole walk, only for you to kick it and him to chase. Baxta had a couple of compliments on our walk as he was so well behaved. We even had a German Shepard run across a field towards him and he was so fixated on the tennis ball he barely battered an eye lid. Luckily the other dog was in a fenced off garden. Baxta is very loud in his kennel but as soon as he is out he is silent, he's like a different dog. He is a really lovely boy and will make a very loving and entertaining family member. thumbs.gif

Return to “Our Outstanding Other Dogs (Rescueremedies.co.uk)”