Teddie Pom x Pug DofB 03.08.19 Hailsham

Dogs that have found their forever home
Mon&Chris

Re: Teddie Pom x Pug DofB 03.08.19 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Mon&Chris »

So sad to see that Teddie is back at the kennels, but very happy to be able to take him out on a walk. He was nervous in the kennel initially but after a couple of bits of cheese, he warmed up pretty quickly to the point he nuzzled himself into my lap and was instantly chilled out. Once out of his kennel, he walked very confidently, head and tail up. He only tried to jump at my leg to get treats twice but he’d had already had plenty in the kennel so I didn’t give in and he continued to walk brilliantly. In the woods, we met up with Honey (and Stuart) and both dogs were very well behaved: they just looked at each other for a bit and continued the walk. Teddie was not very sure about Honey behind him – she’s a very big dog – and checked her up a couple of times, but got used to it in no time at all.
We decided to take Teddie to the paddock to let him run free and, boy, did he run! He wasn’t interested in balls, but he loved jumping on our laps. We were sitting on the swinging chairs and he literally flung himself into our laps for cuddles! Such a fun dog!
20210407_153820s.jpg
20210407_153756s.jpg
Happy Teddie! :)
Happy Teddie! :)
Teddie and Honey making friends - look we've got the same tail!
Teddie and Honey making friends - look we've got the same tail!
anne

Post by anne »

teddie1DSCF1924.jpg
teddie2DSCF1927a.jpg
teddie3DSCF1929.jpg
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we took the effervescent teddie out on sunday with alfie & stan and as always he gets on with everyone he walks with - hard to get an easier to walk dog than our teddie and add that to such a friendly disposition and hes just about the perfect dog and an absolute pleasure to walk we ended up at the stream where alfie and stan went for a little dip while teddie just watched thinking "uve gotta be joking if you think ime wetting and dirtying my paws in there" but happily joined in the apres dip treats - hes going to make a wonderful addition to someones family
IMG_3600.JPG
heleny

Post by heleny »

So agree with everything said in the previous post. I walked Teddie for the first time yesterday and had been really looking forward to the walk with this amazing little dog. Mind you, you have to allow a few minutes initially while Teddie tells you, when you enter his pen, how pleased he is to see you. I eventually clipped his leads on, after a million licky kisses, and out we went into the woods with Tigga walked by Linda. Teddie is such a delight to walk - no pulling, he walks almost to heel, just the occasional double back for a cuddle. His fur is so incredibly soft and his tail is so incredibly curly - an absolute delight in every way. I just didn't want to put him back and could have happily spent the rest of the day with him but other dogs were calling. Good luck Teddie you deserve the best home ever in the shortest time possible because you are just so lovely. Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif]
anne

Post by anne »

Here is Teddie before heading out for his walk with Helen yesterday. He really is a happy, cuddly little dude.
teddieDSCF1969.jpg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Teddie is an absolutely lovely little dog.
He is a complete and utter darling. There are no other words to describe him.
He has no edge to him.
He is always so excited to see you and to greet you that it can take a minute or two to put his leads on - but that is the only negative thing I can say about him.
I have enjoyed a couple of walks with him this week again. He is consistently easy to walk and well behaved on walks. There is no pulling and no reaction to other dogs we meet on walks.
Any interaction he has with his walkers is positive in the extreme. He cuddles up to you and literally just wants contact.
The sight of his eager little face as he waits for his turn to be walked melts your heart.
I am wondering why this little dog has not been snapped up and taken home to his own sofa and his own human.
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

as all his walkers will tell you teddie is a totally great dog and the easiest dog in the kennels to walk - so excited to see you when you first go in once out hes v pleased too have some company on his walks (alfie & eddie on sunday) and walked nicely in between them - if your back can play up (as mine often does) its always a good idea to save teddie to last walk- loose leads practically the whole way round no pulling with our ted and if he slips slightly behind you sometimes you have check to make sure hes still there and ure still walking a dog hes so easy - back to the kennels for cuddles on lap face licks and treats which he loves and takes them v nicely - teddie is one little adorable pompug and it will be a VERY lucky family who gets him
IMG_3587.JPG
heleny

Post by heleny »

So agree - he is adorable. Today he was my first walk of the day and every minute was a pleasure spent with this lovely boy. He is so friendly and when he leans in for cuddles he is just so soft. I absolutely love him. Today as usual we walked with Linda and Chase and both dogs did us proud. Whoever takes this boy home will be blessed! Heart fill with love.gif] love4.gif
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

I know it says that Teddie "barked at cats" but has he been tested with cats since being in Rescue. I would be very interested to know. He is a darling boy. Can anyone enlighten me? x
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

Teddie was amazing today. For the first time, he came straight to me in the kennel which is a big step for him. He amused me a lot when he came to me for cuddles today and I bent down… I did get cuddles, but as I was getting the leads sorted he hopped confidently on my bent leg to balance himself. His main goal was to get a better view of Rubytues over the concrete ledge separating them and have a good ‘chat’ with her while I was getting his leads on! I think he’d been desperate to see her and was very happy to get the chance to have a good conversation with her. Such a character! On the walk he was great and very easy. He likes to pootle along and pause occasionally for a sniff. As the walk goes on you can feel him relax into himself and by the end he’s ready to take on the world.

When we got to the paddock he really came out of his shell. He loves to run around and sniff and investigate. Last time we tried to play fetch with him, he just looked at the ball a bit nonplussed and was much more interested in playing with us directly. This time though he went straight for the ball and sprinted up and down the paddock and even brought the balls back! He’s literally coming on leaps and bounds. Months ago when he first came in he was very nervous and reserved and he’s rapidly showing himself to be an incredibly intelligent pocket rocket. I envy whoever gets to give him his forever home. He really is such a wonderful chap.
IMG_20210428_152559s.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”