Shelley ?Shih Tzu DoB ?2017 Littlehampton W Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
Froggie757

Re: Shelley ?Shih Tzux DoB ?2017 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Froggie757 »

We have been sitting in with the fluffy threesome 4 or 5 days a week since they arrived almost month ago. It has been amazing to watch their personalities start to come through. They take it in turns to be the brave one but now all three will take food from our hands, although each one takes a different length of time to warm to the idea when we visit. Shelley is currently the bravest, happily staying with us when the boys run off to investigate noises in the kennel block.
Today after working our way through much chicken and biscuit treats we sat and let them just slowly investigate us, sniff and retreat, repeat, just hang out with us. They are very wary of hands if they don't contain food so no stroking yet, just getting used to our scent. We sit on two plastics stools, today we covered the seats with old plastic bags to ensure that we kept dry in the kennel environment, the boys decided that they were brave enough to try to remove the bag I was sat on, tugging and pulling behind my back, creating a great game for themselves. This was fabulous to see as they haven't really been willing to interact that closely with us before.
It is slow and steady progress, we'll be there as often as possible for the next few weeks Kiss of love.gif
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

What kindness Helen, Fraser and others have shown these three. Thank you! In time they will know how to relax and enjoy life knowing they are safe and loved!
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Popped in the say hello to these 3 cuties on Saturday. They cleaned me out of chopped up sausages! The work being done with then is obviously working as they were quite brave, still nervous but also curious! Shelley was the bravest of all three. She came straight up and took food off me and gave the other two so much confidence. She is a cracker!
anne

Post by anne »

Shelly is looking so much brighter and happier than when she arrived.
shelly2DSCF0280a.jpg
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Beautiful face xx Kiss of love.gif
chloe_stockwell

Post by chloe_stockwell »

Such a sweetie! 😍
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Said hello to Shelley and Bobby on Saturday. Shelley is such a sweetie, her teeny tiny little face just makes me smile! Both were very brave taking treats from me and it is great to see their confidence improving!
Ruth2019

Post by Ruth2019 »

Shelley had a groom today. She was brought out to my grooming van in a crate, where she feels safe, as she isn't used to being on a lead. She had 2 shampoos to get through her dirty coat and is ever so soft now! She endured her groom slightly better than Bobby, but again, had to be muzzled and a cone used to prevent her getting the muzzle off. She was OK being touched, but preferred to look away from me, out of the window. I managed to feed her some cooked chicken afterwards, which she took ever so gently. I even got to stroke her, before she went back to her kennel, via the crate!
IMG_20210106_140443_opt.jpg
IMG_20210106_140459_opt.jpg
IMG_20210106_140522_opt.jpg
IMG_20210106_140653_opt.jpg
Ruth2019

Post by Ruth2019 »

Shelley gently taking chicken...

Shelley being stroked...
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I spent some time with Shelley and Bobby today in their kennel - they’ve been keen to take treats from me through the gate so in I went to sit on the stool in the corner of their run - what a treat :D

They are still very wary but treats are good and they clearly are much more comfortable with people generally - they’d never met me before today and they’ve both stolen a bit of my heart, total sweetie pies just waiting to trust fully I think xxx

And very smart they looked too after their groom, just look at these 2 beauties xxx
138885E5-C6F4-415B-99F7-FC4456EB9815.jpeg
Shelley was the bravest in terms of taking treats from my hand in her run - with Bobby looking on slightly more unsure.
Shelley looked so cute as she peered out from her bedroom area ...
15F6B9C4-940E-4789-9546-D2D7A2E8966B.jpeg

She’s a beaut alright love4.gif
5EAFB358-00AD-451C-BAD1-F30A18E23018.jpeg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”