Shelley ?Shih Tzu DoB ?2017 Littlehampton W Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
davinawebster

Re: Shelley ?Shih Tzux DoB ?2017 Redhill Temp Foster

Post by davinawebster »

Heart fill with love.gif] shelley looks very interested in everyone, those eyes say alot. she looked happy to get the hair cut. a true girl character xxx lots of hugs when your ready. xx
RosC

Post by RosC »

Shelly is not as brave as Bobby. Still no touching allowed but she will come over for treats and to say hello when you come in.
Today Shelley and Bobby were watching me clean my car from the front room window, that's only the 2nd time she has got up on the sofa that we have seen.
She is a wonderful little character and is starting to come out of her shell love4.gif
20210217_083141.jpg
This is what happens after meal times - they are only playing!
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

That video is awesome. Seeing them play and be carefree is wonderful! thumbs.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
davinawebster

Post by davinawebster »

bighug.gif bighug.gif amazing how they are coming on
RosC

Post by RosC »

Shelley is settling well and although we still cannot touch them they are feeling much more at home and seem happy. Shelley is the more cautious of the two and can scare easily if you are not careful.
We get a lovely welcome through the window pulling up on the drive and very waggy tails and they both come running over but only to a certain distance.
In the past few days she seems to be getting a little braver so I am sure in time she will settle come out of her shell.
And relax....
And relax....
davinawebster

Post by davinawebster »

Kiss of love.gif
hello shelley!
i have had a difficult time the last few days and coming in to see you in the video at the window was a surprise! then relaxing really cheered me up :havefun.gif:
RosC

Post by RosC »

Shelley is continuing to come out if her shell. We are still tiki g things slowly and at her pace. She is definitely the more reserved of the two and less playful although she is getting more active.
Shelley gets excited when you come home and runs over to say hello but a sniff of your hand is all you get before she moves away. She is less keen to explore than Bobby and often watches him playing with toys with a confused look on her face but she will learn to have fun soon I am sure. She is a lovely little girl but still very cautious.
CHStillman

Post by CHStillman »

I am so delighted that these two are progressing well. Living in a good home must be wonderful for them. I think of them often and wish them both all the best for the future. I hope that they can stay together. Heart fill with love.gif]
In the meantime, we now have our lovely Rosie (staffy cross) who is adorable and we love her to bits.
RosC

Post by RosC »

Shelley has become part of our family for now and we are enjoying having her to stay. In some ways I don't feel we have made much progress but in others we clearly have as she is so pleased so see us when we come in, jumping around like a little lamb and dashing over to us. BUT she still does not want to be touched and will move away if you push it. I can't bear to see her hiding away so we are not trying to do anything she is not comfortable with.
The lovely pair have not been going outside as they were just hiding in a corner on top of each other when we first tried so we didn't pursue this. However, with the sunnier weather we have decided to put them in a crate to take them out of the house and onto the grass and give them a small area to feel safe in but still enjoy the grass and the warm sun on them.
They seem to like this.
20210402_154348.jpg
20210402_160547.jpg
Shelley now wears her pretty pink collar and has had a couple of baths but other than that we are no closer to touching on a regular basis. Bobby can be a little greedy and eat her food if she isn't quick enough so at the moment we are feeding them separately and she is tucking in to her food with gusto! love4.gif
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Lovely update Ros xxx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”