Toby (Cody) Staffie x AmBull DofB 03.04.18 Kingswinford W.Mids

Dogs that have found their forever home
SarahW

Re: Cody Staffie x AmBull DofB 03.04.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW »

Cody is having a relaxing Sunday morning. He is adorable!

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
heleny

Post by heleny »

So lovely to see him looking so relaxed and comfortable. Heart fill with love.gif]
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Beautiful. Cody is such a lovely gentle boy love4.gif
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Jan Case wrote: Sun 07 Feb 2021 18:34 Beautiful. Cody is such a lovely gentle boy love4.gif
He really is!

Cody has exceeded all our hopes for him this weekend. Last night he slept on his bed in our bedroom. He did try and jump on the bed when we first went up and took some bribing to get off the bed. I was determined he got to sleep upstairs with us so he wasn't on his own. He did sneak back onto the bed twice in the night but he is a big dog so he was not as sneaky as he might have thought! thumbs.gif

We woke early and Cody gave me a facewash to tell me he needed to use the outside facilities! There have been no accidents all weekend.

I couldn't convince him to walk further than the end of the drive this morning. However this afternoon we got him to walk for a solid 20 mins. He was nervous and zagging about but he still did it and in the pouring snow. We were both over the moon!

I have been trying to teach him a few commands. This has been a surprising success so far. I am useless at this stuff so it just goes to show how bright Cody is. He has really blown me away how clever he is.

We have seen no aggression from him or anything to cause any concern whatsoever. He needs to work on gaining his manners like not jumping up to see what is on the kitchen counter or running across the sofa, but he can easily learn that.

We worked on the command 'place' today so tonight he came upstairs jumped on our bed and when I said place and pointed to his bed he jumped on it straight away and hasn't moved since!

Blimey Cody, you are even more awesome than I thought you were!!!

EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

It’s amazing to see the progress codie has made in just a weekend. Never underestimate the power of gentle TLC Kiss of love.gif
RosC

Post by RosC »

Absolutely brilliant to see him looking so happy and confident Sarah. I am trying to picture him thinking he is creeping in to bed without either of you noticing 0002.gif]
Well done for giving him this opportunity to shake off the kennels and be himself... And what a lovely boy he is love4.gif
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Amazing, those videos and photos say it all thumbs.gif
So beautiful to see Cody start to see what it's all about and just be Kiss of love.gif
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Cody is a very friendly and alert boy who is gaining confidence when out and about. He doesn't like going much further than the front yard at the moment but he is out and about and doing well.
He's happy to be the 'yard captain' and main greeter for the moment. Today we kept an eye on Becca just in case she needed a hand!
20210217_111721.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Cody came for his second visit last weekend, and is getting more confident each time. He went straight out in the garden, no coaxing required! The neighbour's dog said hello from the vantage point of their raised summer house. Cody leant up against the fence to get a better look. All friendly but then he trotted off into the house!

We have been able to get Cody walking more confidently. He prefers both of us walking him. We did an hour walk on Sunday morning. Most other walks were around 30 mins. He gets excited when he sees the leads come out. He does have nervous times on the walk but we just keep him moving and then he settles again. These will lessen I think with time.

He is super bright and just loves learning. He can get bored which I think is more mental than physical if that makes sense. Both Andy and I are wfh currently but Cody can get bored and will start entraining himself....stealing shoes, grabbing the loo roll etc so looking after him in the week isn't really possible! We are both on lots of calls but Cody needs more mental stimulation!

He is a lovely kind natured dog. I have seen no edge to him at all. He is utterly adorable. He is enjoying playing with toys and having zoomies. It is wonderful to witness.

Cody needs a home where time can be spent being his companion and involving him in activities. He really is a wonderful dog and if I didn't have to work full time I would much rather be with him!

Anyhoops her are some videos from last weekend. Some are long but if you love Cody you will love seeing him so carefree!

Andy was in the garage outside and Cody had to just keep an eye on him!!! 0002.gif]

lainey29

Post by lainey29 »

Aww look at him 💙 Kiss of love.gif he looks so relaxed and loving life he will definitely thrive in the right environment he has so much love to give thumbs.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”