Dogs that have found their forever home
lainey29

Re: Cody Staffie x AmBull DofB 03.04.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by lainey29 »

Lovely photo Kiss of love.gif
geoffcase

Post by geoffcase »

I have walked Cody twice in the last few days, and on both occasions we left the rescue grounds without much delay and had a ‘proper’ walk. On one walk we came to the bridge with 2 styles- too big to go under, so we had to go over. Very scary and after 5 minutes of gentle coaxing and treats we managed to summon up the courage to clamber over one, then he just jumped over the other!!!!
We also went to the paddock where Cody just ran for the joy of running, then did some ball chasing, but only brought the tennis ball back on one occasion. Lovely boy 😌👍😉
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Jude and I finally got the opportunity to walk handsome Cody on Wednesday and what a lovely little walk we had. All credit has to go to his core group of walkers who have brought this boy so far. When he came to RR is was nervous and withdrawn and didn't want to leave to his but on Wednesday he gave me the most lovely welcome in his kennel with cuddles and kisses whilst we quickly got ready with the leads and then we were off down the lane without any issues at all. It was late in the day and so it was only a quick walk but I honestly feel Cody would of been very happy to have gone off on an adventure if we'd had the time. He was a little scared of the traffic noise from the motorway but as soon as we retreated back up the lane he relaxed and had a good old sniff about.

Cody if such a loving boy who loves people but will need help with the big scary outside world but with his trusting nature I'm sure it wouldn't take him long to settle and be a wonderful addition to any home. love4.gif
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

100% agree with Emma, what an absolute beauty Cody is love4.gif
We had both got to the end of a long day of walking and then we spotted this darling boy, peeking out from his kennel, big old beautiful grin in place, well how could we resist thumbs.gif
From the moment Emma entered his kennel Cody was an absolute gent, leads attached and off we set.
We had it our minds that Cody doesn't like to walk too far, but he was definitely up for an adventure on Wednesday and had we had more time I do think Cody would have enjoyed a longer walk thumbs.gif
I did take a photo of Cody and Emma at the end of the lane, not the best pic but you get the idea, he was so enjoying his time out and what amazing cuddles and kisses this boy gives Kiss of love.gif
I cannot believe how Cody's confidence has grown since his time here and how very happy he is, his smile says it all and that is absolute testament to his regular walkers and weekend foster breaks thumbs.gif
Beautiful boy
Beautiful boy
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Cody enjoyed his walk out today, plus a run in the paddock. He's really good with people and is good company.
20210425_114623.jpg
20210425_114635.jpg
20210425_115033.jpg
20210425_115202.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Just wonderful to see Cody getting out and enjoying life more. He is the most affectionate boy. We had a lovely walk and time in the paddock on Saturday.

When a deer appeared in the field next to the paddock I popped the lead on in case he got a bit hyped up and decided to hop over the fense and chase (I know of dogs his size that have managed it so I don't take risks!). But Cody wasn't up for that, he saw and took it all in and then decided he prefers cuddle more thumbs.gif

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

:smiley-bounce016.gi:
Cody is coming along a treat. He is now regularly walking further and becoming more confident outside. He's a great character and very friendly around people. Today he checked out new walker Edward (Ted), who passed the sniff test with flying colours!
20210430_155918~2.jpg
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Oh my gosh Cody you look so in love with you new best teddy friend love4.gif .

Rob and I took Cody for a lovely walk yesterday and Cody seemed very taken with his new friend Rob. We managed to get the whole way round the woods (with a little help from the odd sausage) and for the most part Cody was very relaxed and seemed to really enjoy having not 1 but 2 humans to lavish him with affection. There were lots of noisy kids around having fun in their gardens etc. which was a little concerning to Cody but with gentle coaxing he carried on walking and I think loved stretching his legs.

Cody really has come a long way from the shut down boy he was and every week he is gaining confidence. Now all he needs his a relaxing sofa to call his own and humans who are prepared to continue showing Cody that the world is not a scary place.
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Another lovely walk and paddock time with Cody on Saturday. He really is the sweetest-natured dog. I have never seen any edge, no hard mouthing nothing, no aggression to other dogs just a natural polite curiosity. He is big and a bit clumsy so not suited to small children.

When I fostered him he would get eventually get bored while I was working from home but he is bright and wants either some people-time or some activity. This is quite understandable - he is only just 3 years old after all! A home that could provide reassurance and increase his confidence and foster his curiosity would be ideal. Once he had that, I am sure he could walk or play for hours! I so hope Cody's forever home isn't far away as he is such a loving boy and would blossom in the home.

At his very soul is a super loving. He really does fall for people as all his friends at the kennels know. I really adore this wonderful boy. love4.gif

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Cody and I had a challenging walk yesterday thanks to a large lorry sneaking up out of nowhere out of the waterworks. Poor Cody is a little nervous around traffic and this big thing was a little too much for him. We headed back to the safety of the kennel grounds and took a little time for cuddles before trying what I hoped would be a nice quiet route through the woods but to my dismay there were roadworks on the main road adjoining the woods and all of a sudden a digger started and well that was it Cody decided enough was enough and so we retreated for the safety of the paddock and nice old cuddle.

Cody is such a gentle soul and whilst at times excitement can get the better of him and he is a little bouncy he is such a loving boy with no side to him just a huge need for love. Could you be his loving humans who show Cody the world is nothing to be frightened of. In return he will openly adore you and shower you with happy kisses love4.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”