Zion EBT x Staffie DofB 02.12.08 Ashtead, Surrey

Dogs that have found their forever home
Sarah and Joe

Re: Zion EBT x Staffie DofB 02.12.08 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarah and Joe »

Poor old Zion. He was quite happy snoozing in his bed when I came to take him for a walk this morning. Well, I say “walk” 😂. He got about ten yards from his kennel and decided it was time for a lay down in the sun. That’s fine. It is his time and he can spend it as he likes. The problem is I wanted to offset the calories in his treats with a bit of exercise to help his old body limber up. Anyway, he has such a lovely temperament. Every time he saw another dog his tail went into windmill mode, a sure sign he is happy. He nuzzled his ear into my knuckle and let out a satisfied “harumph” and gave me a few licks to the face to let me know he appreciated the time together. It took about an hour to go about four hundred yards and included a ten minute stand off when he wanted to go towards the reception where he know the treats are kept and I didn’t. A great tip from another volunteer was to throw treats in front of him or hold a treat in your hand in front of his face and coax him forwards. He soon gets wise. Anyone out there got a dog bed in their lounge longing to be occupied?
anne

Post by anne »

Mr Handsome

zionDSCF2474.jpg
IanandNicky

Post by IanandNicky »

We took dear old Zion out for the first time on Tuesday. He was sun bathing in his kennel but came out with us for a short walk in the grounds and then into the paddock where he had a potter around and then settled down for a bit of attention. We then slowely pottered back to his kennel and he went in and found his dinner. I left to the sound of steady munching. He's a lovely old boy who just needs a quiet home.
Zion resized.jpg
IanandNicky

Post by IanandNicky »

IMG-20210622-WA0000.jpg
We walked dear old Zion today. First we pottered round the paddock then, to our surprise, he wanted to go through the woods at the back of the kennels and then down the lane. He really enjoyed walking around and loved saying hello to everyone he met.
IanandNicky

Post by IanandNicky »

20210626_134818_resized.jpg
Went to take dear old Zion for a walk today. It was quite warm and he was relaxing in his bed. I sat next to him and offered a treat which he decided he could rouse himself for. Then with a bit of coaxing he came out for a bit of a potter around munching a bit of grass. We then decided we both needed a lay down and a cuddle. He's such an easy dog and loves some strokes and kisses.
20210626_134730_resized.jpg
Satch

Post by Satch »

Zion was waiting and ready for his walk on Sunday which is unusual as you normally have to wake him from his bed. We started off in the paddock for a little mooch and then had quite a lengthy walk for Zion. He will dictate the route but that’s ok we don’t tend to walk off the grounds, he loves a good sniff around in the woods. I stole a few cuddles and then took him back to relax. The best news would be that Zion will find his forever home to retire in. Fingers crossed :crossfingers.gif:
anne

Post by anne »

zion1DSCF3167.jpg
zion2DSCF3168.jpg
zion3DSCF3169.jpg
VeganLaura

Post by VeganLaura »

Zion and I went for our first walk together on Wednesday! I was expecting him to take his time but he couldn't wait to get going! He was happy to see some of the other volunteers who walk him and was keen to go over and say hello. He then decided to sit and chill in the car park area for a bit before we headed to the paddock for a drink and rest. He is so lovely and has such a sweet character 🥰
IMG_6176_opt.jpg

IMG_6181_opt.jpg
IMG_6195_opt.jpg
IanandNicky

Post by IanandNicky »

We had a lovely stroll through the woods and session in the paddock with Zion this morning. As usual he was pleased to see us and happily wagging his tail at anyone we saw. We were surprised when he took a tennis ball in the paddock but instead of chasing it he happily settled down to tear it up..
20210712_104317_resized.jpg
bridgeford

Post by bridgeford »

I took the gorgeous Zion out again yesterday, he's a big boy and very strong but he doesn't really pull, he's much more likely to lie down and refuse to move. As always it was a slow short stroll followed by an extended cuddle and the a lie in the sun in the paddock. Poor Zion, his arthritis obviously causes him a lot of pain but he is always pleased to see me and seems to love being out and about, as his tail is wagging the whole time. I think the heat must help with his legs as he actually ran after the tennis ball I threw in the paddock - before sitting down to destroy it, as per usual. I've been told he's not good with other dogs but I've never seen him react at all, he's been completely disinterested in them when he's with me. He's such a lovely, affectionate dog, I really look forward to seeing him every week love4.gif but I still hope he finds a nice quiet retirement home with a nice comfy sofa, soon.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”