Zion EBT x Staffie DofB 02.12.08 Ashtead, Surrey

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Zion EBT x Staffie DofB 02.12.08 Ashtead, Surrey

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
zion1DSCF8978a.jpg
Zion's Story: Zion lost his home due to a new baby's arrival and no rescue would take him on due to his age and dog skills. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life and will work with him. Zion is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Zion was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.
• Has had sheltered life due to dog novice owners
• Used to enjoy playing with others in park but got attacked and a little defensive outside but confident owner can move him through
• Instincts good meeting people and dogs. Not for children
• Arthritic joints happy with a Quiet life: Good food
• Not touchy feely apart from on walks. Self contained

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum Adoption Donation is £250 (£400 for pup under 1 yr old). This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
zion2DSCF8962.jpg
zion3DSCF8945.jpg
zion4DSCF8950.jpg
zion5DSCF8952.jpg
Zion's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 20.09.20 Reported assessment: Zion- 11 years old- high risk of put to sleep due to age and dislike of other dogs.

Not neutered, is chipped, not dog friendly, unknown on cats, too boisterous with young children. Loves walks and fetch. Doesn't like being bathed or water. Super urgent as due put to sleep very shortly. Super urgent Lynne. I have tried several rescue but no one wants to take the more difficult dogs. Carolynxx
Zion.jpg
Zion1.jpg
frankie

Re: Zion EBT x Staffie DofB 02.12.08 Comes this week

Post by frankie »

I do love a golden oldie . Bless him RR will love you until ur forever home comes . Beautiful boy xx
SarahW

Re: Zion EBT x Staffie DofB 02.12.08 Comes 29th September

Post by SarahW »

What a lovely looking lad, can't wait to meet him!
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Elliesmum

Re: Zion EBT x Staffie DofB 02.12.08 Comes 29th September

Post by Elliesmum »

The perfect age! Love an oldie bighug.gif
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
anne

Re: Zion EBT x Staffie DofB 02.12.08 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

and a few more photos to enjoy because he is so handsome.....
zion6DSCF8972.jpg
zion7DSCF8974.jpg
zion8DSCF8966.jpg
Karen25

Post by Karen25 »

I had the pleasure of walking this beefy boy yesterday. He is a gentle sole who was clearly loved. He shows affection to all the people he meets. He is not keen on other dogs but when out with him as long as they didn’t invade his personal space he was fine and ignored them. He is a slow plodder that loves nothing more than to stop and munch on grass or sniff. Such a lovely boy.
anne

Post by anne »

I had the pleasure of walking with Zion yesterday. He is delightful. I got an excited, friendly welcome. Zion was pleased to be out. He ambled along taking time to sniff and investigate, making the most out of every minute of his walk. What a lovely laid back character he is.
It started to rain heavily as we returned to the kennels and Zion upped the pace, keen to get back in the dry in his kennel. I sat with him for a while as it was pouring outside and he lay down , enjoying fuss and cuddles. love4.gif
zionDSCF9094.jpg
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Such a gentle looking boy 💕💕
renatatlek

Post by renatatlek »

We walked Zion last Saturday 17 October for the first time.
What a sweet older dog! He listened well, enjoyed his walk, a few barks and pulls towards dogs when they were approaching us, but if at a distance, Zion did not react. He sat for his treats well, was easily directed to where to walk. Only one picture as quite active on the walk and wouldn't pose, haha.
20201017_113323.jpg
Renata&Norbert
anne

Post by anne »

Zion provided me with the most entertaining walk yesterday. Each dog teaches me something and Zion reminds me to slow down and take life at a slower pace. We plodded down the lane and along the road. We had only been out about 15 mins and Zion suddenly rolled over (almost in slow motion) down onto the grassy verge and just looked at me. 'just stopping for a rest' was what I was thinking he was telling me.
zion1DSCF9362.jpg
I waited, he rested and when he was ready he got up and moved on.
zion2DSCF9364.jpg
When we got back to his kennel, instead of going in, Zion rolled over on the grass just outside his door. 'not ready to go in yet was what I think he was telling me'!
The lure of a tasty treat persuaded him in, then he clung onto my sleeve, not wanting me to leave. icon_e_sad.gif
Zion is the most endearing boy. We need to get this lovely gentle boy a retirement home soon. x :crossfingers.gif:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”