BuskyBear Staffie x Shar Pei DofB 01.12.11 - 24th Jan 24

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Satch

Re: BuskyBear Staffie x Shar pei DofB 12.2011 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Satch »

I walked the lovely BuskyBear again today. Keeps a nice steady pace for an older boy. He does react to passing dogs by barking but listens to commands and settles quickly. He enjoys a few treats but will sit and give his paw before receiving them. Will definitely look forward to walking him again soon.
KathrynG

Re: BuskyBear Staffie x Shar pei DofB 12.2011 Gatwick Kenns

Post by KathrynG »

Had a lovely walk in the afternoon sunshine with Busky on Sunday. Hadn't walked him for a while and so was looking forward to getting reacquainted. Got a friendly and very eager greeting in his kennel and off we went.
I'm aware he sometimes gets a bit grumpy at other dogs but the walk was so relaxed and he was really responsive, sitting nicely and offering his paw for a treat whenever another dog or person passed.
I'd also forgotten that he walks at a good a pace for an older boy - I think he's lost a little weight too as he definitely had more of a spring in his step.
Back at the kennels we sat in the paddock and had a nice chill out in the sun. Busky was being very affectionate and nuzzling into me - although it was really sausages he was after! Sweet all the same. love4.gif Hope to walk him again next week
Golden boy
Golden boy
xxlynne

Re: BuskyBear Staffie x Shar pei DofB 12.2011 Walthamstow Foster

Post by xxlynne »

Donna introduced BuskyBear to Jessica and they shared a walk in the sunshine and Jessica got to know dear BuskyBear. Then the events of getting BuskyBear into her automobile...which always is a little event with BuskyBear but we prided ourselves as it was fairly easily achieved! Home Jeeves (Jessica)!
Cobbtastic

Post by Cobbtastic »

BuskyBear is settling in nicely so far. He's enjoyed all the new smells of the house, garden and neighbouring streets. He even had a lovely controlled introduction to a terrier that passed us on our walk today. A few nose boops were had and then we were all on our merry way. He didn't like the look of a big dog across the street later on though so gave a few barks to tell him.

He decided to sleep downstairs last night as apparently he wasn't feeling the upstairs ambience. He's been a star today while I worked from home. My colleagues are disappointed that he's been camera shy thus far. We're slowly building our trust but he's comfortable to ask for cuddles which I gladly oblige.
Nic

Post by Nic »

Oh Busky! How lovely love4.gif enjoy all your cuddles!
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

woo.gif]
So lovely to hear. He likes jelly babies wotsits and jaffa Cakes. He would love to give one paw and when u asked next he'd offer the other. Loads of love ans hugs Busky xxx
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

:smiley-chores002.gif:
I hope Busky-Bear is OK x miss having updates. Virtual hugs little man xx luvs ya
Cobbtastic

Post by Cobbtastic »

BuskyBear and I have been enjoying our time together while he's been settling in. He's had a lot of new noises and smells to get used to in the house and neighbourhood and he's been enjoying exploring them to the fullest! His excitement for our walks brings a huge smile to my face.

His personality has come out more lately. He's a bit more chatty and we've discovered that he likes to play fetch with a tennis ball. He takes his role to protect the garden from other critters very seriously and regularly patrols the boundaries to ensure they're secure. He's regularly perched watching out the front window to keep me posted on when people walk by as well.

He still follows me around everywhere but on occasion lately he has started to be in a separate room from me - but only when he leaves the room. We're still working on his nerves around strangers when out on our walks and have seen lots of improvements in this space as we go out at quieter times so there's more space for everyone.
50474583-371F-4D9F-AE3F-25D3E4EF114D.jpeg
71BE0A57-2180-4F77-8C1D-40C03D87D33C.jpeg
20210302_202157_opt.jpg
20210329_152051_opt.jpg
Annette9

Post by Annette9 »

Kiss of love.gif
What a lovely update!!! Absolutely love this boy and do miss our walks.. Thank you so much for giving BuskyBear some TLC and home comforts... He looks so happy and content.
KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

Lovely to hear BuskyBear is settling in well. He looks very relaxed thumbs.gif

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”