BuskyBear Staffie x Shar Pei DofB 01.12.11 - 24th Jan 24

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

BuskyBear Staffie x Shar Pei DofB 01.12.11 - 24th Jan 24

Post by xxlynne »

busky1bDSCF9288a.jpg
BuskyBear.jpg
BuskyBear's Story: BuskyBear was living with other dogs, and then next home with older children. BuskyBear's owner had to move and could not take him with her. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. BuskyBear is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. BuskyBear was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.
• Managing very well in kennel setting
• Happy to meet other dogs and could live with another
• Gentle boy with a few surface nerves meeting strange men but soon placated
• So popular with all our volunteers

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum Adoption Donation is £250 (£400 for pup under 1 yr old). This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.

August 2022
August 2022

August 2022
August 2022

Some photos from Sep 2020...

sept 2020
sept 2020

sept2020
sept2020

sept2020
sept2020

sept2020
sept2020

sept2020
sept2020

BuskyBear's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 20.09.20: Lynne have you any room for an older Staffie x shar pei. 9 years old He has lived previously with dogs and living with older children

He is neutered but not seen vet in 5 years due to disliking them has some ear issues occasionally but will let drops be put in.
He loses his home next week as owner is moving. All super urgent Lynne. I have tried several rescue but no one wants to take him. So pleased to see Delphi reserved and thank you as always for your support and help

Carolyn xx

1919EF03-ADC3-4C0B-8F2E-C268EBB40DF5.jpeg
RosC

Re: BuskyBear Staffie x Shar pei DofB 2011 Gatwick Kenns

Post by RosC »

I walked Busterjji today. He was very nervous in the kennel, went to his bed shaking when I entered. He needs to have a little bit of time to settle and relax in his new environment.
Once out of the kennel he was a different dog and was relaxed and happy following Tommy on our walk. He walks at quite a good pace.
He has a lovely nature and I am sure someone will snap up this older boy fairly quickly love4.gif
KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

BuskyBear is such a sweet older boy who shouldn't be in kennels at his age and is obviously a bit overwhelmed at the moment. On entering his kennel he sat in his bed looking quite worried so i just sat next to him a while and tried to gently entice him with a treat.
He eventually caved and came over to me to take a bit of sausage albeit quite tentatively.
20200927_234347.jpg
20200927_234336.jpg
Once we'd made friends, his tail began to wag and he seemed to be quite keen to get out of his kennel for a walk.As soon as he was outside, he relaxed immediately, his ears perked up and he was interested in getting on with his walk having a good sniff about.
He walks surprisingly fast, but doesn't pull. There was no reaction to any dogs or people we saw on the way and was gentle and friendly. I think it'll take him a bit of time for him to fully come out of his shell but he is a lovely natured boy who needs the comfort of a loving home soon. Until then, I look forward to walking you again soon BuskyBear love4.gif
Last edited by KathrynG on Fri 02 Oct 2020 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

BuskyBear as he was lovingly called by his family carries some surface nerves but is soon snuggling into you and giving licks to your hand as offered. He is adjusting to kennel life and meeting lots of different people. He has lived with other dogs and older children and is a skilled dog who we hope will soon find his forever home. He sits and offers he paw and is endearing in every way..though didn't do it for camera!

lucyloo

Re: Busky Bear Staffie x Shar pei DofB 2011 Gatwick Kenns

Post by lucyloo »

Buskybear you are just beautiful and perfect. Sending you hugs from Hampshire

Kiss of love.gif
xxlynne

Re: BuskyBear Staffie x Shar pei DofB 12.2011 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Dearest BuskyBear went to the vets today, as he has had very sore ears and needed an MOT and vaccinations. BuskyBear trusts me and so it was an easy quest as he jumped into the travel crate and travelled next to Albert. Although BuskyBear did well meeting our vet outside, we decided I would inject him with the sedative and then after 15 mins I handed over a sleepy boy. Our vet gave BuskyBear the full works scaled and polished his teeth; no removals required, anal glands checked and fine; 1st vaccination and checked for chip. Our vet concentrated on his poor sore ears and gave them a deep clean and is now on medication and steroids to be reviewed in 2 weeks when his next vaccination is due.

Very happy to leave the vets and a little resistant to jumping back in the crate in the back of the car but a little bit of manipulation so it became his idea and we were soon travelling back to kennels for another walk on a sunny day.
anne

Post by anne »

BuskyBear is a lovely natured, handsome boy. When his ears start to feel better we will hopefully get to see his smile.
Meanwhile I hope this photo makes you smile..........
buskybear6DSCF8988a.jpg
KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

Love this photo, Tongue out Friday! Hope you feel better BuskyBear and look forward to seeing you soon love4.gif
SarahMc

Post by SarahMc »

I met this lovely boy this morning. BuskyBear was very wary when I entered his kennel so I stood and offered him some treats which after a few minutes he happily took and was nuzzling my hand. Once we were friends we were off for a walk. He was a good boy and did sit and paw on command for a treat when back in his kennel.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

BuskyBear had a lovely walk with Toby today when Devon and EJ visited

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”