Arthur Ambull DofB 04.07.13 Camberley

Dogs that have found their forever home
rstephenson

Re: Arthur Ambull DofB 04.07.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by rstephenson »

We have just started walking Arthur recently, as we are the same household so it makes it a bit easier! On Saturday it was the 4th time we had walked Arthur, he has been such a good boy for us and we actually hadn’t witnessed his stressed behaviour so far!
A short while into our walk, we came across a horse. We managed to move to the side and luckily had plenty of room to give Arthur some space as the horse passed. He didn’t bat an eyelid! He let him pass and then charged straight on to continue with his walk bravo1.gif
Later on, we passed a family with two young children who were enjoying jumping in the huge puddles down the road, we moved as far over as we could but decided it may be best to keep him moving, and once again, he just carried on.
Towards the end of our walk, we met an off lead dog, they moved over to the side for us and we were able to pass. Arthur had one little jump up, but swiftly continued with his walk.
He is a lovely boy and always gives wonderful cuddles when he is in his kennel. But when out on his walk he is certainly a dog on a mission! :dog_running-186.gif:
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Arthur surpassed himself again today love4.gif
I love walking this beautiful boy, Arthur can be a bit of a stress head but he makes it so clear when he feels uncomfortable that is so easy to manage thumbs.gif
So a new walker today, Arthur had not met Elaine before but he was very keen to share the love and I think it's safe to say that he has another admirer love4.gif
Arthur was so fabulous on our walk today, no silliness at all. Arthur is now starting to take it all in, he's slowed down loads and is just enjoying his surroundings.
We ended up in the paddock where Arthur showed his true beautiful, loving nature, coming in for full on cuddles and kisses Kiss of love.gif
Love that Arthur is making new friends Kiss of love.gif
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Jude asked me if I would co-walk Arthur yesterday which of course I was happy to do. I hadn’t walked Arthur before but he was very happy for me to join the outing. Arthur is a rather unsure of the big wide world and spooks quite easily but his signs are obvious and a simple nah ah has him immediately settled and back on his way. Arthur is such a sweet boy and desperately just wants someone to show him the way. He is quick to trust and showed this too me yesterday with a lovely sit and even a tentative paw in exchange for some sausages. :crossfingers.gif: That Arthur’s family find him soon.
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

bravo1.gif
Arthur is coming along just fine. He's much less stressed and only has half hearted jumps when flustered. He gets flustered when he wants to approach people or dogs. This is far from aggressive, more inquisitive or playful.

He had no problem with the 3 offlead dogs running at him today. They were all barking at him and he didnt play up at all. Neither does he have any problem with Hugo in the next kennel to him. All in all he's not aggressive just stressed and in need of a steering hand.

We had a good walk and finished in the paddock. He's very affectionate and I know he would make a great friend for the right people.
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Wonderful video showing a beautifully calm and loving Arthur Kiss of love.gif
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

I always feel incredibly lucky to share a walk with Arthur, he's such an intuitive dog and so full of love love4.gif
Last week Arthur was a little more stressed than usual, I am almost certain that fireworks made our boy way more sensitive than normal and thankfully Arthur's walkers picked up on this and worked with him to keep him safe and comfortable thumbs.gif
So today Arthur was back, he's so very obvious in his body language and easy to read thumbs.gif Anne and I enjoyed a much longer walk than planned, as soon as Arthur excited his kennel he was way more chilled out, obviously relishing being out and about, so we got to the end of the lane and thought let's just keep going. We walked along the roads today, giving Arthur loads of space and avoiding any uncomfortable encounters, he did amazing thumbs.gif
So happy that Arthur is continuing on his positive journey, he's such an incredibly intelligent and loving dog who deserves the very best Kiss of love.gif
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff and I walked Arthur on Tuesday, he likes to set quite a fast pace (which I think could be part of his anxiety, because when he relaxes he slows down), he responds very well to vocal commands. Arthur is an anxious boy and this shows more if you have to slow down significantly or stop when passing other dogs or heavy traffic. Arthur jumped up twice on our walk, in response to a noisy dog and a thundering lorry, on both occasions a quick no, and pull on his lead and he settled straight away, giving himself a quick shake to slough off the nerves. Arthur needs confident humans who will help him to feel secure. :smiley-chores002.gif:
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Arthur is such a softy who's not sure what to do with himself at the times when he's stressed. He's been showing great progress with his anxieties and now has a regular group of walkers that he can rely on. His jumping up and grabbing hasn't disappeared but has greatly diminished.

The dog that Arthur can be is always clear to see when he's off lead and mooching in the paddock. Here he likes to wander around and always returns to the walker for frequent strokes. He doesn't jump up in the paddock nor is he grabby and it is welcome to see him calm.

A short vid of him relaxing.
rstephenson

Post by rstephenson »

Arthur was a very good boy today, and this was our best walk yet! As always, he gave us a lovely greeting when we entered his kennel, and from the moment we left he had a slack lead right through until we left the grounds and entered the woods, and he started his ‘time to wee’ pull!
He had a lovely gentle walk, where there was a slight pull on his harness lead, but no pull on his collar at all. He kept calm until about half way through our walk, at which point we seemed to enter ‘squirrel kingdom’, we have never seen so many squirrels on one walk! And all on the ground too. So that made things a bit more exciting for Arthur, and therefore he began to pull a bit more, but that was his only reaction, he did not jump once out of frustration from not being able to get to them.
We have also noticed he has started to take in his surroundings, and he will sniff and mark now. Previously he would do two (very long) wees, but the past few times he has done one, and then sniffed and marked throughout the remainder of the walk, definitely a sign he is becoming more comfortable.
We went to the paddock for the first time last week, and took him again today. He really is a gorgeous boy, he has a little mooch and sniff around, and then comes over for all the cuddles once he has had enough, and once he has finished with the cuddles he walks right to the paddock door and waits to go back on lead thumbs.gif Last week, Yoda the Akita was in the paddock behind him, and was trying to get his attention, Arthur just wandered on by, minding his own business. That was until Honey came along, and he decided Honey looked like a great friend! He followed her as she passed the outside of the paddock, tail wagging away! And then when we left he just had to go and sniff where she’d passed (a little crush I think!)
Although he does still have some stress on his walks, he is certainly getting more comfortable and calm. We’ve seen a change in just a short time of walking him! You can see how his environment makes such a difference from the way he is in the paddock, and so it would not take long in an understanding new home with a family willing to do a bit of work and trust with him for him to fully relax and just be a loving boy!

6F38565C-2552-4477-BB00-8A7DF7DF93C4.jpeg

Oh that’s the spot!
Oh that’s the spot!
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Such a handsome boy . So lovely to hear how he’s growing in confidence. You all do such brilliant work with the dogs , thank you 😊

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”