Arthur Ambull DofB 04.07.13 Camberley

Dogs that have found their forever home
StephenB

Re: Arthur Ambull DofB 04.07.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by StephenB »

Kiss of love.gif
We decided to give Arthur a few hours out of kennels and what a transformation. Arthur hasn't had a great life and has been finding kennel life stressful. He is responding to the time and care given him and everyone who knows him can see what a lovely boy he is underneath his anxieties.

So, front seat down, sheets to lay on, harness in seat belt and off we went:
20210128_111605_1.jpg
He was pretty good on the journey home (even better on the way back) and landed at the hacienda for some R&R in good shape.

Initially excited with the new environment, he had free run of the place and the garden and was not destructive in any way. He left everything alone except the toys and the box they were in....which bit the dust late on!

Arthur showed what an affectionate mutt he really is, just wanting to be at my side and giving as much attention as he got. When I was at the table eating or on the phone he was happy with his own company and didnt get up to anything untoward. He is such a lovely dog and fitted in quite nicely.

I was surprised how he liked playing with the toys and kept dropping them at my feet. Manys a time that I have to fetch the tennis ball myself while in the paddock! Home life@#$

He wasn't sure how to sit or lie on the sofa, but got the hang of it quickly as we had some time to ourselves; mano y mano! He began to accept the quiet time but the odd stressful whimper was still to be heard. What a lovely boy....did I already say that? Anyway, some vids and photos of our few hours together. I nearly phoned Lynne to keep him for the night but have obligations in the morning. Can't say enough about him. He is bursting to give of himself and enjoy life.

20210128_130122_1.jpg
20210128_130241_1.jpg
20210128_135220_1.jpg

Attachments
20210128_141025_1.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Wonderful update thumbs.gif
Love seeing Arthur so very relaxed and happy, the videos of him enjoying sofa cuddles are just the best, such a loving boy Kiss of love.gif
Thank you Stephen, seeing Arthur enjoying a taste of home life has certainly put a big smile on my face thumbs.gif
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

How lovely to see this beautiful boy enjoying some home comforts , thank you .
He looks so happy to be cuddled up , bless him such a handsome boy
KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

Great to see Arthur looking so relaxed and enjoying the comforts at Chez Stephen B! thumbs.gif
Nic

Post by Nic »

Awww Stephen love this! When he brings the squeeky toy over to you, best boy!
anne

Post by anne »

Arthur is enjoying relaxed time in the paddock with his friends. He enjoys exploring with his nose and finding some unusual and interesting things (including some yummy treats) which have been put there for him to enjoy. Yesterday he spent some time there with one of his favourtie people, Jude. I was lucky to be able to observe and see how calm he was and how he enjoys fuss and attention too.
arthur7DSCF0916.jpg
arthur8DSCF0926.jpg
arthur9DSCF0935.jpg
arthur10DSCF0944.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Beautiful photos love4.gif
So as you can see from Stephen's wonderful update and Anne's beautiful photos, Arthur is an incredibly loving boy, once relaxed and away from the things that make this darling boy anxious his true, gentle nature is revealed, he is simply beautiful, inside and out Kiss of love.gif
To make Arthur's paddock time more interesting whilst also allowing him to just be himself, we have been putting little things for him to discover and it's so fantastic to see him getting the most out of this time, he's so very cute when he finds the treats, so pleased with himself thumbs.gif once he's had a good explore he'll then check in for some cuddles, he absolutely loves a good massage and yes he has a spot where if you get it right then his back leg goes!! woo.gif]
Arthur was very keen to make friends with Anne and while she was taking photos he went over to give out one of his very special kisses love4.gif
Arthur has a great routine going, he's enjoying some lovely walks with his regular walkers, relaxing time in the paddock and most recently his wonderful trip to Stephens, all of which are doing wonders for his confidence thumbs.gif
I usually visit Arthur at the end of a days walking and if he's not eaten his dinner I sit next to him and feed him, he takes his food oh so gently and we both take this opportunity to have yet more cuddles. Arthur doesn't have a bad bone in his body and he is so full of love with the biggest heart ❤️ Love this boy.
rstephenson

Post by rstephenson »

It was great to see Arthur loved his day out and see how relaxed he is in a house! thumbs.gif
Today, we took Arthur on a longer walk than usual and did a double loop. We met 3 dogs; two were some Terrier friends also from
RR who kindly moved aside for us to pass - not a peep from Arthur. The third dog was a puppy Cockapoo, who was pulling to say hello to Arthur, but we were able to pass with enough space. Arthur looked between me and Matt a few times for reassurance, we stayed wide but kept the leads loose, and no jump! wheyhey.gif
He is responding really well to corrections on the lead if he is pulling too hard, it seems to give him a little reassurance that we are here and he can relax.
After our second loop, we decided to try some ‘wait’ commands out in the open where no one was actually passing us. We stopped wide and asked him to wait, he gave us a little look, and calmly waited. He knows what to do, he just needs to get use to those little stressors.
The paddock was occupied today, but we did a little loop around the more open area, and stopped for a little onlead cuddle. bighug.gif
He is doing so well, and everyone is doing such a good job with him woo.gif]
rstephenson

Post by rstephenson »

Another fabulous walk with Arthur today 0077.gif
We stopped and waited for horses and a bike, with no trouble at all.
We took him to the paddock, but it was a bit too muddy for him today, so instead came instantly for cuddles and then back to his kennel for some more.
He really is a loving boy and has so much to give!

CFCCA2FB-6E3B-4D30-A199-DA408647C34A.jpeg
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

bighug.gif
After a little garden exploration Arthur and I took to the sofa and eased ourselves into noddy land. Half a day goes so quickly!
20210211_123552.jpg
20210211_140815.jpg
Arthur is happy and at ease indoors and is great to have around. He likes to be near and his anxieties melt away when he settles....which doesn't take much.
20210211_140929.jpg
20210211_125740.jpg
20210211_125750.jpg
20210211_154620.jpg
20210211_154926.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”