Albert Shar pei DofB 19.12.15 Cardiff Wales

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Albert Shar pei DofB 19.12.15 Cardiff Wales

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
albert1DSCF8517a.jpg
Albert's Story: Albert's owner has lost her job and home. Albert has lived with 3 Shih Tzus and is a good boy, just a little nervous meeting new people. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Albert is neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Albert was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
albert2DSCF8517.jpg
albert3DSCF8511.jpg
albert4DSCF8522a.jpg
albert5DSCF8523a.jpg
Albert's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Albert's owner Lost of job, Lost of home, Unable to afford meds for Albert and needs to place Albert into safe hands and to get his fur treated

Albert came into us on 11th September 2020
Albert1.JPG
Albert3.JPG
Albert8.JPG
Albert.JPG
anne

Re: Albert Shar pei DofB 19.12.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Albert seems a gentle soul. He is very nervous and overwhelmed by his new surroundings but I entered his kennel and just stood still and let him sniff me. When he was ready I clipped on leads and we headed out into the sunshine. Claire helped me with his photoshoot and he posed magnificently, dignified and almost regal. He stood quietly and just observed when a group of people with 2 dogs walked past. Albert and I then set off for a stroll around the woods. Albert walked at a very leisurely pace, taking his own time to sniff and investigate with his nose.
albert6DSCF8524.jpg
albert7DSCF8527.jpg
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Bless his heart ...having lived with other dogs is a great plus for this boy ....his skin looks quite sore... Kiss of love.gif
Broomstick

Post by Broomstick »

Poor Albert, he must be in quite a bit of discomfort, hopefully it will be something which is easy to treat and he makes a full recovery. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

How is Albert doing ... Kiss of love.gif
anne

Post by anne »

Albert is doing great. He has been to the vet to have his skin and eyes assessed and is already feeling better. He had a long walk yesterday following another dog, as he prefers canine company for his walks, and today he helped me with a supported walk for a new walker. This morning he was happy to follow Bruno staffie, plodding along happily in the sunshine, stopping for lots of sniffs along the way. Albert is quite nervous in his kennel but this morning when I went in to see him, he was tucked up in his bed but as soon as I got the leads out, he got up and came over ready for an adventure. This was much better than yesterday when he was much more nervous and reluctant to even come over and sniff me. Onwards and upwards for lovely Albert. thumbs.gif
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Thank you Anne ...he sounds lovely Kiss of love.gif
MaddieH

Post by MaddieH »

I had the pleasure of walking Mr Albert the day after he arrived and although it was saddening to see him so disheveled, by the end of the walk I had a big smile on my face seeing what a lovely temperament he has! I look forward to seeing him flourish love4.gif
Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 »

This beautiful boy helped me with Kiki's homing today and proved himself again as a steady loving lad. My second time of walking him and he welcomed me into his kennel, gently took a couple of bits of dried chicken sausage and we were off. He does enjoy walking with another dog but today surprised me by having a little jog when we needed to catch up plus he very quickly cottoned on that if he stopped I would produce the magic chicken to tempt him into moving again. A gorgeous boy that doesn't keep the Shar pei aloofness for too long and is very quickly your friend. Can't wait to see this lad back to full health and enjoying the warmth of family life again love4.gif
renatatlek

Post by renatatlek »

First walk with Albert yesterday for us. At the beginning he stayed away, when Norbert came in the second time, he was more friendly :). He was a bit startled by the sounds from the woodland, but happy to move on with a bit of encouragement. Passed dogs on the way, stopped, but didn't react. Hope Albert will find a loving home before winter!
Renata&Norbert

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”