Hugo (Yoda) Japanese x American Akita DofB 30.10.18 Polegate

Dogs that have found their forever home
SarahW

Re: Yoda Japanese x American Akita DofB 30.10.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW »

Yoda is such a great dog. Wonderful to see him having fun in the paddock.

I always stop to say hello and give him a treat when I walk past his run on a Saturday. He is a real charmer and such a happy-natured boy.
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
renatatlek

Post by renatatlek »

Another great walk with Yoda today. He is such a lovely good looking dog, many people stop and ask about him :-).
He is very easy going on his walks, moves from right to left side of the path to sniff around, doesn't pull on the lead. He can also sit and give paw for a treat, though at some point he was fed up with me asking for it, hahha. You also better have the treats he likes, he can be fussy and pushes away with his nose those that are not that tasty to him :-).

20210515_112423.jpg

20210515_112433.jpg

20210515_113713.jpg
Renata&Norbert
Ian B

Post by Ian B »

Had a really nice walk this hot and humid afternoon with Yoda, whom I've now walked several times.
He was keen to leave his kennel but easy to distract and get the leads on. Due to the conditions we took it steady and kept to the shady woods. Yoda doesn't pull and isn't a fast walker. He loves to sniff and weaves from side to side to maximise his opportunities. By doing this he probably doubles the length of his walks! He isn't fazed by traffic, horses, joggers and walkers and was fine when approached by barking dogs in gardens. Yoda loves the water and we stopped at 3 streams for him to have a drink and paddle. He's calm and affectionate and will brush into you and lick you. When we returned he wanted to go to the paddock where we had a splash around in the water bath and a stroll off lead.
He's an easy walk and I really look forward to my sessions with Yoda.
Angharadbp

Post by Angharadbp »

The gorgeous Yoda! He’s just a big friendly giant really. He always gets so excited when I go to his kennel to take him out. He doesn’t pull on the lead and if he does he always checks back on me roflmao.gif
I love our walks together, and he likes a good cuddle too. Fingers crossed he finds his forever home soon!! Xx
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I have been working at the kennels a few days a week and I have to say Yoda is such a character, he is very bright. Every time I see his face he makes me smile. I will have to get a picture of his super cute head tilt! love4.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Ian B

Post by Ian B »

Had another really nice afternoon walk with Yoda yesterday.
We crossed the road and went to the showjumping premises. That footpath wasn't too muddy but others on my usual route would have been so I thought I'd try a more urban walk and see how Yoda got on in a busier enviroment.
We walked down the road under the motorway, then past the community centre , school, shops and into Smallfield Cricket Ground.
Yoda walked calmy as usual and wasn't fazed by traffic, cyclists, pedestrians (some stopped to admire him), schoolkids, a domestic cat, wild squirrels, barking dogs from gardens or an on lead pug in the cricket field.
For a large dog, he doesn't pull on the lead and is more a sniffer than a mover! I found that whereas on rural walks he prefers to walk in front and weave to get maximum sniffing opportunities, when I was on the pavement in the village he was happy to be alongside me on the verge.
In the cricket ground he rolled onto his back and rolled on the grass and we had a play. He then wanted to have a run , which we did. We then walked back on the main road for a bit before cutting through a footpath and returning alongside the school.
We had a really nice time.
Hopefully there is a large breed owner out there who will give Yoda his forever home.
renatatlek

Post by renatatlek »

We have walked with Yoda quite a few times now and see how much more responsive to us he got. At first he would simply focus on sniffing things around, not bothered by who leads him. Now he stops a few times and looks, starts to play or asks for a treat (not all treats are good for Yoda, quite a fussy one, haha, so I make sure I have the ones he likes with me). On the last two occasions he was also very calm to get out, not as bouncy as usual. Nice walks as always, never a problem passing dogs (if at a reasonable distance), if closer, he might give them a bark.
20210626_142114-2.jpg
20210710_140143.jpg
Hope there is this special home for Yoda - such a great dog!
Renata&Norbert
VeganLaura

Post by VeganLaura »

I took this gorgeous boy out for our first walk together yesterday! He trotted along at a gentle pace and waited very calmly if we needed to stop and let others pass us by along the path. We walked up through the woods and all the way to the stream where he was able to have a drink and cool off before we headed back to the paddock to have a good run around off lead ☺️
IMG_6424_opt.jpg
bridgeford

Post by bridgeford »

Had my first walk with the lovely Yoda yesterday. I've been thinking about walking him for a while but have been a little worried he might overpower me as he is so big and I am pretty short. However one of the other walkers persuaded me that, looks could be deceiving and that he was a gentle boy. So I took the plunge. Offputtingly, he barked when I approached the kennel but it was just excitement. Clipping on the leads was no problem and he didn't pull at all leaving the kennels even though he was obviously desperate for a pee. Once out he was brilliant, he kept looking at me for guidance and he didn't pull once. I stayed on-site/very close as it was a very hot day and poor Yoda wears a very thick coat, I was concerned he might overheat. I took him down to the stream a couple of times to so he could cool down but we stayed out for a good 45 mins. He was a perfect gentleman at all times, no pulling, no barking, no problem with vehicles, dogs, squirrels, birds or other dog walkers. I was amazed at how tolerant he is, one of the staff, seized the opportunity (seeing him out of his kennel) to try and rid him of some of his winter coat. He didn't complain at having chucks of hair pulled (gently) out, he positively loved it, he obviously loves attention/affection. The only time he was at all worried was when we passed the office block at the end of the kennel driveway, there was a great crowd of people (mainly men) outside (a fire alarm test, I think), he looked very wary but kept looking at me for guidance so I kept talking to him gently and we passed by without incident.

So I now have a new dog on my 'must walk every week' list, it's growing alarmingly!
Though my big question is, why has no-one snapped him up, he's such a wonderful dog? love4.gif
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

Handsome Yoda was my special guest here at the self contained doggo BnB with his great friend Walker Rebecca , Yoda enjoyed having a good grooming in the shade as his coat was getting very heavy for this weather ! 👍 😎

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”