Hugo (Yoda) Japanese x American Akita DofB 30.10.18 Polegate

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Hugo (Yoda) Japanese x American Akita DofB 30.10.18 Polegate

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
yoda1DSCF8243a.jpg
Hugo's Story: Hugo was sold via a free ad and picked up from a drunken house party and police refused to give back. Sweet natured boy in receiving kennels. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Hugo is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Hugo is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.
• Young man who relates so well to his people in an aloof way and head tilts whilst you talk to him
• Typical Akita, paws on to your shoulders and can get excited mouthy if he knows its time for walk or paddock
• Easy to walk. Housetrained.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
yoda2DSCF8252.jpg
yoda3DSCF8234a.jpg
yoda4DSCF8209a.jpg
yoda5DSCF8219.jpg
yoda6DSCF8240.jpg
Hugo's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We were asked to save Hugo's life as receiving Rescue assessed him as needing a chance to go into the right hands. Police was picked up 10 days later when he had 'mouthed' someone reddened skin was when he was walked through a house party having been kept in the bathroom for 3 hours out of the way. Everyone was drunk and he was confused.
Yoda1.jpg
Yoda.jpg
heleny

Hugo (Yoda) Akita DofB 30.10.18 Comes 1.9.20

Post by heleny »

Poor Hugo. What these dogs are expected to put up with. I was there when he arrived yesterday - what a lovely looking boy. Onwards and upwards in RR's care Yoda.
anne

Hugo (Yoda) Akita DofB 30.10.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Hugo is a stunning boy. Jo made friends with him and I joined her to do his photoshoot. Hugo is a little aloof with people as Akita's tend to be but he is a calm, gentle boy for his size and was happy to accept attention and fuss. He was very chilled passing all the other dogs in their kennels. We then took him to the paddock and his prime focus was checking out all the new smells while keeping an eye on what was happening outside.
yoda7DSCF8246.jpg
yoda8DSCF8254a.jpg
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Wow gorgeous boy . Onwards and upwards Hugo, only love and affection from now on
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

k2727.gif What a fantastic looking boy , Hugo is my rescue dog of the week on Susy Radio and I will be telling our listeners all about him this morning
xxlynne

Hugo (Yoda) Japanese x American Akita DofB 30.10.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Busy day for Hugo today pleasant time in the paddock followed by a walk with Helen then off to the vet. Yoda was managed on a muzzle through pre-med and was neutered, and 1sr Vax'd. He was in good health and good humour jumping in the dog mobile after his visit and seemed happy to be home again.
Prillypopz

Post by Prillypopz »

I walked Hugo on Saturday and absolutely loved every second with him.

He is very calm and laid back, and I found putting his leads on easy. He isn't particularly bothered by other dogs in neighbouring kennels, just seemed more nosy than anything - I think he wanted to see what all the fuss was about!

We walked into the woods and the first thing I noticed is that he is a plodder. He doesn't rush for anyone, he enjoys taking his time and smelling (and peeing on!) every flower and plant he walks past. He had an itch up against a tree. Generally had a laid-back mooch around, without a single tug on the lead. He didn't seem too impressed with crossing a road full of cars, but didn't let it stop him and crossed without an issue.

He is a beautiful boy. Slightly aloof, but still checks in with you every so often. He did seem to flinch a few times if I gave him a reassuring pat he wasn't expecting, which was heartbreaking - but given his background also not surprising.

This boy needs a home full of love, somewhere to call his own and know that he is safe forever.

I'm rooting for you Hugo, but I'll be more than happy to walk you in the meantime! love4.gif
119681720_10164746548760144_7338650713449019092_n.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I had my first walk with Hugo last Saturday. I thought he was going to be massive and a real puller! Once I went to get him out of his kennel I realised he was not as big as I first thought and he is very well mannered on the lead. We walked down the narrow grass verge by the road and he was a dream walking to heel.

He is a very chilled boy when walking and lovely to hang out with. If you love a bigger, fluffy dog then Yoda is the one for you!

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

I’d been hearing such lovely reports from other walkers about Hugo and so I decided I was long overdue a meeting with the handsome lad. I took my opportunity to introduce myself and one of our new walkers as part of a supported and Hugo was a total gent. He greeted Tom nicely in his kennel and was a lovely respectful boy during our walk, no pulling just a nice respectful pace and a good old sniff. A couple of times Hugo showed me his puppy side by gently mouthing my hand to get attention but there was no pressure and a no signal soon had him stopping and rubbing his head in hand instead as all he wanted was some love and a fuss. Yoda has missed out on some of the usual puppy training and so will need an owner who is happy to teach big baby the things he’s missed out on to date. I don’t think though this will take long as Hugo is an intelligent and motivated lad who loves his treats and therefore I think will be a very willing student. Yoda is a gentle lad who really just wants someone to love him and restore his faith in humans. Could you be that person?

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”