Fredo Spanish Hound DofB 8.4.15 Havant

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Fredo Spanish Hound DofB 8.4.15 Havant

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
fredo1DSCF7427a.jpg
Fredo's Story: Fredo has come from Spain and still owned by a Spanish Rescue. They are paying for his keep and we are helping them to find Fredo his new home. Fredo is good around dogs and shared his foster home with another male for 3 months. He likes to play and does play hard. Ideal to share with a female. Can show nerves in a home as unsure he has had 'home life'. Needs confident owner who can settle his nerve and bear with him with his cluncky approach to living in a home. Fredo is neutered, chipped, and Rabies vaccination. Fredo is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
fredo2DSCF7418a.jpg
fredo3DSCF7434.jpg
fredo4DSCF7446.jpg
Fredo's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Fredo has jumped out of 2 homes recently one on basis despite fab intro to cats he came out 3 days later deemed not good with cats, and then concern over family member he growled. Never bitten or harmed.
anne

Re: Fredo Spanish Hound DofB 8.4.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Fredo is a sweet natured boy. I entered his kennel and he came close to sniff me up and down. Happy to receive some fuss and have his leads clipped on, we headed out for a short shady walk under the trees. Fredo did not react to the other dogs coming out and was happy to greet walker, Mel, who was also keen to meet him.
True to his breed traits his nose went stright to the ground to explore his surroundings. We ambled around the woods and then stopped to do his photoshoot. Fredo seems a calm, friendly boy and in a supportive environment he will settle and thrive, I am sure.
fredo5DSCF7420.jpg
fredo6DSCF7421.jpg
fredo7DSCF7443.jpg
fredo8DSCF7445.jpg
heleny

Post by heleny »

I met Fredo today when I offered him a bone through his pen door - he very graciously accepted it and took it straight to his bed. Lovely boy!
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Is he a tall basset?! 0002.gif] What a unique looking lad! The right home will come along for you Fredo Kiss of love.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

He has the look of a basset on stilts ..gorgeous Kiss of love.gif
aloepeter

Post by aloepeter »

He has the look of a basset on stilts ..gorgeous
Looks like he's a Sabueso Espanol and, therefore, "a basset on stilts". One website says "smaller than a Bloodhound"! Either way it seems like he's a hunter :smiley-chores002.gif: Alfredo here says "Hola!

I've just looked back up the thread and seen the additional info re background. Yes, sounds remarkably like my own dear boy. If that's the case then it will be well worth the time and effort to settle him into a home.
Last edited by aloepeter on Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
SarahMc

Post by SarahMc »

Oh he looks lovely 🥰
Prillypopz

Post by Prillypopz »

I got to walk this lovely lad on Saturday. He is funny, he's very gangly (all legs!) and as soon as he is out of the kennels his nose goes straight to the ground and he's off. Not sure what he's tracking, but he's definitely hunting something (wabbits!)

Had zero issues walking him, he listens to you very well and is happy to change direction or stop when asked. He loved going for a splash in the stream when we got there, paddling up and down for a few minutes before setting off again.

I'll admit I didnt quite realise how big a dog he was, and clearly used the wrong leads as I had to be careful not to step on his back feet!
chloe_stockwell

Post by chloe_stockwell »

I met lovely Fredo on Saturday and he is such a sweetie 💕

A little nervous upon first meeting but nothing 3 gravy bones couldnt fix! Then he let me clip on his leads and off we went.

As other have said he is all legs and has a funny gangly walk about him, and his hound genes were certainly on point with his nose to the ground a lot of the time!

I took him up to the top of the lane and he didn't seem to like the cars very much, so we diverted back and did a couple of laps around the grounds instead. We saw another dog in one of the paddocks and Fredo wanted to play! It was very cute seeing them interact through the fence trying to catch each other 🥰
heleny

Post by heleny »

Fredo now realises that, although I don't walk him, I am the one who brings him and that little row of dogs near him, nice treats. He saw me from a distance and got so excited. He enjoyed the chicken and bits of cheese I gave him through his pen door. What an amazing character he is - so quirky to look at, so lovely in nature. I just hope he finds his home soon as it sounds as if he has spent most of his life in kennel care and he deserves his own special place and human. Heart fill with love.gif] :crossfingers.gif: Heart fill with love.gif] :crossfingers.gif:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”