down hill. I miss him so much, everyone he met wanted to stroke him and
he was quite happy to let them. I had him for such a short time but he
stole my heart. I thought we would have a few years together but it
just wasnt to be

Thank you for giving me the time he and I had together I am so greatful
for every second.

Doreen
Lenny (2).jpg
Lenny's Story: Lenny was found abandoned and unclaimed within a Norfolk council pound early 2019 which is closing summer 2020. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Lenny is neutered, chipped, and is fully vaccinated. Lenny was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
lenny2DSCF7678.jpg
lenny3DSCF7682.jpg
lenny4DSCF7690.jpg
lenny5DSCF7699.jpg
Lenny's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Lenny. Rottie x gsd. He's approximately 8 years old. He is very head shy due to dreadful ear problems when he arrived with us which we have treated but vet said its an on going thing. He also has a lump on his left shoulder which we were told that it's a hair follicle. He has a lovely temperament but as I say can snap if you rough him up too much around his head. He won't let you put slip lead on. He's selective with dogs but again favours the ladies. He's fully vaccd but not castrated. Tx
Lenny.jpeg
Lenny2.jpeg
Lenny3.jpeg
Lenny4.jpeg
SarahW

Re: Lenny Rottie x GSD DofB ?2010 Comes once kennel available

Post by SarahW »

Awww you can see two wonderful breeds = Lenny. Looking forward to meeting you, smiley boy!
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
xxlynne

Re: Lenny Rottie x GSD DofB ?2010 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Lenny arrived today from his long journey. He was found stray early March in a very sad state. He has since had vetiary care for his ears; skin; and vaccination. He was wormed and flea treated.

Lenny was fussed over on arrival and a harness and new collar applied then a photo shoot to get his smile out there.

Lenny has an old boy (I estimate 10 years old) Rottie vibe about him. He will be adored.

Lenny goes into our vets tomorrow for neutering; ear inspection and treatment under Gen an. He wil,k also have a dental and his lumps and bumps explored. I will ask our dedicated vet nurses and brush his coat out whilst he is asleep as it isnt nice. Tomorrow evening when I bring him back from his pamper sesseion Lenny will be able to look his new life in the face and welcome new beginnings.
anne

Post by anne »

I was one of the lucky people there to welcome Lenny to RR. He seems a lovely friendly boy as long as your approach is slow and careful and then he is happy to be close. He was really good having his new harness and collar put on and posed beautifully for his photos.
lenny6DSCF7704.jpg
lenny7DSCF7705.jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Lenny jumped into the back of the dog mobile this am with a little coaxing. He sat on my feet while we waited outside for my vet. He was a little bit techy t snappy to receive his premed so I managed to muzzle him which he was a little resistant too but afterwards settled down out of his muzzle waiting for the premed to take effect. And we waited... he seemed to get more lively and want ed to play with his lead so I took him for a little walk then worried he would suddenly go wobbly kneed on me so we went back. Tried to keep calm and quiet to help the seditative to wor.... umm 25 mins later he was lying down but as the vet came out he stood up bright and welcoming. So we had to go through the muzzle routine again for a further injection and my vet asked could I stay with him until he settled...I looked not convinced and suggest they put him in a quiet room for t to take effect. She said great tighten the muzzle and I'll take him in. Story was 1/2 hour later he was still aroused and managed to get the muzzle off whilst they were trying to put him under the GenAn! Lenny wasn't letting go of his consciousness..but then with 3 of them they managed him.

Lenny had his ears cleaned: Teeth check and 1 molar removed; castrated; glands down; claws clipped and a lump removed from his left neck shoulder area. It was gungy but my vet felt not to send it for analysis. At my request the vet nurses got a lot of his under coat out while he was sleeping. Yesterday I got the impression he was brindle but today realised blackish brown top coat and reddish fawn under coat.

After the attempts to knock him out my vets weren't going to ruffle his feathers by taking his muzzle off, which was around his neck. he let me do so as he came out. 4 refusals to jump into the back for the dog mobile and suddenly he did it PHEW! Lenny can now relax he is fully vaccinated wormed and flea treated.

Lenny is beginning to look less moth eaten Im waiting in a couple of weeks to see the shine come into his eyes. Soft gentle boy.
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

What a day Lynne .
Bless his heart , Im sure he’ll be feeling much better tomorrow.
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

What a lovely looking boy ! Thank you Lynne for taking him to the vet for a full mot and plenty of much needed work done on the boy, he is now ready for a loving new home having got all that out of the way at the vets.........

Well done Lenny , life will get better from now on and I look forward to seeing you at the kennels very soon.

Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif]
Stevesmj

Post by Stevesmj »

:smiley-bounce016.gi:
Met the Lenny today. Must say, when I walked past his kennel he seemed a little scary. False alarm as he turned out to be a big softy. He is touchy if he thinks you're going near his recent operation and he put his mouth near the leads a couple of times when they rubbed his scar, but he was very attentive and walked great.

During the walk we took a few time outs and lenny sat still by the feet and soaked up the attention. Staying away from his ears and op scar he received the petting in a calm and grateful manner. It was lovely and calming. Hoping Lenny felt the same positivo1.gif
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Me and Anne had exactly the same experience with beautiful Lenny love4.gif
He was looking out of his kennel so wanting to get out for a stroll and not knowing this boy we decided to walk him together, not really necessary though other than Lenny really enjoyed double the attention thumbs.gif
Lenny is a beauty, I reckon he's had a tough life but he's very ready to move into his retirement home and oh my goodness how he will thrive Kiss of love.gif
Stevesmj

Post by Stevesmj »

Heart fill with love.gif]
Got a bit more Lenny time yesterday. What a fabulous beast. He's very calm and affectionate
and likes to be nearby, sitting on the foot when possible. He's lovely to walk and doesn't seem to bothered by passing dogs.

I forgot myself and stroked his head before I remembered that he'd recently had ear treatment. He was fine about it. Lenny kept bringing the ball over but we couldn't play because of his recent operation and sore paw. What a lovely dog.

A couple of vids

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”