Bolt Deaf Crossbreed DofB 01.09.15 Sutton

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Bolt Deaf Crossbreed DofB 01.09.15 Sutton

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
bolt1DSC09441 (1) (002).jpg
Bolt's Story: Bolt was seized and his owner prosecuted so has been in kennels 2 years awaiting outcome. Now released for homing. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life as his receiving kennels are closing. Bolt is now neutered, chipped, and is fully vaccinated. Bolt was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
bolt2DSC09447 (1).JPG
bolt3DSCF7548.jpg
bolt4DSCF7557.jpg
bolt5DSCF7555.jpg
Bolt's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Bolt is a beautiful lab x. Completely deaf. He's approximately 3 yrs old. He's an amazing boy that needs the understanding and time to bring on. He has a habit of leg humping which can be an issue getting him off as he's deaf. He is OK with some dogs mainly females. He is fully vaccd but not castrated. Tx
Bolt.jpeg
Jan Case

Re: Bolt Deaf Crossbreed DofB 01.09.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jan Case »

Oh sweetheart, welcome to RR bighug.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Lovely to meet Bolt today, he was very excited to have arrived :D
DSC09447.JPG
DSC09448.JPG
DSC09449.JPG
DSC09436.JPG
Welcome sweetie pie, what a friendly lad - yes he did hump Paige and Ella's legs but he'd only just arrived and it was all new to him so let's give him time to settle and recognise where he is with lots of walkers to love him
Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Stevesmj

Post by Stevesmj »

Bolt is a friendly lad and a bundle of energy. Difficult to wear this boy out. He took to ministering to my many horsefly bites! Not sure if it's hygienic but it felt good.
anne

Post by anne »

I went to meet Bolt and take him out for a walk today. He was much calmer today than when he arrived and he did not put a paw wrong. I was delighted by his friendliness, his controlled energy and his lovely happy nature. We enjoyed a walk around the woods, Bolt spending most of the time with his nose to the ground.
bolt7DSCF7553.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Ok so this little sweetheart has wormed his way into my affections. He is very calm and relaxed on his walk, spending most of his time sniffing. This afternoon we walked with Jude and Jack(dog) and Bolt was very interested in Jack and all his antics. Jack likes rolling in the grass a lot and Bolt just stood quietly watching him. I was told he knows a couple of commands so I got eye contact and gave him the signal to sit and he did so immediately. He is very bright and willing and would be a fabulous boy to teach.
heleny

Post by heleny »

I hadn't been to the kennels for a couple of weeks and therefore had not seen Bolt. What a beautiful boy with such a lovely gentle, wise face. I gave him a bone through his pen door which he politely took. Lovely boy - my heart goes out to any animal with the disability of deafness and I so hope he finds his forever home soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
anne

Post by anne »

Bolt is FABULOUS!
He really connects with your body movements and the slightest tweak on the lead and he looks round to see what you want to do. Bolt likes to sniff his way around his walk which I guess is compensation for his not being able to hear.
Bolt met 2 different off lead dogs this morning and on both occasions greeted them in a polite and friendly manner. He passed walkers, joggers, bikes without any fuss at all. He seems to take everything in his stride. thumbs.gif
Here he is strutting his stuff.
bolt1DSCF7852.jpg
bolt2DSCF7853.jpg
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

Met the lovely Bolt for the first time today, he was happy to see me and easy to get out of his kennel, we set off up the road no problems, Bolt became a bit insecure when we headed back towards the kennels after a little way and started to hug my leg and gently mouth my jacket, I have experienced this many times with young dogs in kennels, he was a bit puppyish but then we met Ros with her son and walked with them and their two respective dogs, when Bolt was a totally different dog.....he did..as many do...gain comfort and re assurance from his doggy pals and forgot all about hugging my leg and pulling my jacket....

We then had a lovely long walk with the other kennel dogs and he was very friendly and sweet to dogs that passed us.

He didn't want to be left in his kennel and started to hug my leg again as I put him back, I threw some cooked chicken to the back of the kennel and quickly shut the door, again a teqnique I have used many times ,Bolt dearly wants to be loved and would shine in a home.

All in all very impressed and am sure Bolt would settle in a home where he can relax, he's a lovely looking boy who in no way appears to be worried at all he can't hear, he loves being stroked and fussed !

I was concentrating on making sure he was relaxed so unfortunately did not take a photo, next time Bolt, next time. Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif]
anne

Post by anne »

After a long day of walking yesterday I was feeling tired but had not caught up with my friend, Bolt, so I took him to the paddock. I sat down on the grass and Bolt, after having a wander and a sniff around, came and sat beside me. He either leant against me for cuddles or rolled on his back for tummy tickles. Bolt is a really affectionate boy and would love a family home where he would get lots of attention and exercise and perhaps do some scent work or learn some tricks to use that smart brain of his.
bolt1DSCF8419a.jpg
bolt2DSCF8418.jpg
bolt3DSCF8422.jpg
bolt4DSCF8427.jpg
bolt5DSCF8425.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”