Bear Border Collie DofB 01.03.18 Gatwick Kenns

xxlynne

Bear Border Collie DofB 01.03.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
bear1DSCF4727a.jpg
Bear's Story: Bear was found abandoned and unclaimed within a Welsh council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Bear is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Bear was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
bear2DSCF4730.jpg
bear3DSCF4716a.jpg
bear4DSCF4723.jpg
bear5DSCF4713a.jpg
bear6DSCF4743.jpg
Bear's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 13.04.20: Hi Lynne,

Can we plan for Wednesday 15th April for delivery please.
A little bit of a difference case but would you consider taking a Border collie Male, he went out to another rescue who returned him to us saying he's too excitable on seeing other dogs. We've not seen this while back with us. he's struggling in boarding kennels we currently have him due to the lock down he's not able to go out on walks as no volunteers are allowed there and the kennels only have 2 people in.
I totally understand if not.

Kirsty
Bear.jpg
anne

Re: Bear Border Collie DofB 01.03.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Bear is a wonderful, friendly boy who must have been loved and cherished in the past. He loved spending time in the paddock with Evie and I yesterday, showing us how gentle and clever he is. He wants to play and learn as you would expect from a collie. Evie gently brushed out his coat which he loved. He loves to chase a ball, bringing it back and dropping at your feet and then showing how he can sit and wait, with total focus and concentration on Evie while she was working with him.
bear7DSCF4703.jpg
bear8DSCF4711.jpg
bear9DSCF4727.jpg
bear10DSCF4741.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Briefly met the gorgeous Bear today, popped into his kennel and he came and sat by the door to wait for his leads to be out on, super clever, that’s a collie for you thumbs.gif

Couldn’t resist a quick outing - he ignored the other dogs in their kennels as we headed out, sweet boy xxx
3F154DD7-7E66-4981-BC9C-9DDBF98C5B3C.jpeg
F7EDD6ED-25AE-4372-ACA0-4AAF87F66667.jpeg
Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Such a lovely dog Bear x
xxlynne

Bertie (Bear) Border Collie DofB 01.03.18 Horley

Post by xxlynne »

(Since returned)
Margaret and Stephen came to meet Bear today and couldn't bear! to leave him here.
58E3D037-ACF7-4F83-A9DA-0B1C50A24BEA.jpeg
836965E6-6EBB-48C1-BF69-2DAD3FC6D893.jpeg

Bear will become a local dog in our vicinity and will enjoy hearing his updates as he settles in his new home.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Bear spent a lovely week in a home and was given great walks and times. His vaccination process was begun and he was started on the path of grooming. He made 2 mistakes in the week both involved him 'holding' an intrusive limb. Bear held an arm to halt grooming, and a hand when his collar was held to restrain him from going out the door. He did graze the skin on the second account. Sadly due to grandchildren being an integral part of their life, it was felt Bear couldn't trusted around intrusive clumsy children.

Bear also is drawn towards moving traffic so needs special care and further staged exposure to help him check his chase drive. Bear meets dogs very well and it was felt he would benefit from living with another dog.

Our gratitude for the care he was given and this will help us target the right family to meet his needs.
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I met Bear in his kennel for the first time yesterday. I had no trouble putting his harness on, even though Bear has a very long coat and he allowed me to manage this while I fastened the harness. We went on a lead walk, and he is as light as a feather on the lead and very well behaved. We stayed in the woods and he did show some nerves when we neared a road and he heard the traffic, but we continued on through the woods and he settled quickly. Bear, as true to his breed, is very alert all the time and no squirrel or bird gets missed. In fact, he walks along looking up into the trees 0002.gif]
Bear is a very friendly, affectionate boy and I took to him very quickly. I gave him some off lead time in the paddock, where he showed me how bright and quick he is. I was teaching him to lay down and roll over which he picked up quickly, and didn't mind my hand on his harness encouraging him. Bear has a very long coat and is a bit unkempt and tangly at the moment, so while he was lying on his back, I had a good rummage through his long fur to check for ticks etc and he didn't mind at all. I wonder, while handling him, and sorting out his coat, he will need a gentle hand in case it pulls or pinches and hurts him? Same for grabbing his collar. I witnessed nothing worrying while I was handling him today and I felt all around his collar and back and tummy. Lovely boy. Bear showed no reaction to any other dogs either in the kennel block or dogs we passed on walks.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our fb page
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
anne

Post by anne »

Bear was enjoying some quality time with Sarah yesterday. he really is a fabulous boy.
bearDSCF5200a.jpg

Return to “Our Outstanding Other Dogs (Rescueremedies.co.uk)”