Owen Hunterway x DofB March 19 Gatwick Kenns

Please follow our dogs progress that are not ready for re homing.
NO HOMING QUESTIONNAIRES WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR DOGS IN THIS SECTION.
xxlynne

Owen Hunterway x DofB March 19 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Under Assessment
owen1DSCF6455a.jpg
Owen's Story: Owen came in petrified with his brother feral from a dog breeder/ hoarder/ puppy farm. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Owen is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Owen is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
owen2DSCF6440.jpg
owen3DSCF6448a.jpg
owen4DSCF6450.jpg
owen5DSCF6451.jpg
owen6DSCF6452.jpg
owenwilson1DSCF6445a.jpg
Owen's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Oct 2019: Can you help any of these

4: 2x feral males, 6 months old, meant to be huntaway x and came from a breeder and hoarder. Never had human contact and they’re terrified They share a kennel and came in with the feral girl Peaches but not kennelled together.

We have 6 months later found these boys are still waiting for a Rescue place and will be taking them 26th March they have never been properly handled just managed in the kennel and never been introduced to a collar or lead
feralpupshuntaway x.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Owen Hunterway x DofB March 19 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Owen is one of the feral Hunterway x dogs we took in yesterday. He is the one who is needs the most care and it took the driver Tom and myself an hour to get him from the van. He was terrified but fortunately closed down into submission at one point so we were able to get a muzzle , collar and Harness on him. We then had 2 leads and a slip lead on him and 3 of us ran him into his kennel. I then stay and very slowly stroked him with the gentlest of strokes and after about 20 mins I slowly took the muzzle off and then the leads. I did that order as I wanted him to maintain trust for me to intervene without his muzzle on to maintain our trust. I then continued to stroke him and invited Ella member of staff in who managed to start to stroke and then I left, Anna another member of staff stroked him and we gentle left.

30 minutes later when he had explored his kennelrun and found his brother was in the kennel next to him...I went in with food. Here we are after about 10 minutes are gaining his acceptance to venture through the hatch and immediately out again...to actually coming close and eventually eating from the bowl by my feet.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Welcome to our Rescue Owen we will enjoy befriending you and finding you a family who will take to into life.
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Oh Lynne, well done bravo1.gif
Orla

Post by Orla »

A wonderful watch... well done Owen and Lynne positivo1.gif
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

That was amazing- what a leap forward in just 24 hours! Your gentleness, patience and care have been so rewarded by his trust. What a lovely boy... his life has already been transformed! positivo1.gif
Hayleycakes

Post by Hayleycakes »

:smiley-bounce016.gi: dogs know who they can trust 😉
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

It’s really good to see the trust slowly being built . Makes me quite emotional watching that
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

I was privileged to spend some time gaining owen’s trust today as we spent some quality time chilling in his kennel together. Owen is a clever young who wants to trust but it is also a very scary thing. However with gentle encouragement and with me sitting very still Owen quickly plucked up the courage to get close enough to take food out of my hand. With each piece his confidence grew and he got a little closer with his neck less stretched. Towards the end this brave little boy even took a sausage off my knee.

Not wanting to push him too far I didn’t try any touching this time but I think this little lad is going to realise pretty quickly that we are all just there to love him. love4.gif
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Claire went int and gave Owen and Wilson their breakfasts today. Wilson takes from the hand well his nerves are far less in this situation.

Owen was soon overcoming his instincts to flee and here is Claire having finished the food just sitting with him after he had very soon on been taking from her hand.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Just wonderful! love4.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

Return to “Dogs in Rehab prepping for homing......”