Wilson Hunterway x DofB March 2019 RRemedies Centre

Other breeds that are available for adoption
xxlynne

Wilson Hunterway x DofB March 2019 RRemedies Centre

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
wilson1DSCF6438a.jpg
Wilson's Story: Wilson came in petrified with his brother feral from a dog breeder/ hoarder/ puppy farm. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Wilson is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Wilson is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum Adoption Donation is £250 (£400 for pup under 1 yr old). This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
wilson2DSCF6439a.jpg
wilson3DSCF6441.jpg
wilson4DSCF6442.jpg
wilson5DSCF6453a.jpg
owenwilson1DSCF6445a.jpg
Wilson's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Oct 2019: Can you help any of these

4: 2x feral males, 6 months old, meant to be huntaway x and came from a breeder and hoarder. Never had human contact and they’re terrified They share a kennel and came in with the feral girl Peaches but not kennelled together.

6 months later found these boys are still waiting and will be taking them tomorrow the 26th March they ahve never been properly handled just managed in the kennel and never been introduced to a collar or lead
feralpupshuntaway x.jpg
Christinetully

Re: Wilson Hunterway x DofB March 2019 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Christinetully »

Welcome handsome Wilson! What a stunning boy- gorgeous expression! k2727.gif
Hayleycakes

Post by Hayleycakes »

Wow stunning boy well done Lynne
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Wilson was happy to take treats from me that I gave him through his kennel door. He is a beautiful dog and will start to make many friends at RR.
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Wilson and Owen have come on such a long way. They initially had their own kennels but could see each other. Over the last 2 weeks they are sharing a kennel together
as we felt they had developed their sense of self to be able to achieve their own individual maturation.

Many people have been going in and spending time sharing food and this has allowed them to tolerate 'human' presence and to overcome their instincts to run away. They have been able to cautiously pursue their curiosity and come to term with relating to a human being, getting accustomed to human voice; human movements which are independent of them i.e. not to relate everything to be focused on them and hence therefore for them to loss some of their startled reflexes.

Since sharing a kennel they are accessing the paddock twice a day and spending time. It is obvious that they both have very receptive dog skills and relate beautifully to any dog the other side of the fence as can be seen here.

They go and greet the other dogs at their kennel doors whilst going into the paddock and coming back and their reflexes are quite useful when backing away from a dog who perhaps are so receptive to door meets.

Big day tomorrow neutering and 2nd vaccination
anne

Post by anne »

I spent some time with Lynne and the boys, Owen and Wilson, in the paddock today. It is a few weeks since I sat in their kennels hand feeding them and the progress is remarkable. They came straight up to me, when I entered the paddock, to give me a good sniff up and down. Both boys were happy to come up close so I sat down and they were most intrigued when I got the camera out, wanting to sniff it and check if it was possibly edible. They are a playful and fun pair who day by day are learning to trust us humans. They are both exceedingly handsome too.

anne

Post by anne »

I spent some more time with Owen and Wilson in the paddock this morning. Each time I see them, they have made progress. They are both so inquisitive and playful and come straight over to check me out when I enter the paddock. They love to be close to see what is happening and will occasionally come up and lick my hand. Sudden movement still spooks them a little but they so want to be playful and involved. Wilson is the more confident and can be quite sneaky, coming up behind and putting his nose against my leg or licking my hand.
wilson1DSCF6613a.jpg
wilson2DSCF6616a.jpg
violaparkinson

Post by violaparkinson »

So beautiful guys, I really it.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Oh dear we have decided we need to step the boys forwards to begin to prepare them for walks. They have become very confident running through to the paddock and greeting everyone who spends time with them either in their kennel run or i the paddock. They get confused if more than one person is standing waiting for them to transit between their run and paddock manage it but are very confident when just one person is present.

SO.... on Sunday we separated the boys into their own adjoining kennels again. We muzzled them to quieten their energy to allow us to put and adjust harnesses on them and then attached a lead. Just to share how sensitive they are its Tuesday and they still are very nervous from the ordeal even though it was done with their permission and at their pace. The trailing lead seems to be the main inhibitor so we are just going to start with harness only and get them used to wearing that. Baby steps but at the moment they are little freaked out. Tonight when it was cool 8pm I let them both out together into the paddock and although they went in they weren't confident boys. We will rebuild trust taking them tiny weeny steps. Lets see what each day brings
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff and I spent some time in the paddock yesterday with Wilson and his brother Owen. We have been doing this for the last few weeks. It is noticeable that the introduction of a harness has knocked their budding confidence a bit, more so for Owen than Wilson, as Wilson is still happy to come and take sausage from my hand without hesitation. Wilson has chewed through his harness!! It is something he will accept eventually. He does seem to enjoy human contact and is very happy to have your company.

Return to “Our Outstanding Rescue Remedies Dogs”