Pearl Husky DofB ?09.2018 Handcross

Dogs that have found their forever home
anne

Re: Pearl Husky DofB ?09.2018 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Pearl gets excited when she see's me heading towards her kennel and as I entered yesterday she allowed me to give her some fuss and when I stopped she put her front paws up on my chest for a proper cuddle. it is the first time she has done this and I felt very honored. As you can see from the video, Pearl is a happy, quiet, easy, walking companion who likes to explore and investigate as she goes.

Passer's by often stop to remark how beautiful she is or how well behaved she is as, she politely and quietly stands to one side with me to let them pass.
chloe_stockwell

Post by chloe_stockwell »

My second time walking Pearl today and I really enjoyed our little adventures 😊

She is a lovely girl and she let me clip on her leads no problem. Her harness was all a bit wonky so I waited to sort it out once out of her kennel. She doesnt much like fuss but she did really well with me fixing her harness, a little squirmy but nothing too unmanageable.

She's great when walking, although she will get a little excitable if she sees a squirrel! She offers a bark or two at other dogs but it's never in a reactive away as far as I can see, more just an alert bark to let them know she is there.

Glad to have met Pearl again today and I hope she'll find a loving home very soon!
chloe_stockwell

Pearl has certainly seemed to flourish and come out of her shell 🤩 She is much more confident on her walks now, showing more curiosity and sniffing all the interesting smells!

She's a lovely girl and she'll be great in a new home. A girl with a beautiful coat like hers is wasted in kennels!
9D10043E-2809-44CB-8638-D05078737A5A.jpeg
4516C140-9D7B-4B6E-9240-71BCB724494C.jpeg
SarahMc

Post by SarahMc »

A lovely walk with Pearl this morning. She seems to have settled and got some confidence as I clipped on her leads and off we went.
Pearl had a grumble at Skyla who we passed but otherwise she was great. Lots of sniffing and taking in all the smells.

A8A5151D-690E-482E-A825-213772678984.jpeg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I took Pearl out for the first time today and thought I would walk her with Nina walking Buster as Buster has a calming effect on other dogs. Pearl came out of kennels doing leaps and pulling and growling at Buster, who took no notice at all of her silliness, which seems to be mostly bluff anyway 0002.gif]
We soon settled into a nice social walk, with Pearl occasionally showing nerves a little, but Buster continued to ignore her and she then seemed to want to get a bit closer at times. Traffic seemed to unsettle Pearl a little, especially a rattling van passing, but she was ok with some reassurance. I think walking with another dog has helped Pearl as she didn't get a reaction today and seemed to give up bighug.gif
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
BethanyW

Post by BethanyW »

Hopefully this works :crossfingers.gif: As I hadn’t been to the rescue for a few months I thought I would film Purl’s reaction to the traitor returning. It’s about as cuddly as she gets so the filming isn’t great but I thought it would be nice to catch her cuddly side.

(It’s still not a good idea to fuss her, she dosnt always like it. In this case she was the one fussing me lol.gif
chloe_stockwell

I've had a few weeks walking Pearl now and I've got to say that she really is a delight to be around 🥰

From when I first walked her, she was very shy and would walk along very quietly and not do much exploring. But now she has really come out of her shell and shown us all her personality. She is much more keen to sniff out all the interesting smells, and is more confident and assertive. She's quite cheeky at times and loves to chase after little birds and things 😅

I think she has definitely got used to me now as I've walked her a few times, and she gets excited to see you once she knows you.

Although she isn't overly keen on fuss, she has certainly got more affectionate with me now, and will happily accept some ear scratches. Last week she also let me sort out her lopsided harness (again! I'm not sure what she does to it! 😆) and she made no fuss at all, which was a very proud moment for me!

Pearl is a lovely girl and will just need a little time to get confident with a new person, but the wait is definitely worth it!!
BCD2041D-14DB-49E8-9A34-346FE56E8357.jpeg
34039260-6E18-4664-97F7-E8B83C4C9C42.jpeg
Karen25

Post by Karen25 »

I walked Pearl for the only the second time since she came to the rescue. My how she has gained in confidence. She was happy to be touched and really enjoyed her walk , no stress visible at any point. She has learnt to trust humans again. Such an uplifting walk. This beautiful girl deserves her forever home as she has so much love to give.
Staceyd1990

Post by Staceyd1990 »

What a beautiful lady.. how lucky you all are to work with her :)
NinaMalina

Post by NinaMalina »

I finally met Princess Pearl today love4.gif This girl is SO adorable. We went for a quiet walk with no traffic and she was a dream to walk, sniffing and exploring and just having a great time. We went for a bit of a paddle in the stream, so she could wash her pretty white paws thumbs.gif

She knows 'sit' and looooves her treats - and takes treats so gently! She is a real princess. She needs her own country home, away from the hustle and bustle of city life, where she can enjoy long sniffy walks. She will be an absolutely wonderful companion to a very lucky person.

Pearl 2.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”