Pearl Husky DofB ?09.2018 Handcross

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Pearl Husky DofB ?09.2018 Handcross

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
pearl1DSCF2823a.jpg
Pearl's Story: Pearl was found abandoned and unclaimed within a Surrey council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Pearl is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Pearl was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.
• Husky strong-minded ref direction and length of walks
• Food fads; needs owners not to get over-concerned as can leave food some days
• Care in vets/ tick removal: Doesn’t like handling around collar. Warns with teeth not true bite
• Not for children. Needs accepting family who can interest her into family agenda with love

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
pearl2DSCF2816.jpg
pearl3DSCF2820.jpg
pearl4DSCF2828.jpg
pearl5DSCF2833.jpg
Pearl's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We have been asked by the dog warden to find Pearl her new family

Pearl comes into our Rescue 13th January 2020
SarahW

Re: Pearl Husky DofB ?09.2018 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW »

Oh my days, Pearl is the right name! Gorgeous girl. Just want to kiss that pink nose!!! Kiss of love.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
KateM17

Post by KateM17 »

Pearl is precious! Today was my first time walking Pearl and what an absolute joy it was. She hasn't been in long, and not being a husky kind of girl, I was a bit hesitant about walking her. I needn't have been, she is a great girl. I entered her kennel, introduced myself with a couple of sausages, clipped on the leads and we were off. No interest in either of the dogs next to her kennel and a quick exit into the grounds was had. We walked past the kennel block, to the barks of all the other residents, and she showed no interest whatsoever.

Pearl shared her walk with Logan, they both walked really well together. Pearl behind Logan, then in front, where I think she was happier. There was no pulling on the lead, and she does like to stay a couple of paces in front of her walker. She loves a good ole sniff and when she fancies a sausage, she walks around in front of you and stops, waiting for one! Pearl does a great 'sit' for a treat and takes them ever so gently. Pearl had a lovely long village walk, which included a bridle path, lots of traffic, walkers, joggers and other dogs, and she was very well behaved.

Pearl's notes indicated not to fuss her, so I didn't, just the occasional stroke along the way, however on return to the kennels, I did introduce her to SarahW and Pearl appeared to be quite happy with the attention that she received. I returned her to her kennel with no issues, I un-clipped the leads and left her with a few sausages. I do hope she isn't in kennels long, she's a special girl and I will happily walk her again. bighug.gif :dog-115.gif:
MaddieH

Post by MaddieH »

What a beautiful girl. She likes to observe what is going on around her and also walks well on a lead. thumbs.gif XxX
pearl small.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

I shared a lovely walk with Pearl yesterday in the gorgeous winter sunshine. Pearl walked very calmly, with a loose lead, taking her time to sniff and investigate as we went. At one point she enjoyed a roll about in the long grass and it was lovely to see her enjoying herself.
pearl1DSCF2998.jpg
pearl2DSCF2999.jpg
KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

I had a lovely walk with Pearl on Sunday. First time I'd met her. She was friendly when I got to her kennel and eager to get out for her walk.
She was very calm and east to walk with a loose lead most of the way, apart from we saw a squirrel! Lovely girl
ElayneN

Post by ElayneN »

Pearl is the perfect name for this absolute beauty, not just her soft white Husky coat but her lovely gentle, mild and calm nature. She walked so nicely, no pulling, and in fact she's quite slight under all that fur, so no great strength required. You'd barely know she was there on the end of the lead :smiley-chores002.gif:
She was enjoying sniffing all the way, calmly taking everything in her stride, including a dog, a tractor and some cows in a field. She has a real composure to her. She took treats oh so gently, and ate them delicately and politely!
Back in kennels good girl Pearl went calmly past all the shouty dogs, composed and happy enough to be back in her kennel. What an easy young dog she is, I could imagine her really enjoying further training and being a real credit to her forever family love4.gif
Pearl  (2).JPG
renatatlek

Post by renatatlek »

I took Pearl for a walk last Saturday 8 Feb, she is such a gorgeous girl, easily diverted from other dogs, always listens to your instructions. Very happy to go for a longer walk. Loved saying hello to people passing us.
Renata&Norbert
chloe_stockwell

Post by chloe_stockwell »

Pearl was an absolute trooper for me yesterday! We hadn't met before and we had to trudge through the mud and got stuck in VERY heavy rain and she just took it all in her stride.

I got a lovely greeting in her kennel and she very politely accepted a treat whilst getting her leads clipped on.

She was a little miffed by a very noisy terrier neighbour but was not giving off any reactive vibes.

Even with a thick fluffy white coat, she was straight through the mud without a care! She even stopped with me when I had to untangle myself from some branches at some point too, and I didnt even have to tell her to!

She has probably been my easiest walk in a while, she walks along with you and never has taught leads.

My only observation was that she was a little wary of traffic and seemed a little apprehensive with particularly noisy cars and lorries going passed, almost as though she wasnt sure whether she wanted to chase them or not. She never made a reaction but just a potential thing to watch for.

Otherwise just a stunning girl, I can't fault her!

20200229_105615_opt.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

I usually get to walk Pearl on a Monday but this week I was treated to a walk today as well. Pearl looks forward to going out and she always does her toileting first (good girl) and then gets down to the business of the walk. She uses her nose a lot, enjoying checking out all the new smells. Pearl is very connected and responsive and most of the time, walks with a loose lead. The main exception is when she would rather like to chase a pesky squirrel in the woods. On Monday, a deer crossed the path in front of us and I braced myself thinking that Pearl would give chase but she stood still and watched then carried on with her walk. thumbs.gif
pearl1DSCF3711.jpg
pearl2DSCF3712.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”