Troy Staffie x Dofb 05.2017 Horley W/E foster + Gatwick Kenns

Serious discussions are already underway with families on these dogs, or the dogs have been homed on a trial basis with Homing Team Approval
xxlynne

Troy Staffie x Dofb 05.2017 Horley W/E foster + Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Home Checking
troy1DSCF2652a.jpg
Troy's Story: Troy was found abandoned and unclaimed within a South Coast council pound. Troy was fostered by another Rescue and adopted by his fosterer but she then decided he was too much for her life style. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Troy is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Troy is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
troy2DSCF2644.jpg
troy3DSCF2652.jpg
Troy's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We were asked to help Troy as an emergency

Troy arrived in our Rescue on the 30th Dec 2019
Pegmilly

Re: Troy Staffie x Dofb 05.2017 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Pegmilly »

Troy is big lump of loveliness! He is very strong - but doesn’t realise he’s pulling, he’s not unruly at all. He’s very friendly, happy to be stroked, loves a cuddle, and took treats nicely. Xx
3958B51F-48C8-412F-9320-CC6DE220E4CE.jpeg
MaddieH

Post by MaddieH »

Troy will totally melt your heart! I walked him last week and although he is very strong, he is a gentle boy. He totally captured my heart with those green eyes of his. He was full of love and cuddles and he would make such an amazing companion to an active home :smiley-bounce016.gi: XxX
F997C48F-ABC7-47AA-ADD9-4BBCAE2C745B.jpeg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Troy came for a sleep over last Saturday night as he was a little under the weather. He was a complete sweetheart. We had not met before but I headed into his kennel, hand fed him his food as he was not eating much. He then happily jumped in the car and off we sped.

He was so good around the house, calm but excited, wiggling his bum whenever I went near him. He met Andy like he was his best mate. He had a little run in the garden but was more keen on being snuggled up!

He ate well but was more interested in our chicken dinner than his dog food! 0002.gif]

He lapped up cuddles and fuss. He really is an affectionate dog. He does like to face wash you but this calmed as he spent more time with us. I fell hopelessly in love with him. He is kind, loving and just an all round great buddy to have. I can't praise him enough Kiss of love.gif

Get filling out that homing questionnaire

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Aww love4.gif lovely boy xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Troy had his 2nd sleepover with us after walking on Saturday. Like with all dogs he gets more interesting the more you get to know him. He was feeling better this weekend after being a bit under the weather last weekend. He had much more energy!

He was very happy to be with us again. Troy loves to play with toys but only really with someone else to join in. He growls when doing this and it can sound intense but there is no edge. His lip can even curl but he is just 'getting into character' not once have I felt this could lead to any silliness from him. He only mouths very rarely and very gently. He will stop play if asked, not that he needed to, I just wanted to see how he would react. He really is just a very sweet and loving boy.

My only concern ever, has been how strong he is on the lead, but this morning he was great! Not perfect by any means but really I have no doubt the pulling would fade out of kennels once getting regular walks and a bit of consistent lead training. He settled after 5 mins of strong walking into a more chilled pace. He learns so quickly and so wants to please. I had no treats with me so this was all due to his thinking things through. When he pulled I stopped at first, and then after a while just a small quick pull on his harness lead and he was getting it. He sat everytime we had to cross a road. I felt very proud to be out with him, hence walking down the road with a big stupid grin on my face.

He feels very young, more like 18 months than nearly 3 years! He can be so puppylike, he just gushes love, he likes to play and loves being with people. He picks up things so quickly. But he does enjoy a nice snooze too.

The neighbours have a little dog called Sandy, who is on the nervous side but very sweet. She jumps up on the play house so she can see over the fence. Troy paid her no notice at all when she was barking at him. I think she was a bit disappointed! Take a look at the video.

He does like to sleep on the bed which is a bit too much of a squeeze for all of us tbh so I went in the spare room with him last night as I wanted him to have a nice night snuggled up (and I do like a dog snuggle too!).

He travels great in the car boot. He mainly lays down.

He would love a home with an active lifestyle. Not for young kids as he can be a bit bouncy running in the garden but I think he would love to play with older children.

This lovely dog is ready for his forever home!

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Lovely videos. ..everything crossed for Troys forever home Kiss of love.gif
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

I have to say Troy looks like a different dog whilst on his foster breaks, his amazing smile says it all love4.gif
Gone are those stress and worries and he is just loving life, so great to see thumbs.gif
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Each time Troy comes and stays at the weekend we get to see more of his lovely temperament come out. He is a very loving dog who just adores everyone he meets. Last weekend he met my dad and brother and they were easily won over by his happy, sweet demeanor.

He loves to be curled up on the sofa with his humans. He loves to play and will stop when asked. He doesn't like the rain or mud much! So it has only been quick darts out into the garden for loo breaks the last few weekends! I have had to encourage him out by standing outside myself!!

He is great in the home. Initial bounciness when he first arrives and then he just mooches around enjoying being with people but not clingy or needy.

He was great having a bath on Saturday. He just stood there. He let me towel him off then it was post bath zoomies and final drying by rolling around! I think he actually enjoyed feeling all pampered. He had a good snooze after.

This boy would make a great family pet and is so ready to settle into his forever home.

mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

What a gorgeous boy, he looks like he is so much fun! Thanks for giving him a break from kennels. thumbs.gif

Return to “Reserved or on Trial Adoption”