Kirby Akita DofB 05.11.16 Bromley

Dogs that have found their forever home
katiediane121

Re: Kirby Akita DofB 5.11.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by katiediane121 »

Kirby was an absolute dream as always today love4.gif I just love his quirky ways when you enter his kennel and he tries to play ‘come catch me’- you could never, ever get even the slightest bit annoyed at that handsome face 0002.gif]
I find Kirby such a lovely relaxing Lad to walk, he has just the right pace for a mooch and loves to sniff everything he can. No reactions to dogs today. When we get back to the kennels I always give him a nice treat before I leave and he takes it so so gently back to his bed. I might say this every time but Kirby really has been with us to long! If I had my own house I would take him home, he’s just the best boy. He gives out so much love to everyone and really does deserve the world back. Where are you Kirby’s family?! ❤️
2CF43077-D884-4913-880E-7948C972BD82.jpeg
rstephenson

Post by rstephenson »

Kirby is a true lover boy. He really loves nothing more than cuddles, cuddles and more cuddles.
Sometimes I think he doesn’t even come out for the walk, only for the snuggles.
He is a leisurely boy, and we take our time as he sniffs around as we head for his favourite place - the stream.
He does make us chuckle the way he dips his mouth under the water, opens up wide, and moves through at quite a pace, swallowing as much as he can, as quickly as he can 0002.gif]
After our walk, we stopped off at the paddock as he needed another brush. On his top spot, he was loving all the attention - head scratches and regular treats from Matt, and butt and back brushes from me 🤪
I had to get up on the top step with him in the end to reach, and he loves to lean all his weight against you in the biggest cuddle!! I nearly fell off 0002.gif]
He really is just the best.
KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

Kirby's regular Sunday walker was away, so I jumped at the chance to walk him. Not knowing me that well, although he gave me a friendly greeting in his kennel and gently took treats from me, he wasn't that keen on me putting his muzzle on ( probably my bad technique) and he retreated to his bedroom. After a bit of assistance, we set off on a lovely long walk.
I'm amazed Kirby is still in kennels. He was a pleasure to walk; plodding calmly with loose leads. Lots of stopping to sniff and once in the longer grass he threw himself down for a roll.
Kirby loves a belly rub and a cuddle.
He's a handsome boy and someone would be lucky to have Kirby in their lives. love4.gif
katiediane121

Post by katiediane121 »

It’s no secret how much I love our boy Kirby love4.gif
I noticed on passing today that he had a tick above his eye so I took the opportunity to whisk him into the paddock for a cuddle and get it off for him (which he happily sat and let me do with 0 issues at all) he’s honestly just the best boy ❤️ - followed by a little photo shoot as he’s just so handsome!

FB207C46-5A77-4A9A-B7F6-D399279A3DAA.jpeg

5724B6AB-A3D6-419E-9B78-C5A771030D28.jpeg

A91976B6-78FD-40E1-BFFE-A4053F4C5CE3.jpeg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Oh wow, such amazing photos of the most amazing boy thumbs.gif
Love that beautiful smile in the second photo love4.gif
KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

Kirby enjoyed a dip in the stream on Sunday. I didnt manage to capture it but he did a very impressive dive through the water.
20210530_142008_opt.jpg
20210530_142111_opt.jpg
While Kirby's regular walker has been away, I've been really enjoying getting to know this gorgeous boy. He's such a joy to walk, he's so relaxed on the lead and loves to sniff and roll in the grass for a belly rub. love4.gif
Ian B

Post by Ian B »

I'm a newish walker and had no experience of Akitas before walking Kirby.
I've walked him about half a dozen times now and found:-
- he may jump up and greet you with his front paws on your chest
- he'll calmy accept the muzzle
-he's a steady and calm walker for his size who loves to sniff and mooch around. Doesn't pull on the lead.
-fine in traffic, with horses, walkers, joggers, dogs on lead, dogs barking at him from gardens, cattle, sheep and horses in fields
-affectionate and loves to lean in for a cuddle or stick his head under your armpit if you sit down next to him
- loves going into streams and rolling on his back in the long grass
-can be a bit stubborn and walk on when it suits him. So what? It's his walk!
- is picky over treats. Doesn't seem to like biscuits . I tried dried spratts but he didn't like them either.
- in the paddock he'll have a run around . Isn't interested in tennis balls or toys but loves the water bath and playing in it.
Overall he's a sweetie and I enjoy walking him.
Surprised a larger breed fan hasn't snapped him up. Can only think that would be adopters are put off by the muzzle. Hopefully someone will look beyond that and his home will come.
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

Been walking Kirby on a Friday for a few weeks now and he’s fantastic! Can’t understand why he hasn’t got a forever home yet. He is great on walks, doesn’t pull , isn’t reactive to squirrels, horses or dogs passing at a safe distance, loves to sniff everything and he really adores cuddles and fuss . When I let him off in the paddock he just wanted to sit there and be fussed, he’ll take as much as you can give and more. Great dog.
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

I got the rare opportunity to take Kirby out the other week. I had forgotten just what a gorgeous gentleman Kirby is. love4.gif We enjoyed a lovely walk and a dip on stream but best of all was Kirby cuddles in the paddock.

Kirby really is an absolutely beautiful gentle soul who is well overdue his forever sofa. If you have a Kirby shaped space in your home please get that application in as this loving boy is ready to wow you Kiss of love.gif

43635B79-BD93-4D2E-A84D-E8B9FC3DEC3A.jpeg

909FA4E8-5352-4EB2-AE63-07D8BDDDBA0C.jpeg
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

I was lucky enough to take Kirby out again on Wednesday and we’ll I think the picture says it all really. Kirby is such a loving fun boy who just wants to love and be be loved. Could you be the subject of his affections
A08B55EF-78AC-4A0B-A851-EE3D92B8EC90.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”