Marv Cockerpoo DofB 02.02.12 Southfleet SE London

Dogs that have found their forever home
Tricia B

Re: Marv Cockerpoo DofB 02.02.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Tricia B »

I walked Marve this morning so excited to go for a walk but gives you such a welcome when you go in his kennel a delight to be with dosnt mind you attaching his lead a little riggley while you are doing that but such a beautiful boy he daoe need a home of his own
Tricia B

Post by Tricia B »

Walkd this little boy this morning a little dog with a big heart Sits for tip bits waits at the road side to cross the road a joy to take out he has the biggest smile if you tell him he is good
heleny

Post by heleny »

I walked Marv for the first time today and was impressed by how lovely he is. What a great looking little dog with such an effervescent, adorable personality! I have read through his forum notes and have seen that initially he nipped 3 times when in his home. Fellow walker Trishia and I have seen no repetitions of this behaviour and I am sure that, as Ros has intimated when he has been lucky enough to be fostered by her, that his guarding behaviour can be easily managed when you are aware of it.. He does get a bit excited at the start of the walk but then he has been in his pen for most of the day and so that is quite understandable. He soon quietens down and really enjoys being outside, prancing along. When he gets the hint of a treat in the offing he runs up to you, sits down immediately and gazes at you with that lovely little face. I think he is a great little dog and is totally wasted in kennels. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
RosC

Re: Marv Cockerpoo DofB 02.02.12 Redhill Foster

Post by RosC »

Marv has spent the last 10 days with us but sadly will back in kennels Monday morning due to work commitments.
He has been very well behaved. I have found him in the washing basket again a couple of times but have ignored this and then tempted him away by giving Bertha a treat!
He seems to have developed an attachment to me so if I am out he will seek out an item of my clothing or my slippers to protect until I return. I am trying to be tidy so only twice has he found anything. He will protect his items even from me though but this has not caused any issues - we just swipe them away when he is distracted and as soon as he realises he relaxes.
We have had our usual Sunday trip to my Dad today and he is so good. He loves my Dad and is very eager once out of the car to rush up the garden path to say hello. Loves the attention he gets and is happily left if we go out.
He has become a regular at a pub where we often have Sunday lunch and enjoys greeting all the people who come over to say hello. Everyone thinks he is a puppy as he is so excitable but he does settle well if there is no passing traffic!!
Marv has his issues so needs an understanding home but we all absolutely love this little man and I am sure the perfect home is out there for him Kiss of love.gif
Tricia B

Post by Tricia B »

Walked Marve this morning he has the biggest smile on his face loves walking in all weathers we walked with another dog Samm this morning both looked at another said hello and walked on .with guidence he will make a good compannion to some one or even agility loves just having a good run
RosC

Post by RosC »

Another weekend with Marv! thumbs.gif
Marv gets so excited when I pick him up from the kennels now and barks all the way home as he is so eager to get home. We have had family here all weekend celebrating an early Christmas and Marv loves that, he is very sociable little boy. Marv is very good in social events although he did need reminding to sit on the floor at dinner and not put his paws on the table.
Getting in the Xmas spirit!
Getting in the Xmas spirit!
We gave him a bath on Saturday morning. I wasn't sure how this would go so we filled the bath up and plonked him in rather than showered him and he was given treats whilst he was washed and was a very good boy. He smells and feels SO much better now and is really soft and fluffy 0002.gif] I think another bath next weekend is in order! We also trimmed his eyebrows as they were starting to get long. Not so keen on that but the first one was done before he noticed so maybe one at a time next time round!
I need to research poodle hair care as he has very tight curls and I am sure there are products that will help keep his fur soft.
Unless his home comes along before I am looking forward to having Marv to stay again very soon.
Post-bath frizz!
Post-bath frizz!
getting dry
getting dry
RosC

Re: Marv Cockerpoo DofB 02.02.12 Xmas foster Redhill

Post by RosC »

Marvellous Marv is staying with us for Christmas thumbs.gif
We are really pleased to have him with us and I think he is quite pleased too! Marv is very excitable but is a very sweet little dog. He loves to chill out and relax in the evenings and is happy to be fussed and have a belly rub whilst he is watching the TV 0002.gif]
20191221_203232.jpg
Leeanne

Post by Leeanne »

I took Marv to pets at home today to help me at the fundraiser, Marv was such a good boy happy to greet everyone for cuddles and great with all the other dogs. Marv was a bit hit with all the customers and behaved perfectly.
thumbs.gif love4.gif
RosC

Post by RosC »

Marv had another trip to Pets at Home today along with Bertha and he was a great hit with the customers. Lots of people fell for his charms and couldn't believe his age as he acts so young! He met so many dogs (many were poodle crosses who did all look a little neater than him 0002.gif] ) We were in front of the hamster cages and I don't think Marv is hamster friendly given his interest in them!!
You can take Marv anywhere, he is excitable but so pleased to see everyone that the only issue is trying to stop him jumping up to say hello to people. I think he won a few more fans today.
We got home to greet my Dad and Marv is now feeling very relaxed with all the family around him. He is so calm and relaxed indoors. He is the most cuddly dog ever and is the best hot water bottle. He loves to be picked up and rocked like a baby love4.gif
It is very hard when people meet Marv for them to understand that as gorgeous and friendly he seems he is not without his issues that are not displayed when he is out and about.
To us he is perfect but potential adopters need to realise that Marv can sometimes display guarding tendencies but we only find this now when he has been left and an item of clothing has been left out. Saying that he now allows us to sit with him and his treasured item and stroke him so progress has been made. We then remove it once he decides to leave it which to be honest he seems relieved about.
He also doesn't like his back legs being groomed. We have moved on from not wanting to be brushed at all to really enjoying his body and head being brushed, rolling over for his tummy to be groomed. Front legs are almost there but back legs not quite so sure yet but he is gradually allowing more areas so we will get there - so long as there is not a tangle!! He has had 2 baths now, 1 single handed!, and a few leg washes after muddy walks which he accepts well. Fingers crossed the New Year brings a new family for little Marv. Kiss of love.gif
Tina McHale

Post by Tina McHale »

Kiss of love.gif

Today was my first meeting with Marv and he is a beautiful boy. He was very patient whilst I put his lead on and then we went for a walk. He is very calm but enthusiastic - he doesn't pull and wags his tail with happiness. We spent some time sitting on a bench in the woods. Marv loved being spoken to and being stroked. He is a beautiful boy covered in black curls! We went for a long walk and then I reluctantly had to leave him. Marv is so gorgeous and deserves to be loved in a safe home. 🤞🤞💖💖

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”