Marv Cockerpoo DofB 02.02.12 Southfleet SE London

Dogs that have found their forever home
RosC

Re: Marv Cockerpoo DofB 02.02.12 Redhill Temp Foster

Post by RosC »

Marv has been spending a couple of nights back with us and what a change in him. He is now so confident and hasn't hidden away at all. He has spent all his time downstairs with us and Bertha and is so relaxed and happy, wonderful to see thumbs.gif
We travelled to my Dad today and Marv settled once we hit the motorway and stopped trying to get in the front of the car (even though his seat belt wouldn't let him anyway!). We left him at home for a couple of hours when we went out and he just slept in his bed whilst we were away. He has only visited once before so that was really good to be so settled there. We then took him for a pub lunch where I am sorry to say Marv was a bit of an exhibitionist 0002.gif] Trying to say hello to everyone who walked past (most gave in and came over to say hello) and getting biscuits off the staff. He also finished off my carrots so he has his uses lol.gif He can get over excited and needs to learn not to jump up to say hello but that I think is just the neediness that comes with being in kennels.
This evening he is laying on his back next to me snoring, totally relaxed. It is so good to see that he has adjusted to his change in circumstances.
It has been lovely to see the real Marv. He loves a game of ball. I have used 2 at once and thrown the spare one as soon as he drops the 1st but he brings them back beautifully. He has also been eating his food well and has not been put off by having Bertha close by (who always finishes first!).
Photos will follow.
RosC

Re: Marv Cockerpoo DofB 02.02.12 Redhill W/E Foster

Post by RosC »

A couple of pics of little Marv love4.gif
And relax....
And relax....
Please can I have a treat?
Please can I have a treat?
See me wagging my tail!
See me wagging my tail!
RosC

Post by RosC »

Marv came for a sleepover this morning as my Dad was visiting and he loves Marv. Marv seems to love my Dad too!! Marv is adorable but clearly there have been issues in the past so his new family will need to be respectful of him and take time to get to know him at his pace. Marv needs an experienced owner who can read him and be consistent in approach. I get the impression Marv may have been spoilt in his previous life as he can be quite cheeky but I really like him and hope that special home comes along for him very soon.To be rewarded with his fun side will make it all worthwhile!
He has started getting very over excited when getting ready for a walk, jumping up and grabbing the lead until we are at the end of the drive. I'm sure this will settle in his forever home, it is just the excitement of getting out. Marv will sit when asked to which stops this but maybe not always the first time! Marv walks nicely on the lead although he doesn't seem to realise what a kerb is so you need to be aware of him around the road or he may just step out.
Marv loves to snuggle up on your lap or on the arm of the chair next to you and he is very good as a hot water bottle 0002.gif]
20191018_150031.jpg
20191018_151835.jpg
20191018_151815.jpg

Marv loves rolling on the carpet when you take off his harness as he gets a bit itchy
Elaine.scott1

Re: Marv Cockerpoo DofB 02.02.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

This was the first time that I have walked Marv, he is such a lovely lad, he is so good at passing other dogs. He has the softest fur and takes treats very gently. We met Leeanne with Marge, Marv was happy to follow them back to the kennels. Such a dear little lad Heart fill with love.gif]
heleny

Post by heleny »

Marv is getting used to being walked by Tricia and seems to be developing a lovely relationship with her. He is so excited at the start of his walk but soon settles down as Tricia gives him loads of words of encouragement. What a friendly, gorgeous little chap he is and how he loves his walks. He walked very well again with Charlie Brown - absolutely no fussing about who leads the way, just a nice walk with two gorgeous little dogs. Marv needs the stability of his own home with people he can learn to trust and love. Gorgeous little fella! :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

So I've not walked Marv (he's always on someone else's list!) but he is kennelled next to dogs that I walk regularly and I always, without fail stop to have a chat with him. Marv always lets me know that he is there, just in case I forget, how could I Kiss of love.gif He really is a super little boy and he takes treats super gently.
Love little Marv love4.gif love4.gif
RosC

Post by RosC »

Marv has spent the last few weekends with us and is now totally relaxed and at home. He is very lively and most people he meets cannot believe how old he is - they all think he is a puppy as he is so excited to meet people. Marv does need a consistent approach to deal with his exuberance as he does like jumping up and needs reminding that this is not the way to greet people. He does listen though and was very well behaved this weekend and my son staying kept telling him to sit before saying hello to him and he soon got the message that if he jumped up he got ignored.
A couple of times when he is sitting next to me and Bertha comes over he has given a little growl at her but I tell him 'no' and he stops. I then make sure that Bertha gets a fuss so he knows he isn't in charge! I think this is him wanting all the attention as he gets on fine with her at all other times.
Marv has been out for lunch with us quite a few times now and has become more settled and calmly sits by your chair now while we eat rather than trying to jump up at every passing person.
I have really fallen for little Marv's wonderful, cheeky personality. He loves cuddles and snuggling up in the evening. This weekend we had lots of loud fireworks going off but Marv took no notice which I was surprised at as he barks at a knock on the door or the slamming of a delivery van's door on the drive!
Marv is very social and the more people around the house the better as far as he is concerned but I do think that with his excitability he needs an adult home. He needs to be given time to relax (the difference in him at home with us from his first visit to now is huge). I hope his new family come along soon as he doesn't like being in kennels, but in the meantime I look forward to having him stay again.
20191103_091307.jpg
20191025_211636.jpg
20191025_184607.jpg
Tricia B

Post by Tricia B »

I walked little Marve this morning enjoys his walks . he listens to every word you say to him all most smiles when you tell him he is a good boy his tail wags a lot .So willing to learn and to have someone in his life who will give him time and be a leader .i have been walking him for a while now I can see a change in him for the better
RosC

Post by RosC »

Marv has spent another weekend with us and we love him love4.gif
Friday he came to our local again and made friends with 4 other dogs and was pleased to catch up with the people he has already made friends with as well as making new friends. Today he has come to my Dad's again and travelled well even in awful traffic. He came out for lunch and was SO well behaved making lots of friends both human and canine. He no longer jumps up at everyone who walks past trying to get their attention (although most people come over to say hello anyway!).
Marv has calmed down this weekend and today we have had no lead grabbing before going out (and we have gone out loads of times with him) which is brilliant as it was his only real fault.
Despite all the positives, it is important to know that Marv can be a little possessive, we have found it is even over me or my clothing, that he has stolen from the washing basket on a couple of occasions when I have been out, but this has not caused any problems for us, so it is just something to be aware of. This shows itself in him giving a little growl if Bertha tries to sit next to us on the sofa ( I tell him to be quiet and invite her up next to me to make sure he knows this is not OK) or a little grumble if someone else goes over to him when he is sitting on my clothes. He does however allow a friendly approach and then accepts a cuddle and some fuss.
Other plus points are that he is THE best hot water bottle and he really makes us laugh with his cheeky, smiley little face thumbs.gif
RosC

Re: Marv Cockerpoo DofB 02.02.12 Redhill W/E Foster

Post by RosC »

Absolutely love Marv and he looks so much better now his fur has grown a little love4.gif
Couldn't take hi back last weekend so he stayed with us all this week but sadly will be back at the kennels tomorrow. I am sure he will visit again next weekend if he is still in kennels. Marv for 98% of the time is the best dog ever - totally crazy (but he is a cockerpoo!) but so sweet and cuddly. Marv wants to be everyone's friend and the more friends he has the happier he is!
For a tiny percentage of the time Marv does display his guarding behaviour but I can honestly say that this has not impacted on our week, so I consider it something to be aware of rather than a disadvantage.
Instances of this are that the other day when left alone he found some clothes and made what I can only describe as a nest on the dining room floor. When we tried to approach we were growled at and I know that if we had pushed this he would have protested. However, I offered a treat to get him away and then removed his 'treasure' before he went back to it and problem averted. He just needs a family who are aware of what may make him possessive and be prepared to work on this and try to avoid situations that may become an issue.
Marv is not for a novice family or one with children given his guarding of certain items but he will make a wonderful addition to one lucky family. Out and about he loves meeting people and other dogs so is easy to take anywhere with you. With Marv around you will certainly meet lots of lovely people as everyone wants to say hello and the little tart loves the attention lol.gif
Marv also loves Strictly and 'enjoys' dancing to the music and clapping his paws (or is that me!!) 0002.gif]

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”