Macey Romanian Crossbreed DofB 05.11.17 Kingston

Dogs that have found their forever home
Jan Case

Re: Macey Romanian Crossbreed DofB 05.11.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jan Case »

:smiley-bounce016.gi: Macey was happy to see me today, accepted a couple of treats and let me put her harness on! She went happily for a walk, although she is still very jumpy at sudden movements or noises. Macey was very playful with the dog that was in the paddock as we passed, both of them looked as if they would have loved to run around together and I do wonder if Macey would gain confidence being homed with another dog? Certainly she is much more comfortable with me, and it has actually only taken a few hours, as I only see her for an hour once a week. Very proud of this little girl today xxxx woo.gif]
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Macey is doing so well, she was positively excited to see me today and very keen for me to put her harness on and take her out. Nerves do still overwhelm her a bit outside, but we take it at her pace and go where she wants to go. She seems to like other dogs, but can be frightened if they are very noisy close to her. She us actually beginning to look up at me for reassurance, very positive steps in a very short time. Well done little Macey. 0077.gif
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I love reading your updates on Macey, Jan. It sounds like she knows she has a true friend in you and that will be start of her learning to trust others so she can make more friends and find her forever home. Wonderful to read! thumbs.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Macey was positively excited to see me on Tuesday this week and definitely showed that she wanted to go out. Then we had a little miracle as I was rewarded with a very gentle lick as I was putting her harness on. 0077.gif she was a little more confident in her walk, and has started looking up for reassurance when out, which is another huge step for her. This little girl is going to be absolutely fine, with the right family in the right environment, she is learning to trust and that is a wonderful thing.
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Macey and I have been going for our walks every week. She is always happy to see me now and very good about having her harness on, but each week brings another positive step in her confidence levels. Today, she was looking up at me as we were walking suggesting a treat might be nice!! Obviously she got one 0002.gif] and she walked happily today, with no spinning, or jumping for 45 minutes. This is huge improvement, and really in a relatively short time. Macey is showing that with patience and understanding it will not take her long to relax and enjoy being with her humans. She is still nervous of sudden loud noises (there were some bangs going on somewhere today) and she may well always be, but now we just stop and listen and with reassurance we walk on. So proud of this beautiful, elegant, little girl. woo.gif]
Tricia B

Post by Tricia B »

I wslked Macey today she was very happy while Ella was putting her harness on Very happy coming with me i havnt been walking her that long but i do feel we are making progress Macey has a long way to go but with love she wii make life stood and looked at all that was around very brave in the woods today
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Macey was so happy to see me today she jumped up and down and managed to knock her water bowl over! Oops!!! She was very good at letting me put her harness on, she has really learned how to co-operate there. We had a nice walk in the sunshine, with Macey choosing where we should go. She had a couple of silly moments, dancing around in circles, precipitated by a noise that made her jump, but she is learning to stop, when you say Macey No, and she did very well today, responding to my voice telling her no, and don’t be silly. We had some lovely moments with her walking close by my side, and she is happy, and comforted, to take a piece of sausage or a little gravy bone biscuit when out on her walks now. I also found that stroking her when she was getting jittery outside calmed her down, and she enjoyed the gentle fussing. This little girl is really learning to trust, and will be so rewarding to teach, encourage and support. Macey is a gentle, elegant little dog, with a nervous disposition. She shows absolutely no aggression to other dogs.m love4.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I’ve only walked Mackey a few times but we’re getting to know each other and it’s a real privilege love4.gif on Friday we had a nice calm walk around the grounds - bless her the mobile camera makes her nervous when you point it at her so only 2 quick snaps ...
3AE36EC6-1285-44F9-9830-5A73DE33C88C.jpeg
CFCC3AFD-9316-4C50-A4D4-E18BB40A9FBF.jpeg
Onward and upwards sweet girl xxx
Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Well done Sarah for getting a couple of photos of Macey when out and about, she is, as you say, extremely timid of the unknown! Getting her harness on is no longer unknown and we had an energetic dance around today whilst I was trying to put it on and she was expressing how pleased and excited she was to be going out!! Considering the awful conditions, Macey doesn’t seem to mind the mud and enjoys drinking water from the puddles!! She actually came out on to the lane with me today and walked a way along it. It is so rewarding to see these little gains of confidence. love4.gif
Tricia B

Post by Tricia B »

I walked Macey this mornig she is improving little by little with time and patience her life will improve .Macey let me stoke her around her head and neck enjoys chicken just needs time

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”