Macey Romanian Crossbreed DofB 05.11.17 Kingston

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Macey Romanian Crossbreed DofB 05.11.17 Kingston

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
macey1DSC08634.jpg
Macey's Story: Macey came from Romania and ended up been handed in to a vets as a "stray" by the owner's partner. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Macey is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Macey is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.
• Macey was bought over from Romania by another ‘Rescue’ & effectively abandoned due to her intrinsic nerves
• We offered her what her ‘Rescuers’ should have done: spay; vaccination and safety
• Forms deep true bonds with those who have given her patience, time and shown her love
• Doesn’t like being leaned over feels trapped
• An escape risk 1) on walks so slip lead used with leads 2) In home exit management is crucial
• Lived with and now fostered with other dogs

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
macey2DSC08632.jpg
macey1DSCF8157.jpg
macey2DSCF8159.jpg
Macey's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Macey 01.08.19: “Macey (female short hair Crossbreed) was brought over from Romania approximately 2 years ago by a Romanian Rescue, placed into foster locally then adopted. We know she has lived with other dogs and young children in both her foster and adopted home. However, on 21st July she was taken to a 24 Hour Vet practice after having been ‘found’ wandering in a local dog walking area. We picked her up on 22nd July and transported her to our kennel facility.

This is where things get complicated….
The rescue who brought her to England are no longer operational and want nothing to do with her. We now know the person who ‘found’ her is the partner of her owner.

We have been unable to make contact with the owner via telephone or at last known address to establish exactly what has happened with Macey. She is terrified in kennels and finding her situation difficult.

Do you think you might be able to offer her a safe haven, we feel given time, space and the right environment she would settle back into normal life. If you need any more information please let me know and I will do my best to get it to you.”

Macey is currently in pound kennels. They need her out next week. Might you be able to help her please if we transport? I’ve asked the dog warden if her chip shows that she’s spayed. She describes her as a medium sized dog.

Best wishes Amanda S&S
Macey1.jpg
Macey.jpg
Sarahk

Re: Macey Romanian Crossbreed DofB 05.11.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Sweet sweet Macey, bless her she is very bewildered and nervous at the moment but we will help her to gain confidence and be happy again love4.gif

Macey is stunning love4.gif
DSC08629.JPG
DSC08632.JPG
DSC08634.JPG
DSC08637.JPG
Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
anne

Post by anne »

Macey is indeed a little sweetheart. So desperate to trust but very bewildered by her circumstances at the moment. I have had a couple of walks around the woodland with her. Although jumpy and skittish she was able to sniff and explore her surroundings to get her bearings. With time, care and love she will settle and be a wonderful new addition to someone's family. Our wonderful kennel staff are already building a lovely trusting relationship with her. So special love4.gif
macey3DSCF8160.jpg
SM&JA

Post by SM&JA »

Just a sweet girl. I sat with her in her kennel for a bit today as she looked very timid. We had a nice head rub, sausage and chat. She is clearly very friendly but if a bit bewildered- hopefully the right home is just round the corner ❤️❤️
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I have an ex Romanian Street dog myself, and meeting Macey today filled my heart. She is anxious and timid, and wary and lovely. It is wonderful to see how she has begun to trust Paige. I sat quietly in her kennel with her, and gently stroked her, and eventually with Paige’s support we popped leads on and she very warily came out with me. Macey needs a lot of patient understanding, encouragement and waiting. I gave her that, and we had a lovely walk around the Rescues grounds, through the woods and across the field. We went slowly, with lots of gentle praise, and pauses to chew grass, or look up and check what was possibly going on. Macey will reward her forever family with adoration, when they gain her trust and confidence. I know this from my own personal experience with my own Rommie. BUT that family MUST understand that for Macey every experience is a new one, trust and love is not something she is used to receiving from humans, flight will always be her first option if something scares her, so please please always walk her on a lead. Let her adjust at her own pace. She is a beautiful timid little girl.
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I went into Macey’s kennel and sat with her and was so pleased when she let me put the leads on her. We went for a walk with lots of encouragement and Macey’s tail was actually wagging for part of the walk. She is a dainty, fine boned, elegant little dog, and still so very uncertain and unsure, but gentle steps, this little girl will blossom, she really wants to trust, you can see it. Xxxx love4.gif
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I asked Paige to pop Macey’s harness on as she adores Paige and she is still very anxious about going out. Macey was quite skittish and anxious today, a twig cracking making her jump, but she was brave enough to venture into the woods with me, and she enjoyed sniffing around the trees. Going back to her kennel was very scary for her as she had to pass two people talking and we did a bit of a circuit. Once back in, Macey took sausage from my hand, which I was really pleased about, and let me take her harness off. Small steps, but important ones. And she is getting quite confident around Paige. Xxx :smiley-bounce016.gi:
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Little Macey our on walkies with Jess the other week - Paige at the kennels is very much her favourite person but out and about she’s slowly exploring with a few lovely walkers x
370749F7-3FB9-4275-BD71-92433DFF7A37.jpeg
AC6E6BBC-FA63-46A7-A11F-41AB90EE6A9A.jpeg
xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Little Macey came for a walk with me today. It was lovely to see her interact with Paige before we went put. Macey was quite brave on our walk and we even had tail wags. She loves sausage and was happy for me to take her harness off today. So happy at the progress this little one is making xxxx Heart fill with love.gif]
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I made friends with Macey today. She made me so sad, seeing her shaking in her kennel. I sat for a while until she accepted me, then she let me put her harness on. She really is a very scared girl. We managed a walk round the woods but every sound makes her jump and she hates the barking in the kennels. I don't think she enjoyed her walk very much, I wish I could get to know her better as she will need a lot of love and patience, bless her.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”