Toby Shar pei DofB 01.04.14 Northampton

Dogs that have found their forever home
Jude&Alf

Re: Toby Shar pei x DofB 01.04.14 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jude&Alf »

I had not really met many shar pei before walking for RR and now I have to say that they are fast becoming a firm favourite :havefun.gif:
Toby is an absolute love, it was my second time walking him yesterday and he welcomed me beautifully, bobbing and bouncing around in excitement, letting me put on his harness and then we set off for the nicest of walks.
I think it was only a few weeks ago that I last walked Toby and I am amazed at how fantastic he looks, as others have said his coat has grown back thick and full, he has a lovely full waistline and oh such sparkly eyes, which he uses to the best effect when he looks lovingly into your eyes, he definitely uses his eyes to tell you how he us feeling and yesterday it was all about the love ❤️
Toby walks so gently on his lead and as we walked the sun came out, which after a day of rain was fabulous and it was just the lovliest laid back walk.
Toby is such great company, he just loves being with someone who loves him, which all of us walkers do but he needs his forever family to come along and sweep him off his feet :crossfingers.gif: he doesn't have to wait too long.
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Toby was my last walk today but despite his wait he was so excited to be going out. We had a little false start as I realised he didn’t have a harness so off I went to find him a new once. Getting Toby harnessed up can be fun as although he tries to help you he is just so excited to be going out he wriggles about in happiness. Once we were harnessed up and on our way Toby revelled in all the smells and thoroughly left his mark along our walk. We headed to the paddock for some off lead time so that Toby could totally satisfy his love of sniffing. Toby is one of the happiest of dogs I’ve come across but he hates the kennel environment and so is hoping his special humans will find him very soon and whisk him off to his forever sofa.
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Terrific Toby and I had a great walk today. Toby is very stressed in kennels as his favourite thing in life is human company. He is always so excited to see you which can prove fun trying to get his harness on as all he wants is fussing. Once out though Toby is a good boy. He doesn’t pull too much and loves his walks, busting himself sniffing and peeing followed by a good old kick up of mud. Toby also loves some paddock time, mainly so he can go round the whole perimeter sniffing although he regularly comes back to you to say hi.

Toby is a gentle boy who really, really would like a home now. Could you be his forever humans?

F54240C2-F496-4BF4-8E38-E5C324F13315.jpeg

D5A73291-859E-4ED6-AB25-6512DC1C3128.jpeg
coffeepot12

Post by coffeepot12 »

Toby has come on leaps and bounds since he last spent the weekend with us, his fur has thickened up, he has put on a bit of weight and he was as lovely as ever.

Toby so enjoys being with his humans and never tires of sitting next to you on the sofa, having his belly rubbed and giving you lots of cuddles.

As before he can be a bit of a vocal traveller but this settles down quickly once you get going. He is very excited going for walks and enjoys all of the news smells, he can be a bit strong at times but with a regular couple of walks a day I am sure this would get better. He can be a bit barky with other dogs but moves on quickly to the next bit of park :)

Toby is a fantastic boy with a lot of love to give, he has been gentle with both children and adults and just needs a home he can call his own, could that be you? Consider giving this special boy a home and he will pay you back ten fold.
8DB0ECA7-9B83-430F-B149-ED86A5413E90.jpeg
EA85B95F-748C-49AD-92E0-C8205C36E150.jpeg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

I was so lucky to share a lovely walk with Toby on Thursday.
Toby is such a little sweetheart, so very happy to see you, full of bubbly, fizzy excitement 0077.gif I absolutely love his enthusiasm woo.gif]
I just so love Toby's company, his joy at being out and about is infectious, we were lucky to enjoy a lovely sunny, autumnal walk. Toby loves sniffing and snuffling in the undergrowth, we do stop regularly, more for my benefit than Toby's, he's such a squidgy boy, I find it impossible not to give him big old cuddles and kisses Kiss of love.gif
Toby, as others have said is looking amazing, just look at his time in foster to see what this boy is all about, he's so ready for the next chapter in his life :crossfingers.gif:
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I have walked Toby for the last few weeks with enjoyment. Today when I went to collect him his harness seemed back to front, so there was a bit of a kerfuffle whilst I took it off, sorted it out and put it back on. All the dogs around us were barking and Toby was trying to help by putting his head through the harness before it was sorted!! When we'd got sorted I think poor old Toby thought that was it and started to go back into the other part of his kennel until I picked up my leads! Last week when I was walking him a lady on horseback stopped to say how handsome he was and I thought 'wow Toby, way to go my boy' because when he came into rescue he was desperately thin and had bald patches on his coat, he'd obviously had a hard time. These days he looks like one of those plush toy dogs! His head is a lovely square shape, a little bit jowly and a little bit wrinkly. His fur is thick and soft and plush with an interesting darker stripe along his spine. His tail is a tight curl.He has the most soulful eyes. Toby is such a lovely boy, he loves his walks, he loves to 'back scratch' the ground every time he pees or poos or sometimes just when he sniffs. He is so enthusiastic about it. I am not jesting when I say that if you love a manicured lawn then Toby is not the right dog for you, but if you accept that the garden is as much his as yours, if you want a dog that will make you smile and laugh, that is thoroughly good natured and totally endearing, then Toby ticks all the boxes. positivo1.gif
coffeepot12

Re: Toby Shar pei x DofB 01.04.14 Guildford Kenns

Post by coffeepot12 »

Well Toby really did look the bees knees in his Christmas jumper when we came to pick him up on Saturday. As always he gave me a wonderful greeting and was so pleased to get in the car. Toby has come a long way since his first journey with us when he barked most of the way, there were a couple of barks and then he settled down quietly for the rest of the way.

Toby is a very enthusiastic walker, he can’t get enough of all the different smells as someone said above if you like a perfectly manicured lawn Toby probably isn’t for you as he loves to kick back the mud and leaves behind him and it can be quite the sight 0002.gif]

Toby is house trained and there were no accidents over the weekend. What he loves most in the world is people. He was gentle with the children and his favourite spot was curled up on the sofa next to them, it doesn’t take him long to start snoring.

Toby is the sweetest boy who so deserves a loving home to call his own. He has come on leaps and bounds since he came to rescue remedies and will make a wonderful addition to a family who can carry on building his confidence, please consider this lovely boy.
A58E6434-D67E-4D2C-BF20-C1DFE0679F45.jpeg
FAED13F4-137D-409C-8B47-97635A682E67.jpeg
Elliesmum

Re: Toby Shar pei x DofB 01.04.14 Guildford Kenns

Post by Elliesmum »

Thank for giving Toby time out, Hilary. He really is the sweetest boy, and so gentle. Loves all people, someone missing out big time here.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Sarahk

Re: Toby Shar pei DofB 01.04.14 Guildford Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Toby donned his santa outfit the other week to model for our RR christmas cards - what a dapper chap he is, doesn't he look GORGEOUS XXX
love4.gif snowwave.gif newyear.gif
Toby RR.JPG
DSC09028.JPG
DSC09030.JPG
Our very own super dog with his red christmas cape on XXX
A real christmas cracker !!!
Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
coffeepot12

Re: Toby Shar pei DofB 01.04.14 Guildford Kenns

Post by coffeepot12 »

Gorgeous boy, hope his forever home comes soon he really is a sweetheart xxx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”