Flo (Florence) Aylestone Bulldog DofB 18.05.16 Chalfont St Peter

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Flo (Florence) Aylestone Bulldog DofB 18.05.16 Chalfont St Peter

Post by xxlynne » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:12 pm

Current Status: Homed
florenceDSCF6784.jpg
Florence's Story: Florence was handed in to the pound. She is Bronson's sister, who came 2 weeks previously to us. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Florence is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Florence was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
florence2DSCF6789.jpg
florence3DSCF6783.jpg
florence4DSCF6801.jpg
Florence's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 14.06.19 Please could you help Florence 3 years old you took her brother a few weeks ago. Clynx
Florence.jpg

SarahW

Re: Florence DofB 18.05.16 Comes 28th

Post by SarahW » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:14 am

Oh Florence! What a happy face. love4.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

EmmaNicole

Florence Aylestone Bulldog DofB 18.05.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by EmmaNicole » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:37 am

Oh wow Bronson will be pleased to see his sis I’m sure. If she’s half as lovely as Bronson she’s going to be amazing 😍

EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:17 am

I couldn’t resist asking to walk Flo yesterday and as my hubby Rob had joined me we decided to take Flor and her brother Bronson out together. On the surface Flo is such a happy girl but she does have a few nerves underneath however she has a lovely gentle nature and was super excited to be going for a walk. Once fitted with her pretty new pink harness and I’d collected Bronson we were off.
E87164D2-F376-42A6-8458-1C54E32BDD16.jpeg
Look at that smiley face and big tongue all ready to give kisses
35D4629C-AAC2-4CD6-9756-85DD5565FFA0.jpeg
Flo being a bulldog has the potential to be a strong girl and she did give the occasional pull but for most of her walk was respectful of the end of the lead and was just happy to be out and exploring her new environment. Because of the heat we kept a close eye on both her and Bronson especially because of the general breathing issues bully’s like this can have. Whilst both of them breath quite loudly they were both comfortable walking in the heat and halfway through we took them to enjoy a nice dip and drink in the stream which they loved.

Both dogs were great around each other although Bronson seemed far more connected to Flo, stopping if she fell too far behind and regularly checking she was there where she didn’t seem overly bothered to see her brother at all 😆. Both were very happy to walk together though which was great to see.

Flo is so gorgeous I don’t think she we will be with us long, or at least that’s my hope.

anne

Post by anne » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:34 pm

What a beautiful girl!
florence1DSCF6827.jpg
florence2DSCF6828.jpg

chloe_stockwell

Re: Florence Aylestone Bulldog DofB 18.05.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by chloe_stockwell » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:28 pm

Oh my gosh Florence you beautiful girlie! I had the great pleasure of meeting her yesterday and she was so much fun to walk.

She was very docile and a little bit nervous in her kennel, but we had a good cuddle and a gentle intro to her harness and leads and off we went.

Well she just became a new dog when we got outside! She was so happy to get out and about, and had a huge smile on her face! She was a bit scatty so I took her over to the paddock first so she could stretch her legs and have a run around. I found she responded to her name with great recall, I was very impressed!

Lots of cuddles had in the paddock and then a short walk up and down the lane and around the kennel grounds, I cant sing her praises enough as she was so good the whole time.

I think she will be snapped up very quickly! Lots of love for Flo! ❤
Attachments
IMG_20190708_170136_307.jpg
IMG_20190708_170136_302_opt.jpg
20190707_115219_opt.jpg

CarolynRob

Post by CarolynRob » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:31 pm

Lynne Whoever takes your photos are amazing. She looks absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for taking her in xxx

anne

Post by anne » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:17 pm

Florence enjoyed a walk with little Mayli today. Mayli was much happier walking behind so Florence confidently took the lead with Mayli following in her footsteps keen to keep up. Florence was calm and happy and not at all bothered by Mayli following in her wake.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:46 am

Oh my Florence is adorable love4.gif - all those initial uncertainties when she arrived gone and replace by the biggest smile you can imagine :D
She loves her walks and her walkers thumbs.gif

Florence walked with Steph with me and Pheobe following behind ...
5B2F56F5-9B3D-4D93-B0CF-14FC6277BB5B.jpeg
Florence in front, Pheobe behind :0)
As we were walking down the path a horse and rider came towards us - we all stepped aside to let them past and both girls were so well behaved - just looking on watching this ‘big doggie’ go by with it’s walker on its back 0002.gif]

And a fuss from Steph once back near the kennels love4.gif
7379331E-62DC-454F-8E27-32173AEB441B.jpeg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:26 pm

Well Florence was a super star today helping new walker Tricia feel happy and confident with a bigger dog on the end of the lead. A rather large bang occurring quite close by as they had just exited the kennel block rather upset Florence and she tried to go back inside, but was encouraged to wait at the entrance to the woods and when I appeared with Bronson she was a happy girl. They greeted each other as the brother and sister they are and we set off. I suspect that Florence might have liked to take the lead occasionally, but Tricia is not too sure of her way around the routes yet, so she had to be content to follow in Bronson’s footsteps. Florence is a lovely friendly easy girl. Heart fill with love.gif]